Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Just installed H&R springs and spacers

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-02-2012, 11:36 PM
911ist is on a distinguished road
Just installed H&R springs and spacers

The springs lower the car about 1" and rides like stock. The H&R spacers are 11mm front and 23mm rear which widen the stance just perfect in my opinion without any rubbing. Here is a quick pic:

I love the new aggressive look!

Old 08-03-2012, 07:59 AM
AXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to behold
Nice!

Old 09-03-2012, 09:16 PM
mikes300 is on a distinguished road
Looks awesome, who did the work? I've been thinking of the same on my DB9 probably wheels too

Old 09-03-2012, 09:45 PM
HotLap is on a distinguished road
Looks great!
I saw a 2007 Vantage coupe over the weekend (for sale) and I've been infatuated since.seeing a few threads like this one aren't helping matters.
:-)

Old 09-03-2012, 10:54 PM
sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !
Did you have to use new studs and lug nuts with the H&R spacers? Did they come with those, any issue with the factory stud holes and the aftermarket studs.

Old 09-04-2012, 08:52 AM
LRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond repute
Perfection!

Wonder why AML (and many other manufacturers for that matter) do not set them up like this from the factory?

Old 09-04-2012, 12:08 PM
spinecho is a splendid one to beholdspinecho is a splendid one to beholdspinecho is a splendid one to beholdspinecho is a splendid one to beholdspinecho is a splendid one to beholdspinecho is a splendid one to beholdspinecho is a splendid one to behold
Interesting question. Maybe to avoid ground clearance and curbing issues? Some manufacturers eg. Porsche seem to get fender gap just right. I've always thought Astons had about 1/2 to 3/4" too much gap, even the V12V.

@OP, looks excellent!

Old 09-04-2012, 12:31 PM
Originally Posted by sunir
Did you have to use new studs and lug nuts with the H&R spacers? Did they come with those, any issue with the factory stud holes and the aftermarket studs.
Sunir - the kit came with lug nuts. You don't need to put extended studs as the lug nuts provided have deeper threading therefore provides the necessary security when used on stock studs.

Old 09-04-2012, 12:33 PM
LRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond repute
^^ not just sportscars. Porsche does a pretty good job on most stuff, I'm thinking of the Panamera. Most Euro sedans suffer from the "4-wheeler look" syndrome. We have a Jag XJ Supersport that sits too high......

Old 09-04-2012, 12:34 PM
i will need to take better photos soon...it looks so much more aggressive without compromising civility and the spacer does a perfect job on widening the stance without "hellaflushing" and ruining a classy AM.

I am contemplating new wheels as my next mod...

Old 09-04-2012, 08:19 PM
dehnert is on a distinguished road
Nice

I like the look, but my driveway is just steep enough to make ingress and egress a challenge if I lower my car. Next house, i will fix that.

Old 09-04-2012, 11:28 PM
MI6
MI6 is on a distinguished road
Looks Sweet!
Were the spacers developed for tge DB9? I haven't run across a (vantage) application on the H&R website... Any alterations to the hub necessary or was it a straight forward bolt on mod.
Love the look!!!

Old 09-05-2012, 06:43 AM
Originally Posted by MI6
Looks Sweet!
Were the spacers developed for tge DB9? I haven't run across a (vantage) application on the H&R website... Any alterations to the hub necessary or was it a straight forward bolt on mod.
Love the look!!!
Stuart is a sponsor here and has spacers made specifically for AM:

http://www.rsctuning.com/

Old 09-05-2012, 08:52 AM
Johncy2000 is on a distinguished road
I just talked to Stuart and wow was I impressed with how much knowledge this guy has. We talked for 30 min about Astons and he helped me out with what to look for when buying a used DB9. He even told me about a new product coming out for the DB9 that will yield 45whp after tuning. Give Stuart a call and he will take care of you that's for sure. RSC FTW!

Old 09-05-2012, 09:30 AM
Originally Posted by MI6
Looks Sweet!
Love the look!!!
Yes, on H&R's website, the spacers are listed for the DB9 but the kit will fit on the V. No alterations to the hub, pretty straight forward job.