Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

DB9 missing end piece on door wood trim

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-06-2012, 11:25 AM
Jaime Huerta is on a distinguished road
DB9 missing end piece on door wood trim

Just purchased a DB9 and love it, however after the purchase I discovered that a trim piece was missing. It is located (see pic) on the top of the doors where the wood trip ends. Anybody have any idea what this part is called? I don't have a dealer anywhere near me.

Even if someone could take a picture of their door and send it to me I'd really appreciate. Maybe I can make the part myself.

Thanks in advance.
J

Attached Images  
Old 12-06-2012, 11:52 AM
yvr
yvr has much to be proud ofyvr has much to be proud ofyvr has much to be proud ofyvr has much to be proud ofyvr has much to be proud ofyvr has much to be proud ofyvr has much to be proud ofyvr has much to be proud ofyvr has much to be proud ofyvr has much to be proud of
Except for the rust, mine looks like that too (driver and passenger doors).

Old 12-06-2012, 11:58 AM
sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Jaime Huerta
Just purchased a DB9 and love it, however after the purchase I discovered that a trim piece was missing. It is located (see pic) on the top of the doors where the wood trip ends. Anybody have any idea what this part is called? I don't have a dealer anywhere near me.

Even if someone could take a picture of their door and send it to me I'd really appreciate. Maybe I can make the part myself.

Thanks in advance.
J
Looks to be a door trim cap. What's year is your DB9? From what I recall there is a leather trim piece there, I may be mistaken though as I haven't really examined that area carefully, kinda one of those areas you never look at unless something pops out at you.

Old 12-06-2012, 12:41 PM
I'm glad to see I'm not the only one without the piece (if it actually exists). I did find a piece of velcro on the driver's side-whatever that means. The year is 2005.

Thank you both.

Old 12-06-2012, 12:46 PM
sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !
It does extist I have door caps there just don't recall what they look like I'm almost certain they are a leather end cap... car's at home today in the heated garage, I'm at work or I would go outside and check for you.

Old 12-06-2012, 01:34 PM
Thanks Sunir, I appreciate it.
J

Old 12-06-2012, 01:38 PM
Okay guys one of you please snap a quick pic if you are close enough to your car so that we can have a confirmation of how the endcaps look, any description would help also. Lets help a DB9 newcomer and Aston brother Jaime out.

Old 12-06-2012, 02:55 PM
mikes300 is on a distinguished road
Yep should be a piece there, my car has them, just a leather covered board, they just Velcro in

Last edited by mikes300; 12-06-2012 at 03:01 PM.
Old 12-06-2012, 02:57 PM
mikes300 is on a distinguished road
I'm out of town but I can get you some info when I get home

Last edited by mikes300; 12-06-2012 at 03:02 PM.
Old 12-06-2012, 03:20 PM
Gentlemen, thanks for your help. There's no hurry.

J

Old 12-06-2012, 03:21 PM
XJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond repute
Fiber board trimmed with leather. Held in place with 2-sided tape or velcro.

Attached Images   
Old 12-06-2012, 03:41 PM
yvr
yvr has much to be proud ofyvr has much to be proud ofyvr has much to be proud ofyvr has much to be proud ofyvr has much to be proud ofyvr has much to be proud ofyvr has much to be proud ofyvr has much to be proud ofyvr has much to be proud ofyvr has much to be proud of
First owner must have had them fall off somewhere along the line. I've never seen these.

Damn! Now it's going to bug me.

Old 12-06-2012, 03:44 PM
^^^ my guess is that over time and door swings these things loosen up, and on the older cars thru the years of open/closing they may fall off since the are simply velcro... it would bother me too if they fell off it looks unfinished, but 99% of the time you don't notice because it's in such a place that the eye is not drawn there and most of the time the door is shut.

Old 12-06-2012, 05:04 PM
FatFrank has a spectacular aura aboutFatFrank has a spectacular aura about
My passenger side one is missing. I think I lost it when I had a small ding pinged out of the door skin (picked up before I used to double park! ) I didn't complain too much about it as the guy did a wicked good job and the ding was now never there!

Oh yeah, and now you guys are making me go down to the garage, take the cover off, and check out my other end cap as I think it's plastic not leather on my 09!

"I am just going outside and may be some time.........."

Old 12-06-2012, 05:52 PM
Gentlemen thank you again for responding to my question. I do some leather work so I think I can make it myself. It would be impossible to match the cream colored leather I have so I think I'll just go with black.

XJRS-thanks for the pics that really helps. Is your car in your living room, LOL. If not that's a very nice garage.

Just transferred here from Maserati Life after trading for the Aston. Thanks for making me feel welcomed.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: DB9 missing end piece on door wood trim