Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

How Rare....

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-19-2012, 06:34 PM
MI6
MI6 is on a distinguished road
How Rare....

Any one have any model specific sales figures for The Gaydon VH cars? I'd read somewhere they were producing about 2500 vantage per year...
With AML barely squeaking out 7/8 thousand cars per year it would stand to reason the Vantage and DB9 will be future collectibles...
I hope ;0)

Old 09-20-2012, 08:28 AM
Former Vendor
One@D2Forged has much to be proud ofOne@D2Forged has much to be proud ofOne@D2Forged has much to be proud ofOne@D2Forged has much to be proud ofOne@D2Forged has much to be proud ofOne@D2Forged has much to be proud ofOne@D2Forged has much to be proud ofOne@D2Forged has much to be proud ofOne@D2Forged has much to be proud ofOne@D2Forged has much to be proud of
Price wise or just as a beautiful piece of design they are? I have yet to encounter an Aston nut who looks at his cars through sheer numbers.

Old 09-20-2012, 03:35 PM
MI6
There's got to be a dozen 911 for every one vantage or DB9... This has got to add to the long term collectibility..

Old 09-20-2012, 06:12 PM
MikeD will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by MI6
There's got to be a dozen 911 for every one vantage or DB9... This has got to add to the long term collectibility..
And yet, a 2001 Porsche turbo sells for more than a 2001 DB7 Volante (which was produced as fast as they sold, which was not fast). You're crazy if you think residuals on common Astons will hold up.

Old 09-20-2012, 08:44 PM
PCH
PCH is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by MI6
I wouldn't count on it!

Old 09-20-2012, 09:47 PM
Speedraser has much to be proud ofSpeedraser has much to be proud ofSpeedraser has much to be proud ofSpeedraser has much to be proud ofSpeedraser has much to be proud ofSpeedraser has much to be proud ofSpeedraser has much to be proud ofSpeedraser has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by MikeD
And yet, a 2001 Porsche turbo sells for more than a 2001 DB7 Volante (which was produced as fast as they sold, which was not fast). You're crazy if you think residuals on common Astons will hold up.
That's a questionable claim -- the prices are very close. Regardless, I wouldn't expect current generation Astons to be "collectible" for many years, although they will always be Aston Martins and will always be worth some money. Of course, water-cooled 911s don't hold their value well either. And they are everywhere, at least around here, whereas any Aston is a very rare sight.

Old 09-20-2012, 11:53 PM
sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !
Only time will tell... I think things like options packages, rarity items (like a manual gearbox on a DB9) etc... Will make certain examples more collectable, also condition, quality of the car etc...

Old 09-21-2012, 09:44 AM
mikey k is a name known to allmikey k is a name known to allmikey k is a name known to allmikey k is a name known to allmikey k is a name known to allmikey k is a name known to all
On a factory tour last year I was told there are now 4500 Vantages out there, about what Porsche make in 911's per year!
I've just about completed 5k miles round Europe in 2 weeks and not seen another Aston
Plenty of Porsche and a few Ferraris and 2 Lambo's
I love the rarity

Old 09-21-2012, 10:53 AM
MI6
Originally Posted by mikey k
On a factory tour last year I was told there are now 4500 Vantages out there, about what Porsche make in 911's per year!
I've just about completed 5k miles round Europe in 2 weeks and not seen another Aston
I love the rarity
I read that 911 production volume is about 13 thousand units per year...
As far as vantage and DB9 Short term depreciation is to be expected... But long term:
((desirability and low volume)) have got to equal some degree of collectibility

Old 09-21-2012, 11:09 AM
sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by mikey k
I love the rarity
Vantage was produced in higher volume then DB Series cars which makes sense as the entry level Aston and competition with the Porsche 911 however still staggaring how low the volume is on the Vantage over the years cumulatively speaking, any idea on the number of DB9 and DBS vehicles out there?

Old 09-21-2012, 07:39 PM
MikeD will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by Speedraser
That's a questionable claim -- the prices are very close.
That's exactly my point. The DB7 Volante cost $50k more in 2001, there were far fewer made, and yet it sells for the same as a very common 911 turbo. Don't get me wrong. I love Astons. I bought a Vanquish new in 2004 and got killed when I sold it in 2006. As an aside, relatively few Vanquishes were made, and they can be had for the price of a year old M6. I now have a 2010 DBS Volante. I love it, but I have no doubt that I'm losing 15% per year. And, if the car ever becomes collectible, it will be long after I'm dead (and I'm 50).

Old 09-21-2012, 08:07 PM
Vergis has a spectacular aura aboutVergis has a spectacular aura aboutVergis has a spectacular aura about
What concerns me is will the new Ford Mondeo cheapen that great Aston front look :

Old 09-21-2012, 10:02 PM
Speedraser has much to be proud ofSpeedraser has much to be proud ofSpeedraser has much to be proud ofSpeedraser has much to be proud ofSpeedraser has much to be proud ofSpeedraser has much to be proud ofSpeedraser has much to be proud ofSpeedraser has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by MikeD
That's exactly my point. The DB7 Volante cost $50k more in 2001, there were far fewer made, and yet it sells for the same as a very common 911 turbo. Don't get me wrong. I love Astons. I bought a Vanquish new in 2004 and got killed when I sold it in 2006. As an aside, relatively few Vanquishes were made, and they can be had for the price of a year old M6. I now have a 2010 DBS Volante. I love it, but I have no doubt that I'm losing 15% per year. And, if the car ever becomes collectible, it will be long after I'm dead (and I'm 50).
Mike,

It's clear what you're doing wrong -- you're selling your Astons too soon

Old 09-21-2012, 10:25 PM
MI6
Originally Posted by Vergis
What concerns me is will the new Ford Mondeo cheapen that great Aston front look :

Good for ford & Better than the current mondeo/fusion but still a cheap knock-off in the grand scheme of things

Last edited by MI6; 09-21-2012 at 10:40 PM.
Old 09-22-2012, 06:51 AM
Racer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud of
I agree. It's a bit irritating that Ford borrowed the Aston grille, but I don't think it's going to hurt Aston.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: How Rare....