Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Definitive Aston Martin Buyers Guide -update.

Old 08-16-2012, 05:09 PM
karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !
Quick! Somebody give the girl in that picture a sandwich.

Old 08-16-2012, 05:17 PM
gekko will become famous soon enoughgekko will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by karlfranz
Quick! Somebody give the girl in that picture a sandwich.

Forget the food, I'm giving her my number . . .

Old 08-16-2012, 11:28 PM
plastique999 is a name known to allplastique999 is a name known to allplastique999 is a name known to allplastique999 is a name known to allplastique999 is a name known to allplastique999 is a name known to all
Got mine! And of what I read in the DBS section so far superb!

Old 08-18-2012, 05:26 PM
Aston.Ca is just really niceAston.Ca is just really niceAston.Ca is just really niceAston.Ca is just really niceAston.Ca is just really nice
Nevermind that, someone give the photoshop jockey a sense of proportion ...

Old 08-18-2012, 09:33 PM
Patrick B is on a distinguished road
I have received my Definitive Guide from Amazon (excellent, excellent book by the way), but haven't heard anything about the PDF updates.

The book was scheduled to arrive the week of August 20th, but it actually showed up about 2 weeks ago (showed up the day we went to buy our new house).

Nary a night goes by that I'm not skimming through it.....and now it has me thinking that I might even make the move from the current 2010 V8-6spd to a 2012 Vantage S with the new 7-spd ASM2 gearbox.

I love a three-pedal setup, but there are some things about the Vantage S that I like as well (I'm also wondering if the ASM2 is better suited as a 'commuter' gearbox vs the 6-spd).

Patrick

Old 08-18-2012, 09:57 PM
gekko will become famous soon enoughgekko will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by Patrick B
I have received my Definitive Guide from Amazon (excellent, excellent book by the way), but haven't heard anything about the PDF updates.

The book was scheduled to arrive the week of August 20th, but it actually showed up about 2 weeks ago (showed up the day we went to buy our new house).

Nary a night goes by that I'm not skimming through it.....and now it has me thinking that I might even make the move from the current 2010 V8-6spd to a 2012 Vantage S with the new 7-spd ASM2 gearbox.

I love a three-pedal setup, but there are some things about the Vantage S that I like as well (I'm also wondering if the ASM2 is better suited as a 'commuter' gearbox vs the 6-spd).

Patrick

Well - have to admit, every time I hit our chaotic crawling traffic on the 401/DVP, wish I had ASM2 . . .

That said - I driven the 'Vantage S' during a track day & still prefer how the 6 speed engages you. I don't commute with my V8, therefore my decision was an easy one. If you're going to be doing constant highway 'rush hour', you might want to consider the ASM2 - otherwise you'll be fine with the 6 speed.

Suggest you go down to GT and speak to Kam, test drive both options and see for yourself.

Good luck!!

Old 08-19-2012, 11:20 AM
Speedraser has much to be proud ofSpeedraser has much to be proud ofSpeedraser has much to be proud ofSpeedraser has much to be proud ofSpeedraser has much to be proud ofSpeedraser has much to be proud ofSpeedraser has much to be proud ofSpeedraser has much to be proud of
To each his own, but for me it's 3 pedals every time. I don't mind it in traffic at all (at least it gives you something to do), and I find it SO much more fun in every other situation. I didn't buy it for sitting in traffic...

Old 08-19-2012, 09:34 PM
Patrick B is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Speedraser
To each his own, but for me it's 3 pedals every time. I don't mind it in traffic at all (at least it gives you something to do), and I find it SO much more fun in every other situation. I didn't buy it for sitting in traffic...
Admittedly, I'm much more of a 3-pedal kind of guy as well. In fact, I've never owned a car with an automated manual (though I was looking at an M3 a few months back with the DCT in it). Obviously I've owned a few with proper automatics in them (the current Range Rover being one, of course).

If the Vantage S had the 6-spd in it....I'd probably jump right out and take it. That being said, I'd love to get the V8S out to Mosport sometime, and see what it's like to drive compared to a proper 3-pedal manual.

Hmm....maybe I'll hold off on the V8S and just search for a lightly used V12V instead.

Patrick

Old 09-05-2012, 08:16 PM
BklynNY is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Grant3
Hi Guys and Girls, I know many of you are waiting for the new 4th edition of "The Definitive Guide to Gaydon era Aston Martin" humble apologies for the delay in reprinting. As you know this was beyond our control while we waited for image approval, etc, but may we say a big thank you to all for your patience.
I'm told that every last order has (as of today) been fulfilled and the books are now on-route to you via airmail - it is fully up to date and we even managed to get details of the DBS Ultimate in and an image of the AM310. Hope you enjoy the latest edition and thanks again for your patience.
Cheers
Grant
Grant I am interested in buying this guide and found what appears to be one on Amazon but I want to be 100% certain I'd be buying the most recent edition or version. I am hesitant because the date on this stated May 2011. Is that the most recent edition?

Thanks and looking forward to going through it.