Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Aston vs Ford GT???

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-24-2012, 08:06 PM
black penguin has a brilliant futureblack penguin has a brilliant futureblack penguin has a brilliant futureblack penguin has a brilliant futureblack penguin has a brilliant futureblack penguin has a brilliant futureblack penguin has a brilliant futureblack penguin has a brilliant futureblack penguin has a brilliant futureblack penguin has a brilliant futureblack penguin has a brilliant future
Aston vs Ford GT???

I have a beautiful 2009 Vantage, but I have come across a well priced Ford Gt. so far it checks out as a clean car with no "stories". It's low mileage etc.

I have always Ben a fan of that beautiful Ford GT. it's an old school car, and not very practical it is kind of the opposite of the Vantage in most ways.

I feel like the depreciation curve is in my favor and they aren't making any more.

What say you guys? Anyone have first hand experience?

Old 04-24-2012, 08:12 PM
stkjock has a reputation beyond reputestkjock has a reputation beyond reputestkjock has a reputation beyond reputestkjock has a reputation beyond reputestkjock has a reputation beyond reputestkjock has a reputation beyond reputestkjock has a reputation beyond reputestkjock has a reputation beyond reputestkjock has a reputation beyond reputestkjock has a reputation beyond reputestkjock has a reputation beyond repute
IMHO Ford GT trumps the Aston.

I had a weekend loan of a 2008 Vantage, it drove well, but felt slow compared to my then supercharged Mustang GT.

The Ford GT can easily make 700+ hp with a blower upgrade.

I've never driven a GT but the look, sound and rarity win me over any day

Old 04-24-2012, 08:21 PM
Racer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud of
Although I love Astons, a GT is a tempting possibility vs the V8V. If you don't mind saying, about what do the GTs go for? I thought they were still really expensive.

Old 04-24-2012, 08:35 PM
spinecho is a splendid one to beholdspinecho is a splendid one to beholdspinecho is a splendid one to beholdspinecho is a splendid one to beholdspinecho is a splendid one to beholdspinecho is a splendid one to beholdspinecho is a splendid one to behold
Beast of a car. Go for it!

Old 04-24-2012, 09:34 PM
CRR
CRR has much to be proud ofCRR has much to be proud ofCRR has much to be proud ofCRR has much to be proud ofCRR has much to be proud ofCRR has much to be proud ofCRR has much to be proud ofCRR has much to be proud ofCRR has much to be proud of
I agree with the above. Get the GT.

Old 04-24-2012, 09:36 PM
sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !
I dunno that a ford GT would be on par value wise with the 09 v8v. I would thing the market value the GT would be going for would be significantly more than a 09 v8v... Is that accurate? I was inder the impression that GT are holding their values much better due to ceased production.

Old 04-24-2012, 09:49 PM
karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !
I believe the Ford will definitely be more of the collector car if you decide to hold onto it. It's also a gorgeous design. Too bad you can't have both. That's what I'd love to do.

Old 04-24-2012, 09:50 PM
scottblack has a spectacular aura aboutscottblack has a spectacular aura aboutscottblack has a spectacular aura about
I love my V12V, but Ford GT prices bottomed out and continue to be strong. Long term, it will probably out perform the Aston Vantages in value.

They are a blast to drive and so easy to do so fast. They just have a severe lack of stowage. So don't plan on taking your honey on a weekend trip in it, unless she packs super light.

FYI, I was at the Ford Centennial when Shelby, Gurney and Stewart drove the cars over the stage. It was memorable.

Old 04-24-2012, 10:02 PM
brumma has a spectacular aura aboutbrumma has a spectacular aura about
Definitely go for the GT--beautiful, powerful, rare. I just hope it's not a daily driver.

Old 04-25-2012, 11:05 AM
Viper1 is a jewel in the roughViper1 is a jewel in the roughViper1 is a jewel in the roughViper1 is a jewel in the rough
Gt

They are two completely different cars. I have an 06 Heritage edition GT. It is a great car, very fast, draws crowds wherever it goes and will only go up in value. I also have an 09 Vantage roadster and really can't compare the cars on any level except that they are both desirable cars to own. The main difference is that you can drive the Vantage comfortably anywhere with room for luggage. We have done just that going up and down the California coast to Pebble Beach. The Vantage is a wonderful car for such a trip. The GT, on the other hand, is better as a short thrill ride. I don't drive mine more than a few hours at a time. Yes there are guys that drive them everywhere but its not a great idea. Take a two hundred mile trip in it and you will see what I mean. And, luggage space is minimal. The GT was made well and they hold up well as long as you service them properly. See the Ford GT forum tech section. There are several things you do to one to keep it running right such as the famous axel bolts. Make sure the car you are looking at has had the various upgrades done, talk to the previous owner and absoultely make sure it has not been wrecked. They are diffulcult and expensive to fix. Call the GT Guys (best GT shop in the country) for more information. As to the value there is no comparison. The Vantage will continue to depreciate and the GT will go the other way. My car is worth more now than it stickered for in 06.
If the GT checks out I would sugest you take a LONG test drive to see if you really like it enough to give up the Vantage. It just depends on what you do with the car. A Vantage is fine second car where the GT is more of a third or fourth car. Like a Ferrari, Lambo etc. If you get my drift. The GT is not an everyday car where the Vantage can be used that way if necessary. Of course the ideal soultion is to have both if possible. Hope this helps.

Old 04-25-2012, 11:56 AM
black penguin has a brilliant futureblack penguin has a brilliant futureblack penguin has a brilliant futureblack penguin has a brilliant futureblack penguin has a brilliant futureblack penguin has a brilliant futureblack penguin has a brilliant futureblack penguin has a brilliant futureblack penguin has a brilliant futureblack penguin has a brilliant futureblack penguin has a brilliant future
Ford GT

It would be my summer car. I currently have a SC Range Rover Sport for family duties, a TT RS for everyday and track, and the Vantage that I drive to work most days in the summer.

The GT would be a replacement for the Vantage. I have a short commute and a private parking spot.

Good plan to do the longer drive. The Aston is a very good daily driver that still gives you a sense of occasion. I have heard the Gallardo's are also a great choice for daily driving.

Old 04-25-2012, 05:04 PM
The GT is more expensive, about 50k more than the Aston is worth today. I have found a beautiful red one, being sold by people I trust. The price is very competitive. I still have to do more investigations and of course a test drive.

At the moment, it's just a whim. The GT is a car I have drooled over since it came out, it's one of those cars that get on the bucket list, as was the Aston.

Old 04-25-2012, 05:44 PM
maroli will become famous soon enoughmaroli will become famous soon enough
perhaps the only car that competes with Aston for looks in the past 10 years

Old 04-25-2012, 06:55 PM
RPVantage is a splendid one to beholdRPVantage is a splendid one to beholdRPVantage is a splendid one to beholdRPVantage is a splendid one to beholdRPVantage is a splendid one to beholdRPVantage is a splendid one to beholdRPVantage is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by black penguin
It would be my summer car. I currently have a SC Range Rover Sport for family duties, a TT RS for everyday and track, and the Vantage that I drive to work most days in the summer.

The GT would be a replacement for the Vantage. I have a short commute and a private parking spot.

Good plan to do the longer drive. The Aston is a very good daily driver that still gives you a sense of occasion. I have heard the Gallardo's are also a great choice for daily driving.
The gallardo is good for dd only if you go to nice areas.
It attracts a lot of unwanted attention.

Good luck with your ford GT . ( one of my favorite cars )

Old 04-26-2012, 06:58 AM
Dr. G has a spectacular aura aboutDr. G has a spectacular aura about
RE: Gallardo - when I picked up my car it came down to the Vantage S vs. the LP550-2. The 550-2 is a beast, but I couldn't get past the amount of attention (three people got very close on my test drive to take photos) and the fact that there is no over the shoulder visibility.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Aston vs Ford GT???