Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

iPhone 5 and the AM Factory iPod kit

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-05-2012, 10:25 AM
Malibu101481 is on a distinguished road
iPhone 5 and the AM Factory iPod kit

Hey Guys,

I just ordered the factory kit from AM (I know, a ripoff) for my V8V.

I'd like to use my iPhone 5 in there with the adapter for now until a new cable is released by AM. Has anyone tried this yet to see if it will in fact charge and play music??

If that's not the case I'll just throw a old nano in there and update as need be.

Old 12-05-2012, 11:29 AM
JWHDB9 is on a distinguished road
My DB9 is hibernating so I can't check it out (Memory issues. Sometimes I can't recall what I had for breakfast.) but to the best of my recollection it worked just fine. I only had my iPhone 5 for a short time before the Aston went down for its long winter's nap so I hadn't checked out the whole interface but I do know that it played my music. I have the B&O sound system, but I don't think that should make a difference.

Old 12-05-2012, 12:18 PM
barryf43 is on a distinguished road
I'm using the Apple lightning adapter and it works fine. Be careful with aftermarket adapters that are now being sold. Some of them do not support audio playback, although they will charge the phone.

Old 12-05-2012, 12:38 PM
millsjq has a spectacular aura aboutmillsjq has a spectacular aura about
I have a 2009 and had was using a scosche adapter so my Iphone 4S would charge. I bought the apple lighting adapter and hoped that I would not need the Scosche adapter but I do. So I have the Aston cable to Scosche to lighting adapter and the phone charges, plays music and communicates with the car. I wonder when Aston releases a new iphone 5 compatable cable if it will do away with the need for the Scosche adapter?

Old 12-05-2012, 01:50 PM
That's great news. I just bought the Apple adapter the other day, Thanks Guys!

Old 12-05-2012, 01:52 PM
But then again, I'm not sure about the internals because your cars are all newer than mine.

Old 12-07-2012, 08:21 AM
Aston.Ca is just really niceAston.Ca is just really niceAston.Ca is just really niceAston.Ca is just really niceAston.Ca is just really nice
I have an aftermarket adapter and it works in one car I own but not the Aston. I have a second adapter that I have not yet tried however.

Old 03-21-2013, 07:06 AM
trappedatuf is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by millsjq
I have a 2009 and had was using a scosche adapter so my Iphone 4S would charge. I bought the apple lighting adapter and hoped that I would not need the Scosche adapter but I do. So I have the Aston cable to Scosche to lighting adapter and the phone charges, plays music and communicates with the car. I wonder when Aston releases a new iphone 5 compatable cable if it will do away with the need for the Scosche adapter?
I have an '09 as well and I bought the Scoshe and hooked it up to the Apple Lightning to 30-pin Adapter (actual Apple item, not knock-off), then I plug that into my iPad Mini and the stereo says "Unreadable". I assume iPad mini is just as good as an iPhone 5... so why do you guys think this isn't working?

It's so frustrating because I want to use my iPad Mini in the car. Has Aston released another adapter cable yet?

Old 03-21-2013, 09:38 AM
DoubleLow7 is a glorious beacon of lightDoubleLow7 is a glorious beacon of lightDoubleLow7 is a glorious beacon of lightDoubleLow7 is a glorious beacon of lightDoubleLow7 is a glorious beacon of lightDoubleLow7 is a glorious beacon of light
I haven't tried my iPhone 5 with my stereo since I'm using an old 3GS as my "iPod" now. I noticed when I used a 6th gen iPod Nano, it would take forever to load the menus on the stereo and would sometime freeze on scrolling (considering I have the full 16gb of music, hundreds of albums and playlists). What I really wish, is there would be some type of software update so we could stream music to our headunits.

Old 03-27-2013, 05:15 AM
Any idea guys... anyone else try and use an iPad Mini in their Aston? I returned my Apple Lightning adapter for a new one just to be sure that wasn't the issue and it still did not work for me. The iPad Mini fits nicely laying on the lower dash (right in front of the armrest) and would love to use it... just need to get it working!

Old 08-24-2013, 02:45 PM
It's been 5 months... surprised no one else has tried to use an iPad Mini in their Aston yet! Anyone know if Aston has released an Apple Lightening connector to use with their proprietary plug, or has anyone else figured out a way to make this work?

Old 08-24-2013, 02:53 PM
My 29.00 lightning adapter works fine with the kit, charges my phone and does everything it would as if it was never there.

Old 08-24-2013, 03:15 PM
millsjq has a spectacular aura aboutmillsjq has a spectacular aura about
Just use an apple adapter to lightning connector at the end of Aston iPod cable.

Old 08-24-2013, 09:49 PM
spf1410 has a spectacular aura aboutspf1410 has a spectacular aura about
Roger that, everything works perfectly with iPhone 5 in a 2010 using the ("block type") adaptor.

Last edited by spf1410; 08-25-2013 at 02:22 PM. Reason: adaptor type added
Old 08-25-2013, 01:47 PM
I bought the original Apple adapter and it didn't work! :-( There are two adapter versions... one with no cable (just a little block looking thing) and the one with the little cord on it between the two adapter ends. I have the latter.

Q1. For you guys it works for: Do you guys have a '10 Vantage or newer cars?

Q2. Do you have the same Apple adapter with the cable like I do?

Q3. Are you hooking up an iPhone 5 or iPad Mini? I want to use an iPad Mini. I would assume the same but you never know... anyone had specific luck with an iPad Mini?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: iPhone 5 and the AM Factory iPod kit