Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Advice a newbie - lowering springs & tyres - 4.3L V8V

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-04-2012, 02:46 AM
JDB727 is on a distinguished road
Advice a newbie - lowering springs & tyres - 4.3L V8V

Hi everyone,

I'm new in the aston community, with a 4.3L coupe which I'd like to continue upgrade its exterior looks, before moving to the engine, to give it the looks of a V8S or a V12. Some of you might wonder why I simply didn't form start to this model.....Well, it's a question of budget....

I have so far fitted 19'' inches AM 10 spoke wheel, clear rear lights and the v12 side sills. Coming up is the more inclined tailgate (rsc tuning) as well as the carbon side vent blades. On order with rsc tuning, are the wheel spacers in 15mm front and 20mm back.
This has nicely improved the looks of the car, without deteriorating its profile. But I find the car not enough "muscular" and somewhat of weaker appear than the v8S which is the "target".....So here I am asking for advise to all of you more experienced.

My car currently has wheels fitted with 19"x8.5" 235/40/19 (96Y) potenza front and 19"x9.5" 275/35/19 (92Y) potenza rear....but I find this leaves a too large a gap between the tyre and the body of the car, while not giving the desired muscular look. Changing to 20" alloys is going to be to expensive for me and I was wondering whether :
(i) the wheel spacers will help me achieve visual looks of 250 front and 295 rear ?
(ii) using lowering springs will diminish the gap I mentioned ? But then, which dimensions should I go for in order to have the impression I've fitted 20"" alloys ?
(iii) my tyres are needs changing but I don't know if with my alloys and can go for front 255/35/19 and rear 295/30/19 or if i have to go for something else. Is there a good web site that provides you advise on wheel dimensions to choose ?

Finally, when looking at anAmv8S, I do have the impression the car is more massive / impressive than my 2007 model. Is the body of the V8s made in a different material than old 4.3L or is it the paint (onyx black) which is old giving that impression

All these questions might sound trivial for most of you....but i'd really appreciate your advice. The AM dealers in France (3) are that cooperative and don't seem to know more than just selling you a new car or doing the simple mods / servicing recommended by the factory..... So many thanks in advance for those dropping me a line to advice