Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Back in the fold....N420

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-26-2012, 10:17 AM
riverflyer has much to be proud ofriverflyer has much to be proud ofriverflyer has much to be proud ofriverflyer has much to be proud ofriverflyer has much to be proud ofriverflyer has much to be proud ofriverflyer has much to be proud ofriverflyer has much to be proud of
Back in the fold....N420

Recently got this beauty. I had an 07 some years back and though I liked the car a lot, the power and tranny issues did not keep my interest. The upgrades in this car brought me around again.
Its a bit lighter, like 65#'s, has an awesome sports exhaust and all the cf bits, as well as sports pack suspension etc.
I find the two tone paint striking and one further difference from other cars on the road!
I have RSC filters and ecu tune package awaiting installation, but wanted to get some miles on it so I could feel any changes. May go H&R lowering springs but also feeling that out. I know the improved handling would be nice, but not having to sweat every driveway entrance etc is also nice. What have you guys who lowered your cars found as a comfort level?
One nice feature is I can take my golf clubs! Bag with irons goes in trunk, fairway woods come out and lay across the bag into various nooks and crannies and drivers goes front foot well along inside of seat so passenger can still ride.

Here are some pics.
First pic is stock paint scheme.
I found that although I liked the silver mirrors and window arch treatment, the silver around the grill made the car look like a blowfish! At times I liked it but so far decided to do a cf wrap, so further pis show that....what do you think?

Last edited by riverflyer; 08-26-2012 at 10:19 AM.
Old 08-26-2012, 10:21 AM
riverflyer has much to be proud ofriverflyer has much to be proud ofriverflyer has much to be proud ofriverflyer has much to be proud ofriverflyer has much to be proud ofriverflyer has much to be proud ofriverflyer has much to be proud ofriverflyer has much to be proud of
Pics

Attached Images   
Old 08-26-2012, 10:26 AM
and the rest

Attached Images      
Old 08-26-2012, 11:07 AM
pohsjky is on a distinguished road
I definately agree with you at the Blowfish theory. The current color combination you selected look awesome.

Old 08-26-2012, 11:39 AM
MichaelD will become famous soon enough
The 'lipstick' front was a colosally expensive option on the N420, something like $7,500, and I've never seen it on anything other than the press cars.

Apparently it took 22 hours work to get it done so that the surface between the two colours is completely smooth. Have to agree it didn't look too good though, despite the cost, but I really like the silver roof and mirrors

Old 08-26-2012, 12:28 PM
gekko will become famous soon enoughgekko will become famous soon enough
Congrats on the car riverflyer!!

Originally Posted by MichaelD
The 'lipstick' front was a colosally expensive option on the N420, something like $7,500, and I've never seen it on anything other than the press cars.

Apparently it took 22 hours work to get it done so that the surface between the two colours is completely smooth. Have to agree it didn't look too good though, despite the cost, but I really like the silver roof and mirrors
Wow - didn't realize it was such an expensive option.

Few years back when I had my AM factory walk through, a client had ordered five cars all featuring 'lipstick' front - they where all lined up at the final inspection area and looked truly hideous with the colour combinations he had chosen! My tour guide was not impressed either (said it more with a look, than words)

Old 08-26-2012, 05:02 PM
Aston.Ca is just really niceAston.Ca is just really niceAston.Ca is just really niceAston.Ca is just really niceAston.Ca is just really nice
Originally Posted by riverflyer
One nice feature is I can take my golf clubs! Bag with irons goes in trunk, fairway woods come out and lay across the bag into various nooks and crannies and drivers goes front foot well along inside of seat so passenger can still ride.
How big is your golf bag? I've found a trick that allows me to put my (standard sized carry bag) in the trunk without having to take any clubs out (which I initially did as you describe).

Slide the bag in base first with the base pointing to the left, then rotate the bag away from you (i.e. barrel roll it horizontally towards the front of the car). With this motion, the base rotates snugly into the space behind the rear driver's side wheel well (a space that is not present over the passenger's side wheel well) and it should give you a few extra inches of space just enough clearance so that the entire set fits in woods and all.

If I'm not mistaken, this is the space that normally fits the wheel inflation kit that comes with the car.

It will all depend on how wide the base of your bag is though. If you have one of those cart-only Tour monsters it would be a no go.

I've found this way I can even fit two bags this size in the trunk (although for the second bag, the woods have to come out).

The bag I use has a 7" x 10" base (about 8" x 11" at the top). And one of the things I love about this car is that I can comfortably take it to the golf course, unlike _many_ other sports cars.

Old 08-26-2012, 05:20 PM
sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !
That is a very nice looking car! I like the silver accents and would more then likely keep the lipstick treatment, it's part of a factory option package and specific to your cars built sheet, one of the items that sets it apart! What are the differences between the N420 and the v8v, or v8vs?

As for the golf bags I have no idea lol... I think the vantage w the hatchback has more room in the boot compared to that of a DB9/DBS ...just enough for a couple of small suitcases for a weekend getaway in those!

Old 08-26-2012, 07:44 PM
thanks guys. Aston, I will try the barrel roll technique next time, thanks!
Sunir, I did not get rid of the factory lipstick treatment, although I had no idea it was so expensive. I just had it wrapped in cf to match the front splitter and blend into the black color.
The N420 includes sport pack, cf splitter, diffuser and side strakes and a 65lb weight reduction and sports exhasut.
I notice my exhaust kicks to full voice at 3200 rpms as well. I have seldom had cars that changing out the exhaust was not one of the first items on the list, but this car sounds awesome. Really barks on start up and is such a rich sound. Not sure what hi flo cats will do to it, but they are part of list under consideration. As I mentioned RSC tune and filters first and then I will see what else, if anything.

Old 08-26-2012, 08:06 PM
Enilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond repute
What's the significance of the color scheme around the window? Can't say I like it...

Old 08-26-2012, 10:20 PM
No worries, to each their own!
I was not sure about it either when I first saw the pics, but it is a stunning combo in person.

Old 08-26-2012, 10:31 PM
gekko will become famous soon enoughgekko will become famous soon enough
Would love to see some closeup shots of how the carbon wrap turned out (around the front grill)

Old 08-27-2012, 02:15 AM
mikey k is a name known to allmikey k is a name known to allmikey k is a name known to allmikey k is a name known to allmikey k is a name known to allmikey k is a name known to all
Originally Posted by sunir
That is a very nice looking car! I like the silver accents and would more then likely keep the lipstick treatment, it's part of a factory option package and specific to your cars built sheet, one of the items that sets it apart! What are the differences between the N420 and the v8v, or v8vs?

As for the golf bags I have no idea lol... I think the vantage w the hatchback has more room in the boot compared to that of a DB9/DBS ...just enough for a couple of small suitcases for a weekend getaway in those!
N420 is an optioned up V8V
V8VS has a lot of unique stuff (until this model year ) like front brakes ASM2 quicker steering sport button V12V body kit wider tyres and wheels

Old 08-27-2012, 02:17 AM
mikey k is a name known to allmikey k is a name known to allmikey k is a name known to allmikey k is a name known to allmikey k is a name known to allmikey k is a name known to all
Originally Posted by Enilder
What's the significance of the color scheme around the window? Can't say I like it...
It's a nod to Aston race team colour schemes

Old 08-27-2012, 07:37 AM
MichaelD will become famous soon enough
Most of the weight reduction in the N420 was from the optional cf lightweight seats which aren't available in US because they don't have airbags.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: Back in the fold....N420