Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Mercedes engines...

Old 07-21-2012, 11:25 AM
XJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by 007 Vantage
Benz has much more to offer its plain & simple.

The end
Only to you...

Please turn in your user name...you obviously are not worthy

Old 07-21-2012, 11:32 AM
spinecho is a splendid one to beholdspinecho is a splendid one to beholdspinecho is a splendid one to beholdspinecho is a splendid one to beholdspinecho is a splendid one to beholdspinecho is a splendid one to beholdspinecho is a splendid one to behold
It's heresy. German engines in an English sports car? Only slightly less heretical than a German running the company that used to be bankrolled by the Americans, and was then bought out by a bunch of other guys, including some Arabs. LOL...

Old 07-22-2012, 07:25 AM
zambono has a spectacular aura aboutzambono has a spectacular aura aboutzambono has a spectacular aura about
Looks like I started a battle here. @xjrs I never considered the v12 when I wrote the thread. I think the V8 will be replaced first. I enjoy my car greatly and would have no need for the V12. I do think that the V8 should be in the 450 range, V12 closer to 600; just to keep up with the competition. If they need MB to get to 450 NA then so be it. By the way if I was in the market for the V12 I would just get the McLaren

Old 07-22-2012, 08:57 AM
Racer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by zambono
I do think that the V8 should be in the 450 range, V12 closer to 600
Definitely agree with that. Although aftermarket exhaust manifolds and cats can get you in that range, it'd be nice if the cars came from the factory with such figures.

Old 07-22-2012, 09:38 AM
mikey k is a name known to allmikey k is a name known to allmikey k is a name known to allmikey k is a name known to allmikey k is a name known to allmikey k is a name known to all
The V8 has been bench tested to 450 BHP at Gaydon.
They have just never bothered putting the mods in to production.

Old 07-22-2012, 09:51 AM
cret has a reputation beyond reputecret has a reputation beyond reputecret has a reputation beyond reputecret has a reputation beyond reputecret has a reputation beyond reputecret has a reputation beyond reputecret has a reputation beyond reputecret has a reputation beyond reputecret has a reputation beyond reputecret has a reputation beyond reputecret has a reputation beyond repute
Definitely would prefer 100hp/L for NA.

Old 07-22-2012, 10:02 AM
Racer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by mikey k
The V8 has been bench tested to 450 BHP at Gaydon.
They have just never bothered putting the mods in to production.
What mods are those?

Old 07-22-2012, 11:48 AM
XJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by zambono
By the way if I was in the market for the V12 I would just get the McLaren
I have no idea what this means, since the McLaren doesn't have a V12.

Old 07-22-2012, 12:00 PM
^^^McLaren F1?

Old 07-22-2012, 12:58 PM
spinecho is a splendid one to beholdspinecho is a splendid one to beholdspinecho is a splendid one to beholdspinecho is a splendid one to beholdspinecho is a splendid one to beholdspinecho is a splendid one to beholdspinecho is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by XJRS Owner
I have no idea what this means, since the McLaren doesn't have a V12.
True, nor are they in the same price bracket, and not at all the same type of car etc.

But you know what, I was very tempted when I had decided to get rid of my V8V. In the end, I asked myself whether I was ready to enter the world of video game cars (paddle shift, turbocharged, shift for you drive for you I'm faster/techier than you blahblah) or whether I wanted to savour what will probably be one of the last analogue, NA big displacement, shift/drive for yourself super sports cars. And that goes to the original post. I just hope that whatever Aston feels the need to do in order to stay afloat, they don't go down the video game road...

Old 07-22-2012, 04:40 PM
mikey k is a name known to allmikey k is a name known to allmikey k is a name known to allmikey k is a name known to allmikey k is a name known to allmikey k is a name known to all
Originally Posted by Racer_X
What mods are those?
Inlet and head work apparently

Old 07-22-2012, 09:14 PM
DetomasoGTS74 has much to be proud ofDetomasoGTS74 has much to be proud ofDetomasoGTS74 has much to be proud ofDetomasoGTS74 has much to be proud ofDetomasoGTS74 has much to be proud ofDetomasoGTS74 has much to be proud ofDetomasoGTS74 has much to be proud ofDetomasoGTS74 has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by cret
Definitely would prefer 100hp/L for NA.
Do the power upgrade, CATs, exhaust and filters!

Old 07-22-2012, 09:33 PM
sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !
Interesting topic. V12 def hallmark in the Aston... Silky smooth torque and grunt when you flat foot it! That said my vote is for mp4 12c or 458 italia or lambo 670sv/lp640-4 for a next car! For new vanquish money the performance in competitors can't be overlooked IMO.