Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

What to do in Cali?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-13-2012, 06:23 AM
Basic Sponsor
Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by mfrankel
Grew up in Irvine, work in Irvine across the street from AM USA, and yes it would be hard to find a more Stepford-type place. If you're enjoy your ethnic fare, Muldoon's Irish Pub in Newport is both a great place for a drink or food. Mexican food here is great. I agree on Las Brisas in Laguna, but if you're stuck in Irvine, the Mexican at pricey Javier's at the Irvine Spectrum is amazing.
For an auto-related treat, in Irvine is the Marconi Auto Museum, and it's worth the visit. It's a mixed private collection of about 100 vehicles, with Ferrarri & Lambo as core.
I"ll pm you my # if you have time for a beverage or lunch on me.
Sounds good, I'm gonna be at the DoubleTree..

That's the place I've been too..Irvine Spectrum, they have a steak/grill place there..wasn't bad..hehe lost my car in the indoor multi floor parking, thought there was only 1 indoor parking ..HA! I was wrong...3hrs later
Thanx guys..all the input is awesome, finally have something to do!!

Velocity Automotive Performance Limited

214 Maple Ave.
Oliver, B.C
Canada V0H 1T9
Office: (1)250-485-5126
Email: Tuning@VelocityAP.com

www.velocityap.com

Old 09-13-2012, 10:00 AM
DonL has a brilliant futureDonL has a brilliant futureDonL has a brilliant futureDonL has a brilliant futureDonL has a brilliant futureDonL has a brilliant futureDonL has a brilliant futureDonL has a brilliant futureDonL has a brilliant futureDonL has a brilliant futureDonL has a brilliant future
If you can, next time fly into John Wayne Airport in Orange County and save the freeway hassle...

You can check out real time LA traffic using the following site:

http://www.go511.com/traffic/map.aspx

Take a look at the site when you expect to be on the road to get some idea of the traffic, especially on weekdays. But being LA, the road conditions change at a moments notice. Saves having your ear to the radio for road conditions.

Have a great trip...

Old 09-13-2012, 10:39 AM
Basic Sponsor
Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by DonL
If you can, next time fly into John Wayne Airport in Orange County and save the freeway hassle...

You can check out real time LA traffic using the following site:

http://www.go511.com/traffic/map.aspx

Take a look at the site when you expect to be on the road to get some idea of the traffic, especially on weekdays. But being LA, the road conditions change at a moments notice. Saves having your ear to the radio for road conditions.

Have a great trip...
I usually goto John Waynes from Montreal..but there's no direct..So I usually go Montreal-Chicago-Orange County...but this time my flight got changed a week ago..Montreal-Toronto-Chicago-Newark-John Wayne, and back trip was John Wayne-Dallas-Atlanta-Chicago-Toronto-Montreal..HAHA 4 connecting WTF!! .. gonna spent the whole day in transit, for a direct flight to LAX that takes around 7hrs ..Lol needless to say I cancelled it and decided to fly to LAX direct and drive to Irvine

214 Maple Ave.
Oliver, B.C
Canada V0H 1T9

www.velocityap.com

Old 09-13-2012, 11:03 AM
sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !
Montreal is a fun town, huge party scene...and tons of clubs and things to do on St. Catherine St. ... def lots of eye candy for sure, a friend of a college buddy of mine went to school at McGill, plus I went out there w my sister in laws family, whole bunch of us...had a blast. I would def go visit again in a heartbeat! They also love their cars in Montreal and Toronto that's for sure!

Old 09-13-2012, 01:17 PM
Meefer is on a distinguished road
I'm a big lurker round these parts (yet to own my first AM) but work in Irvine by the university.

For steak, you may want to stop a bit north of Irvine and go to South Coast Plaza in Costa Mesa. Mastro's is close by and amazing. I'd also highly recommend Marche Moderne. Don't be fazed by the fact that it's a mall, it's basically the indoor Rodeo Drive of OC.

If you've got a free day, trek over to Laguna or Newport as others have said and drive on PCH.

Old 09-13-2012, 01:41 PM
Basic Sponsor
Yah, one thing thing I'm gonna for sure do is take a drive up the coast..I've heard about it, reading it here..heck you even see it on TV/Movies..and I'm not paying the fuel so why not!

Just the highways that I took around the hotel area to John Waynes last time are not what I'm used to....I can deal with the extra lanes cause here max we have is 3 wide, but what I found insane was the traffic lights that switch rapidly in the on-ramp..what is the sense to this?? I must of locked up the wheels 3 times coming to my first one in a turn....in Montreal if we find it's useless we just ignore it, so I kinda ignored the on-ramp lights in Irvine ..in mtl we're crazy drivers but we're proud of it, I mean com'on, where else can you go the reverse way down a 1-way street ..MTL-BABY!!! LOL

214 Maple Ave.
Oliver, B.C
Canada V0H 1T9

www.velocityap.com

Last edited by Irish07@VelocityAP; 09-13-2012 at 01:48 PM.
Old 09-13-2012, 01:48 PM
sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !
^^^ get the AML guys to toss you the keys to a V8V drop top and make a great drive out of it!

Old 09-14-2012, 10:45 PM
Madmikeybee is on a distinguished road
Hi Irish,

I second (or third) Las Brisas in Laguna. Marconi is good too. Oh, and C&C won't be there Saturday morning as they are doing a summer drive. Have fun and take in the sunshine. There is plenty. Enjoy.

Mike

Old 09-14-2012, 11:46 PM
plastique999 is a name known to allplastique999 is a name known to allplastique999 is a name known to allplastique999 is a name known to allplastique999 is a name known to allplastique999 is a name known to all
I'll be going to Supercar Sunday....

Old 09-15-2012, 11:15 AM
Aston.Ca is just really niceAston.Ca is just really niceAston.Ca is just really niceAston.Ca is just really niceAston.Ca is just really nice
Originally Posted by irish07
..in mtl we're crazy drivers but we're proud of it, I mean com'on, where else can you go the reverse way down a 1-way street ..MTL-BABY!!! LOL
Said it before and I'll say it again, by the time I finished my 4 years of med school in Mtl, I realized that I was reflexively looked both ways before crossing one way streets. Only in Mtl, only in Mtl ...