Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

ECU Tuning Group | Aston Martin Virage ECU Upgrade

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-27-2012, 06:21 PM
Former Vendor
sales@ECU Tuning Group is just really nicesales@ECU Tuning Group is just really nicesales@ECU Tuning Group is just really nicesales@ECU Tuning Group is just really nicesales@ECU Tuning Group is just really nice
Originally Posted by TAGMotorsports
I dont want to start a battle. HOWEVER neither Jags or his assistant were able to go ahead and put these things on. After countless hours of re-search and reaching our contacts at Jaguar corporate, we found out that the factory pulley is actually pressed on from the factory assembly line onto the shaft... After it has been removed, there is absolutely no way of re-installing it. As far as my customer service is concerned, Unfortunately any capable tech will tell you that when the day is over, and they are overwhelmed with a situation, its better not to force it, and begin again in the morning with a clean mind. So by telling me I cant be in business because i cant put a stock pulley back on, maybe you should do your homework before getting into something thats a bit over your head

Regardless. I wish ETG the best, i hope you and Jags are able to push past some of these speedbumps and are move forward providing your customers with a good products.
Alex, you're absolutely correct, the stock pulley is pressed on, just like the way we pressed ours on. We never claimed to be mechanics, however we did say we would oblige and bring our own mechanic.

Old 09-27-2012, 06:48 PM
Former Vendor
Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by sales@ECU Tuning Group
Stuart,

I can't believe I'm sitting here reading this nonsense you're posting. This is going in circles and to be frankly honest with you, we do not have time for you or your company.All you do is keep contradicting yourself and wasting our time. If you have an issue, you can address it on the phone or in person.

We just don't understand why you wouldn't post the Virage if you were the first company to program. What's worth talking about?
Sorry if I lost you somewhere.

I guess we never posted here that we tuned a Virage because A. It's just another DB9/DBS and B. I'm not arrogant enough to assume that just because it was the first Virage we tuned, that it was the first one in the world.

Old 09-28-2012, 01:18 AM
montyfd is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Stuart@RSC
The process of achieving a good tune for a car involves very little use of a dyno, unless all you care about is WOT running in which case fine. Frankly I'd be more concernd about a company ONLY using a dyno to write a map for a car.
This is the most ridiculous statement you could make, sorry.

Originally Posted by Stuart@RSC
Sorry if I lost you somewhere.

I guess we never posted here that we tuned a Virage because A. It's just another DB9/DBS and B. I'm not arrogant enough to assume that just because it was the first Virage we tuned, that it was the first one in the world.
Looooool. Really. You advertise any new part, no matter how small or for what car. And then you "forget" this. Sure.
As long as you believe it yourself, all is fine.

Last edited by montyfd; 09-28-2012 at 01:23 AM.
Old 09-28-2012, 06:46 AM
Former Vendor
Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by montyfd
This is the most ridiculous statement you could make, sorry.
Dialling in the optimal AFR at WOT and open-loop on the dyno is not difficult. Achieving smooth, seamless operation at part-throttle under closed-loop conditions is where a lot of tuners fall down. Thanks for qualifying your statement though.

Originally Posted by montyfd
Looooool. Really. You advertise any new part, no matter how small or for what car. And then you "forget" this. Sure.
As long as you believe it yourself, all is fine.
I don't need to believe it, it is a fact, as John Ryan confirmed. Remind me who you are again and why you're attacking me? Plant.

Old 09-28-2012, 07:53 AM
RossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond repute
Stuart, you are being trolled and feeding him.

Old 09-28-2012, 08:23 AM
yvr
yvr has much to be proud ofyvr has much to be proud ofyvr has much to be proud ofyvr has much to be proud ofyvr has much to be proud ofyvr has much to be proud ofyvr has much to be proud ofyvr has much to be proud ofyvr has much to be proud ofyvr has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by RossL
Stuart, you are being trolled and feeding him.
Agreed. A little Googling turns up very similar posts involving ETG on other forums. This thread should be allowed to die.

Old 09-28-2012, 09:03 AM
Former Vendor
Fair enough I will sign off... Mods, if you feel like locking this thread?

Old 09-28-2012, 09:38 AM
dicktahoe is a glorious beacon of lightdicktahoe is a glorious beacon of lightdicktahoe is a glorious beacon of lightdicktahoe is a glorious beacon of lightdicktahoe is a glorious beacon of light
Sure, lock the thread. The drama is too much for the help and civility this site usually provides. Hang in there Stuart, we're the 99% that are in lock-step with you!

Old 09-28-2012, 10:09 AM
RossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond repute
I was referring to montyfd not the vendor battle. montyfd is just being a troll. I have popcorn for the vendor battle

Old 09-28-2012, 11:25 AM
MichaelD will become famous soon enough
Yes, the thread went past informative and reached argumentative. Time to lock it and let it die

Old 09-28-2012, 03:36 PM
montyfd is on a distinguished road
[QUOTE=Stuart@RSC;3651691]Dialling in the optimal AFR at WOT and open-loop on the dyno is not difficult. Achieving smooth, seamless operation at part-throttle under closed-loop conditions is where a lot of tuners fall down. Thanks for qualifying your statement though.
QUOTE]

So other tuners must be stupid as they have to invest in expensive dynos do develop new tunes in detail while you are able to confirm the changes with your butt-dyno. Respect!

I have no problem if its something that was developed before. But if its something new and you rely on your feeling when driving a car instead of bullet-proof numbers, this is not professional.
Part throttle is easy, the O2 sensors will protect you. WOT is a different storry. There you are in open loop and have no control from O2 sensors.

But maybe you are only a reseller that does not write his software. Nobody can blame you then for not using a dyno to develop something. Telling stories about "live tuning on the road" will be the best option in that case.

Edit: i was just looking at your website. Is there a reason why you dont give your adress there?

Last edited by montyfd; 09-28-2012 at 03:48 PM.
Old 09-28-2012, 04:07 PM
AstonAddict is a jewel in the roughAstonAddict is a jewel in the roughAstonAddict is a jewel in the roughAstonAddict is a jewel in the rough
I have been reading this thread and cannot understand why something like an ECU tuning chip could become so contentious and generates so much mutual recrimination.

I am interested in an ECU tune for my car but there is not much information here about such technical matters. Maybe somebody can post something about that.