Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

DB9 headlight question

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-08-2012, 12:39 PM
hph
hph is on a distinguished road
DB9 headlight question

Hey folks.. as soon as I got my AC leak fixed I got another issue. The right low and high beam went out. I checked the fuses in the cabin and they are all ok. I tried checking the bulb but that's where my cursing started... how the hell am I suppose to get to the bulbs? The openings in the wheel well is fit for 5yr old hands. I can't wiggle anything out. Plus the metal retaining clip came off so i was having a hard time putting it back together. I sort of caught the clip on one side and just put it back like that for now. I tried taking the headlamp but no luck? Does it comes out from the back? I took out two screws holding the housing to the fender but that's where it ended. I can't push it out.. and I can't pull i back to get it from the wheel well. WTF!!! Has anyone tried popping the lights out on 911's??? It took me 10sec to pop the lights out on my 996TT but this thing is pissing me off. Anyhow sorry for ranting .. just so frustrating. I want to check it out before I take it to the dealer.. I just got the freakin car back for god sake.. now I need to take it back.. any info is appreciated.

P.S. does the low and high beam go out together usually? I suspect some wiring issue.

Old 12-08-2012, 01:25 PM
yvr
yvr has much to be proud ofyvr has much to be proud ofyvr has much to be proud ofyvr has much to be proud ofyvr has much to be proud ofyvr has much to be proud ofyvr has much to be proud ofyvr has much to be proud ofyvr has much to be proud ofyvr has much to be proud of
Haven't tried to do this yet, but just noticed this week that I have one front yellow parking/turn signal light burnt out, and it's all in the same place.

Here's a page from the workshop manual in case you don't have it.

Attached Images  
Old 12-08-2012, 09:49 PM
hph
hph is on a distinguished road
Thanks a lot yvr. I'll give it a shot.