Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

iPhone 5 and the AM Factory iPod kit

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-26-2013, 01:34 PM
barryf43 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by trappedatuf
I bought the original Apple adapter and it didn't work! :-( There are two adapter versions... one with no cable (just a little block looking thing) and the one with the little cord on it between the two adapter ends. I have the latter.

Q1. For you guys it works for: Do you guys have a '10 Vantage or newer cars?

Q2. Do you have the same Apple adapter with the cable like I do?

Q3. Are you hooking up an iPhone 5 or iPad Mini? I want to use an iPad Mini. I would assume the same but you never know... anyone had specific luck with an iPad Mini?
Q1: 2012 Virage
Q2: The links on your post aren't working, but I'm using the short cable connector
Q3: iPhone 5. Works fine for both power and iPod connection.

Old 08-26-2013, 01:50 PM
trappedatuf is on a distinguished road
Gotcha, and thanks Barry. I am really inquiring about the iPad Mini. I use Spotify because it's amazing at sync'd playlists (basically like an iTunes with almost every song ever in it all for a low monthly price)... and I really want to dedicate and iPad Mini to the car so I can add songs I like via my home computer or phone and then have them in my car automatically!

Anyone had luck with an iPad Mini in their Aston (mine doesn't work 2010 AM Vantage).

Old 08-27-2013, 11:20 AM
LRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond repute
Not sure why this has to be so difficult but, it is.... My iPhone 4S will play when connected to the AM supplied cable in the console. This cable is about 4" long and a huge PITA unless you just plug it in, put it in the console and leave it! But, I want a longer cable..... Can someone tell me if there is something available? How the hell am I supposed to text when I drive if I cannot see the screen!!!

Old 08-27-2013, 03:13 PM
"text when I drive"... hahaha! But I feel your pain... I have the same issue. Tried a few extension cables and nothing worked. I don't see how the iPad Mini is different from the iPhone 5 but would love a solution too.

Old 08-27-2013, 03:18 PM
LRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond repute
^^ Of course I ALWAYS pull over when I make a phone call, send an email and especially when I text... Said no one EVER!

Seriously, why is this so frickin difficult? I have ordered a couple 30 pin cable with a male end on one end and a female end on the other. Read mixed reviews about each of the two cables I ordered. Some say they work, some say they don't! Some say they worked for a little while and then didn't work at all.... WTF? Is this really that difficult? Can someone explain to me why this is not as simple as ordering a longer cable???? Or is it? Details?

Old 08-29-2013, 04:39 PM
Update:

I order all four of the following products and all four work perfectly with the stock iPhone connection.....

Attached Images  
Old 03-26-2014, 10:03 PM
David3490 is on a distinguished road
Finally found a cable

I've been watching this site for awhile trying to find a adapter setup that works with the V8V and iphone 5 with lightning connection nd finally got it working.

I have a 2008 V8V and I've purchased about 8 adapters, none of them worked.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B0097BEG08/ref=redir_mdp_mobile?ref_=cm_sw_r_udp_awd_d-5mtb1B1VJ1W

This is the apple brand cable adapter. This cable alone works but will not charge the iPhone 5s. If you want audio and charging then add a scosche adapter - Scosche passPORT Charging Adapter for iPod and iPhone (Black)
Scosche (572)
Also available on amazon

This combo synch audio and charging. The aston can read the device to change tracks and it also allows you to stream pandora and spotify.

Hope this info helps someone save a few bucks from buying all the different adapters like I had to.

Last edited by David3490; 03-26-2014 at 10:06 PM.
Old 03-27-2014, 12:10 AM
Bleen is a glorious beacon of lightBleen is a glorious beacon of lightBleen is a glorious beacon of lightBleen is a glorious beacon of lightBleen is a glorious beacon of lightBleen is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by David3490
I've been watching this site for awhile trying to find a adapter setup that works with the V8V and iphone 5 with lightning connection nd finally got it working.

I have a 2008 V8V and I've purchased about 8 adapters, none of them worked.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B0097B..._d-5mtb1B1VJ1W

This is the apple brand cable adapter. This cable alone works but will not charge the iPhone 5s. If you want audio and charging then add a scosche adapter - Scosche passPORT Charging Adapter for iPod and iPhone (Black)
Scosche (572)
Also available on amazon

This combo synch audio and charging. The aston can read the device to change tracks and it also allows you to stream pandora and spotify.

Hope this info helps someone save a few bucks from buying all the different adapters like I had to.
Man, that blows... I just got an iPhone 5s and was looking into this today actually. Somehow I want to make it work. Just by curiosity, did you try with the apple adapter that does NOT come with a cable?

This one: http://store.apple.com/us/product/MD...30-pin-adapter

Thanks for posting this info.

Old 03-27-2014, 12:17 AM
David3490 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Bleen
Man, that blows... I just got an iPhone 5s and was looking into this today actually. Somehow I want to make it work. Just by curiosity, did you try with the apple adapter that does NOT come with a cable?

This one: http://store.apple.com/us/product/MD...30-pin-adapter

Thanks for posting this info.
I tried the authentic apple adapter without cable and it didn't work. Not sure why the cable version is the only one that works for me.

Old 03-27-2014, 12:22 AM
Bleen is a glorious beacon of lightBleen is a glorious beacon of lightBleen is a glorious beacon of lightBleen is a glorious beacon of lightBleen is a glorious beacon of lightBleen is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by David3490
I tried the authentic apple adapter without cable and it didn't work. Not sure why the cable version is the only one that works for me.
Weird. Other users in this thread are reporting it works with just the block-type adapter, but others say they need the sosche too. I wonder if the cable changes per model year, or even better, if there's any compatible cables (volvo? ford?)

Old 03-27-2014, 04:03 AM
My iPhone5 works well... I want to use my iPad Mini though (they both use the Apple Flash connector). I tried several cables but the system can never read it. Has anyone used an iPad Mini successfully with their setup?

Old 03-27-2014, 01:49 PM
goto35 will become famous soon enoughgoto35 will become famous soon enough
Your best bet is this:

Amazon.com: ViseeO Tune2air WMA1000: Cell Phones & Accessories Amazon.com: ViseeO Tune2air WMA1000: Cell Phones & Accessories

I just ordered it and will write a detailed review. Pistonheads Aston owners rave about it.

Old 03-27-2014, 04:49 PM
Originally Posted by jateshk
Your best bet is this:

Amazon.com: ViseeO Tune2air WMA1000: Cell Phones & Accessories

I just ordered it and will write a detailed review. Pistonheads Aston owners rave about it.
Looking forward to it

Old 03-27-2014, 05:16 PM
Ok, doing a bit of research I found that if you have older Astons you need the scoche adapter PLUS the apple 8 pin adapter. You can either buy this adapter and stack them or...

You can upgrade to the newer Aston Martin module for around $115.

part 8G43-37-11078

Available for cars with factory build connectivity before the vins listed below: -

DB9: B12582
DBS: E11670
V8 Coupe: C13539
V8 Roadster: D13542
V12 Vantage: S00215

Unsure if I can post links to vendors here.

Here's a thread in pistonheads that details the installation:

http://www.pistonheads.com/gassing/t...nector+upgrade

Old 08-24-2018, 02:02 PM
seenastyle is an unknown quantity at this point
Hi all, first post here, someone ring the bell! I recently purchased a 2008 V8V, and it's a pleasure to be among all you fine folks.

I called the Galpin parts dept in Van Nuys CA to order the 8G43-37-11078 IPOD GEN 2 UPGRD KIT. They told me the part is for 2009 and up, and it's nonrefundable. Meanwhile mine's MY 2008. Has anyone tried the module in their 2008 to confirm it works before I purchase?

FWIW, my V8 coupe VIN is lower than the C13539 number Bleen mentioned above, so at least there's that. But what the parts dept said seems somewhat in conflict: they're saying it's generally for later models, Bleen's figures imply it's for generally earlier models. So maybe there's a window, with upper limit of VIN C13539 and lower limit of 2009?

I should add that I looked all over the internet for the Scosche passPORT Charging Adapter for iPod and iPhone (Black) Scosche (572) but couldn't find it anywhere. If anyone knows where that might still be sold, please let me know. I should add I'm trying to avoid a Bluetooth, FM modulator, or any other solution that's wireless aka not the Apple lightning connector handling the charging + audio.