Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Ultimate DBS

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-10-2012, 08:27 AM
scottblack has a spectacular aura aboutscottblack has a spectacular aura aboutscottblack has a spectacular aura about
Ultimate DBS

I hope that I am not repeating a thread that I missed, but wondered what the forum members thought of the new Aston Martin DBS announcement: http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/news/au...503cd1bd0655cf

Old 05-10-2012, 08:35 AM
yvr
yvr has much to be proud ofyvr has much to be proud ofyvr has much to be proud ofyvr has much to be proud ofyvr has much to be proud ofyvr has much to be proud ofyvr has much to be proud ofyvr has much to be proud ofyvr has much to be proud ofyvr has much to be proud of
More pictures:

Old 05-10-2012, 08:40 AM
Racer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud of
Personally, I wouldn't buy this last hurrah when something "better" may be right around the corner. That said, the diamond design of the stitching looks great!

Old 05-10-2012, 08:42 AM
CPB
CPB will become famous soon enough
Nice looking, but it's what you'd expect from the last iteration.

Old 05-10-2012, 11:20 AM
gekko will become famous soon enoughgekko will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by Racer_X
Personally, I wouldn't buy this last hurrah when something "better" may be right around the corner. That said, the diamond design of the stitching looks great!
I was thinking the exact same - must admit, really do like that interior design!

Old 05-11-2012, 09:23 AM
Viper1 is a jewel in the roughViper1 is a jewel in the roughViper1 is a jewel in the roughViper1 is a jewel in the rough
Ultimate DBS

Yep. Thats the car you buy in two years and save a $100 plus because the new one is better. Nice car though.

Old 05-11-2012, 01:43 PM
e46m3smg will become famous soon enoughe46m3smg will become famous soon enough
Sorry but Aston need to get more than 500hp from their flagship production car. More like 650hp I mean a 458 which is technically the baby Ferrari has more and so does the R8 V10 and so does the 911 RS 4.0 which is an NA flat-6. For a car of this caliber and price it's WAY too slow. It might not be slow outright but for the price and for what it is it's severly underpowered.

Old 05-11-2012, 09:21 PM
XJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond repute
Here's what you said...

Originally Posted by e46m3smg
Sorry but Aston need to get more than 500hp from their flagship production car. More like 650hp I mean a 458 which is technically the baby Ferrari has more and so does the R8 V10 and so does the 911 RS 4.0 which is an NA flat-6. For a car of this caliber and price it's WAY too slow. It might not be slow outright but for the price and for what it is it's severly underpowered.
Here's what I heard...

Blah, blah, blah....Ferrari...blah, blah, blah.....R8

Just another person who hasn't an inkling about what an Aston Martin is all about.

Old 05-11-2012, 09:44 PM
Enilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond repute
last picture is ... sick! not a convertible person but i'd LOVE to have one!

Old 05-12-2012, 10:30 AM
Racer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud of
Sorry but Aston need to get more than 500hp from their flagship production car.
I agree. As I've said before, Aston doesn't need to be at the top of the pack in terms of horsepower, but they at least need to stay IN the pack. I'm hoping that the next car has a horsepower figure that begins with a "6."

Old 05-12-2012, 11:30 AM
gekko will become famous soon enoughgekko will become famous soon enough
Question on the interior:

Are they offering Piano finish on the lower portion of the centre stack??

Those with Piano, does it hold up in daily life?? Looks like it would scratch very easily ... Thks

Old 05-12-2012, 02:17 PM
Originally Posted by gekko

Those with Piano, does it hold up in daily life?? Looks like it would scratch very easily ... Thks
Yes as to the first question.

I have Piano on the top and it will show scratches. Just need to be careful. Although I haven't tried, I'm sure lighter scratches can be buffed out.

Old 05-12-2012, 02:30 PM
XJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by gekko

You've been able to get Piano finish on all 3 pieces for several years now. Unfortunately, the piece that surrounds the radio section is uber expensive, as compared to the fascia and the console, which are just expensive.

Old 05-12-2012, 04:41 PM
bluesun is on a distinguished road
Old 05-14-2012, 09:32 AM
franki68 is on a distinguished road

Have you driven a car with that engine ? I just bought a DBS ,going into it from a gallardo spyder and before that an r8 and 997 turbo,in no way is its performance inferior to those cars.Yes it's slower than a 458,gt3 rs 4.0 ...but these are sports cars ,the aston is a GT and it is not a car designed to get you from a to b as quickly as possible ..a gtr will do that,it's a car where every journey is an event and a car brimming with character.
Plus on top of that it is gobsmackingly gorgeous.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Ultimate DBS