Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Dash/In Car Video Camera for Vantage

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-17-2012, 08:51 AM
Dr. G has a spectacular aura aboutDr. G has a spectacular aura about
Dash/In Car Video Camera for Vantage

Does anyone have a recommendation for a windshield suction or dash mounted camera that will easily fit the Vantage? I have a run up to Lime Rock in May and would like to be able to record it.

Old 03-17-2012, 09:35 AM
Aston.Ca is just really niceAston.Ca is just really niceAston.Ca is just really niceAston.Ca is just really niceAston.Ca is just really nice
The Hero 2 would be the gold standard I believe ...

Old 03-17-2012, 09:57 AM
That's what I figured. My local Best Buy has one in stock for $404. Anyone know if they will match the price on the GoPro site?

Old 03-17-2012, 02:12 PM
AXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to behold
AMOC East has a Lime Rock evnt in June... The Lotus Club in conjunction with AMOC East has an event in south Jersey in May... you should go to these events as well. What club is doing the event @ Lime Rock in May?

Old 03-17-2012, 02:53 PM
Aston.Ca is just really niceAston.Ca is just really niceAston.Ca is just really niceAston.Ca is just really niceAston.Ca is just really nice
You can get it way cheaper than that ...
Amazon Amazon
for e.g.

Old 03-17-2012, 05:47 PM
Swoody is just really niceSwoody is just really niceSwoody is just really niceSwoody is just really niceSwoody is just really nice
$281.00 new on ebay..... F BB

Old 04-19-2012, 10:39 AM
AXARUNNER, I just saw your post. I'm heading there with the guys from Rennlist. The event is being held as a fund raiser for Lime Rock Park's Trees Campaign and Survive the Drive. A donation of $30 per car will be split between the two causes. For details, go to www.55trees.com and www.survivethedrive.org. Bob Green, the head of survive the drive will lead the parade laps. Bob is also the Skip Barber instructor and often drives the pace car during Lime Rock racing events. The drive will originate in NJ probably exit 5. Apparently there will be folks from the Ferrari, BMW and Corvette clubs at the track as well.

Old 04-19-2012, 10:41 AM
BTW, what's the June date for the AMOC event?

Old 04-19-2012, 12:42 PM
cret has a reputation beyond reputecret has a reputation beyond reputecret has a reputation beyond reputecret has a reputation beyond reputecret has a reputation beyond reputecret has a reputation beyond reputecret has a reputation beyond reputecret has a reputation beyond reputecret has a reputation beyond reputecret has a reputation beyond reputecret has a reputation beyond repute
AMOC East Lime Rock - Jun 28-30

Old 04-19-2012, 12:51 PM
AXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to behold
This from Lime Rock park's web site:

It’s not a public event, but we thought you would like to know that the Aston Martin Owners Club has rented Lime Rock Park for Saturday, June 26, to celebrate not only its 75th anniversary but its 40th year of coming to Lime Rock. Former Aston Martin factory pilot Brian Redman is AMOC’s guest speaker at its Friday night dinner at the Troutbeck Inn in Amenia, N.Y.

I'll post a link when it's available but I believe you need to join the AMOC to participate.

Old 04-19-2012, 01:15 PM
Benjamin09 is on a distinguished road
This is what I use

http://www.midlandradio.com/Action_C....EBK/XTC300VP4

I bought the RAM suction cup mount, http://www.midlandradio.com/ActionCa...es.XLY/XTA-150

Works awesome. Video is great, sound is okay but its the same with any of these small cameras.

Old 04-19-2012, 04:04 PM
jmargolese will become famous soon enoughjmargolese will become famous soon enough
A buddy of mine uses this one, its $180, suction cup and mounts included.

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produc...html&KBID=1178

Old 04-19-2012, 04:21 PM
Racer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud of
I did a thread a while back. As an update, I think the suction cup may have made a small dent in the piano black fascia. Next time I use the camera, I'll attach it to the windshield upside down.

https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...on-astons.html

Old 04-19-2012, 06:07 PM
Korn58 is on a distinguished road
I have used an I/O port carmera mount with great success. Some event I've participated in will not allow you to use a suction-cup type mount. I bolted mine to (I believe it's the roll bar) right hind the passanger seat. I cut a small square out of a rubber mat and placed it between the camera mount and the roll bar, so as to not scatch the roll bar. It can be purchased on any online racing supply store.

He is a video from last year at the Spectre 341 Challenge in Virgina City, NV.

Old 04-22-2012, 07:41 AM
007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of
Go pro hero 2 is def the best way to go. Could use the suction cup mount on the rear view mirror and use the narrow field of view (90degrees I believe) which should provide enough zoom to compensate for being further back.

I HIGHLY recommend getting LCDbackpac, it's worth every penny and takes all the guesswork out of framing your shot properly, plus it tells you battery, total film time and has many other cool features, you can turn the screen off too while recording to preserve battery life.

Hope that helps

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Dash/In Car Video Camera for Vantage