Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Back ordered parts

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-22-2012, 01:42 PM
LotusJPS is on a distinguished road
Back ordered parts

Any thoughts on how long is too long to get parts from the factory? My dealer ordered a new headliner for my car because it catches on the top mechanism and has pulled out the stitching (covered under warranty). That was mid May and yet he's still telling me that it's back ordered. Is it common for parts to be back ordered so long for an Aston?

Old 08-22-2012, 05:03 PM
gekko will become famous soon enoughgekko will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by LotusJPS
Any thoughts on how long is too long to get parts from the factory? My dealer ordered a new headliner for my car because it catches on the top mechanism and has pulled out the stitching (covered under warranty). That was mid May and yet he's still telling me that it's back ordered. Is it common for parts to be back ordered so long for an Aston?
My first AM was cursed & I had many many special orders from the factory for parts - ranging anywhere from 6 weeks to 3 months. Thankfully the car was drivable in the meanwhile. Upper Dash leather & some trim took the longest, closer to 3 months (this was back in 07 & 08)

With my current car, I've replaced a few items I was not happy with & everything seemed in to be stock & arrived within 3 weeks.

Last edited by gekko; 08-22-2012 at 05:07 PM.
Old 08-22-2012, 06:21 PM
Former Vendor
Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !
Depends on what sort of part it is. If something is a common moving part - grilles, mirror housings, gaskets, consumables etc they can be on back order but usually only a temporary situation. Something more unusual, and especially trim pieces which due to the colour and finish options are much more specialized can definitely take a while.

Old 08-22-2012, 08:38 PM
RichKnox is on a distinguished road
I have been waiting for a glove box surround since early May.

Old 08-23-2012, 08:39 AM
Basic Sponsor
Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !
For interior trim that's uncommon, if ordered in May..would be around end of Aug-Sept..hehe I ordered a breather hose assembly for a V12 DB7, took 13 months..it's as if they hired a guy do to it

Old 08-23-2012, 03:18 PM
MichaelD will become famous soon enough
But I have to say that your car looks soooo beautiful. Will be worth the wait

Old 08-23-2012, 09:06 PM
FatFrank has a spectacular aura aboutFatFrank has a spectacular aura about
I had to get a new A-pillar trim for my 9 due to some sun warping earlier this year. The dealer said that they were special "made to order" from the UK. He ordered it for me without complaint and it came in a couple of weeks later from the UK.

Fits like a dream BTW!

FF

Old 08-26-2012, 02:37 PM
RichKnox is on a distinguished road
Thanks.