Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

temperature guage range question

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-11-2012, 03:50 AM
shadowhusky will become famous soon enough
temperature guage range question

I brought my car out this morning to work since it is supposed to be clear and sunny later today. The temp is outside is only about 37° and the tem,perature gusge couldnt even get halfway to the normal operating temp. which is technically halfway between the C and H on the dial. Is this something that other have experienced?

FYI almost all of my drive is at highway speeds, the first mile is a crawl of about 15 mph down my unpaved road but after that it is about 32 miles of 55 mph and above.

Old 10-11-2012, 07:30 AM
Former Vendor
Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by shadowhusky
I brought my car out this morning to work since it is supposed to be clear and sunny later today. The temp is outside is only about 37° and the tem,perature gusge couldnt even get halfway to the normal operating temp. which is technically halfway between the C and H on the dial. Is this something that other have experienced?

FYI almost all of my drive is at highway speeds, the first mile is a crawl of about 15 mph down my unpaved road but after that it is about 32 miles of 55 mph and above.
What model & year do you have? It sounds to me like your thermostat has failed. It is not an uncommon failure on the V8, the seal breaks down and gets stuck in the thermostat, preventing it from fully closing. In warmer climes you'd never even notice, but in colder ones, it then takes far longer to get up to temperature, or sometimes won't even come up to full operatinge temperature at all.

There is a Jaguar part which fits the V8 for much less than the AM thermostat.

Old 10-11-2012, 07:49 AM
DonL has a brilliant futureDonL has a brilliant futureDonL has a brilliant futureDonL has a brilliant futureDonL has a brilliant futureDonL has a brilliant futureDonL has a brilliant futureDonL has a brilliant futureDonL has a brilliant futureDonL has a brilliant futureDonL has a brilliant future
Lots of information in this old thread:

https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...hermostat.html

Old 10-11-2012, 10:27 AM
mine is a 07 Vantage V8 with a whopping 7000 miles on it. the first owner apparently didnt like driving it. it had 4000 on it when i bought it 6 weeks ago.

Does anybody have a Jaguar part number that I could pick up. I can stop at the dealer today after work and get this taken care of. thanks in advance

Last edited by shadowhusky; 10-11-2012 at 10:32 AM.
Old 10-11-2012, 01:40 PM
UKRacer will become famous soon enough
All the info you need is in the link above.....................

Old 10-11-2012, 02:00 PM
Originally Posted by UKRacer
All the info you need is in the link above.....................

That is what I figured but I called the dealer and got a price on the part number AJ811788 and two different dealers gave me a price of $54.34. That is why I was wondering if there was a different part number. because people are giving prices that are about half of what they are charging

Old 10-11-2012, 02:27 PM
UKRacer will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by shadowhusky
That is what I figured but I called the dealer and got a price on the part number AJ811788 and two different dealers gave me a price of $54.34. That is why I was wondering if there was a different part number. because people are giving prices that are about half of what they are charging
Sorry - I can't help you out on the pricing as I am in the UK - there is a photograph of the Jaguar box with part number that I used in the thread - $54.34 would be considerably less expensive than the equivalent Aston part