Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

V12 Vantage video/sound at track today

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-30-2012, 05:10 PM
black penguin has a brilliant futureblack penguin has a brilliant futureblack penguin has a brilliant futureblack penguin has a brilliant futureblack penguin has a brilliant futureblack penguin has a brilliant futureblack penguin has a brilliant futureblack penguin has a brilliant futureblack penguin has a brilliant futureblack penguin has a brilliant futureblack penguin has a brilliant future
It was honestly a chore just to get a clean lap. But the car was fun

I really do love that V12 Vantage, such an awesome machine. It's a joy to drive.

Old 08-30-2012, 07:42 PM
spinecho is a splendid one to beholdspinecho is a splendid one to beholdspinecho is a splendid one to beholdspinecho is a splendid one to beholdspinecho is a splendid one to beholdspinecho is a splendid one to beholdspinecho is a splendid one to behold
Sounds like you had a lot of fun! Definitely a thrill to open up the car properly without fear of roadside seizure/license suspension, thank you Mr. J. Fantino LOL...

Interesting to hear on the video your car does the same little rev surge as mine when you declutch on full throttle upshifts. I have heard this on other videos and evo magazine commented on it when they initially reviewed the car, so perhaps all V12V's do it. Is it something Aston could remove via ECU tweaks, I wonder?

Old 08-31-2012, 01:17 PM
sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !
You Toronto boys need to stop playing in the kiddie pool and take a drive over to Bowmanville and put your cars on a real track...the one and only MOSPORT! There is NO substitute !!!

Old 09-01-2012, 07:22 PM
blayne is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by black penguin
Aston are running a track day at Mosport on oct 1. They will have instructors present etc.

I'm signed up. Should be a great day.

That track is not one to mess with though. Certainly not in a high dollar street car.
Can you send me some info on that track day? I have been a couple of times, once with apex and once with Kyle Macelli (sp?). Would be interested in going again with a few astons.