Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Aston Martin Battery Tender

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-02-2012, 07:23 PM
ssaa77 is on a distinguished road
Aston Martin Battery Tender

I have one of these and it's been working fine for years. Gave it to my dad to try and charge up the dead battery in his Volvo. Didn't work for him and now the light on the Tender doesn't go on when plugged in. I can't tell if it's technically not working since I always plug it in when I don't drive it, but suspect the thing is broken if the light doesn't go on.

I find it hard to believe these things can be fried, but maybe I'm wrong? I heard its a generic tender with Aston branding, so can't imagine the Volvo use was a problem.

Any thoughts here guys? Much appreciated....

Old 06-03-2012, 12:07 AM
sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !
It's probably an aston martin rebranded ctek 3300... I don't think it can be fried... But the light should go on indicating the thing is in operation and what charging mode it's in...

Old 06-03-2012, 03:15 PM
dicktahoe is a glorious beacon of lightdicktahoe is a glorious beacon of lightdicktahoe is a glorious beacon of lightdicktahoe is a glorious beacon of lightdicktahoe is a glorious beacon of light
Make sure you have pushed the car-end plug in firmly. It must be firm to make contact.

Old 06-04-2012, 09:44 AM
Yeah, it is the ctek from what I hear. I've pushed the lighter plug in very firmly, but nothing lights up. Any ideas of how to test the thing?

Old 06-04-2012, 10:40 AM
XJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond repute
Try it on any other car you have with a lighter socket.

Old 06-04-2012, 11:50 AM
DonL has a brilliant futureDonL has a brilliant futureDonL has a brilliant futureDonL has a brilliant futureDonL has a brilliant futureDonL has a brilliant futureDonL has a brilliant futureDonL has a brilliant futureDonL has a brilliant futureDonL has a brilliant futureDonL has a brilliant future
Have you checked the charger on a known "good" battery, or are you still trying it on the "dead" battery?

I checked my copy of the charger users manual, which says on page 9:

4. If nothing happens: If no indicator is illuminated, the connnection to the battery or the chassis could be faulty, or the battery could be defective. If the charging process has not started, this could be due to the fact that the power socket is not supplying a current."

Old 06-29-2012, 10:08 AM
Quick update, talked to dealer and they asked me to bring it in and test it. Said there might be a fuse or something. Sucks because my vantage battery is completely dead now despite driving it weekly. May need to get a new battery now.....

Old 06-29-2012, 07:53 PM
MikeD will become famous soon enough
The cigarette lighter socket has to be one that works with the ignition off, whatever the make of car. Many are not "hot" with the ignition off. Also, the factory tender is a tender, not a "charger." It does not have the output to bring back a battery that is completely flat. It may have fried itself trying.

Old 09-22-2013, 07:52 PM
tootsch is on a distinguished road
Buy a Battery Tender " Battery terminal to 2prong" cord and attache is to the Battery terminals.Plug any Ctek 3300 or battery tender of 1.0 amp or more in. Forget using cig lighter plug.

Old 04-23-2014, 04:46 PM
RicoDB9 is an unknown quantity at this point
With respect to battery tenders, you can buy a fully electronic 2A smart charger for $40 at Canadian Tire... if your patient they go on sale every once in a while for $25. It has a cigarette lighter adapter and I plug it right into the cigarette lighter interface thing in the trunk... works like a jet!!!

http://www.canadiantire.ca/en/pdp/mo...l#.U1hBFF6_fVk

Old 04-24-2014, 05:27 AM
zvez is just really nicezvez is just really nicezvez is just really nicezvez is just really nice
So I've got battery tenders which I've been using on my MCs for years. I'm looking at the owners manual and shop manual (don't have the car yet!).

Before disconnecting the battery to attach the battery tender pigtails, do you press the battery cutoff button/switch located in the trunk on the right side? If I do use the cutoff switch before disconnecting, will I have start up issues?

This is for a v8 vantage.

Thanks!
Chris

Old 03-07-2015, 03:49 PM
sunwide is on a distinguished road
i have 08 vantage roadster. a driver side seat doesnt work. (i tried reset without disconnecting the negative terminal) any option i could reset my seat?

Old 03-07-2015, 04:20 PM
07sportspack will become famous soon enough
Please- if you have a questionable battery really consider replacing it tomorrow. Too many owners have commented on crazy electrical issues after a "surprise" dead battery. Windows, door locks, seats, and nav stuff. The tender won't really help a bad battery for long. Cold winters don't help old batteries for sure. Hopefully yours only blew the 8 amp fuse in the cigar plug head and protected the tender from damage. It could have been caused by a bad/shorted cell in your battery. Good luck with it!