Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Any experience with ETG ECU Tuning?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-08-2012, 05:07 PM
gircal is on a distinguished road
Any experience with ETG ECU Tuning?

I am considering an ECU tuning program for my 2012 Rapide from the above.
Has anyone here flash tuned their V12? With ETC or anyone else? Their results sound acceptable, but their cost of application is very high. Many thanks.

Old 12-08-2012, 06:07 PM
yvr
yvr has much to be proud ofyvr has much to be proud ofyvr has much to be proud ofyvr has much to be proud ofyvr has much to be proud ofyvr has much to be proud ofyvr has much to be proud ofyvr has much to be proud ofyvr has much to be proud ofyvr has much to be proud of
Old 08-13-2014, 08:32 AM
pksjc is on a distinguished road
I had my 2007 AM V8 Vantage done by Jags at ECU Tuning Group (ETG)after checking out a few options. I emailed several tuners my questions and they all responded pretty quickly, but what set Jags apart at ETG was his willingness to answer all of my questions completely and gave me his personal cell number to call with additional questions on my exhaust system.

Jags also provided references and a dyno of one of his previous customer's 2007 AM Vantage's before and after dyno runs that showed approximately 24hp and 20 ft lbs gains to the wheels. ETG posted the dyno results here:

https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...u-upgrade.html

The two dealership references had good things to say about the Aston Martins ETG tuned for them. Customers were happy with the gains and there were no issues afterwards (dash lights and stuff). I also checked various forums, not just 6speedonline, and many customers with different vehicles were happy with ETG's tuning so I pulled the trigger and had Jags tune mine.

The whole process was about 90 minutes and Jags explained each step in great detail as the process unfolded. After it was all done, Jags said the ECU would need to readapt to the new map settings - taking about 105 miles. I drove the car home and this is my first impressions.

1. The throttle response is definitely more responsive. Especially after 3500 rpms to 6000 rpms. Pulling 1st through 3rd taking it to 6K+ before shifting was very noticeable in terms of how much more "free revving" the engine felt and the car was "snappier". The best way I can describe it was my original ECU program felt "lazy" compared to the remap.

2. Without actually doing a before and after dyno of my own, it's impossible to say exactly how much of a power gain my car got. From first impressions, the car accelerates quicker now. Is it the throttle response I'm feeling or is it the HP and torque increase? Maybe both. In my car, the "seat of my pants" feeling tells me there's definitely an improvement after the ECU tune.

3. I also noticed that when shifting from 1st to 2nd and from 2nd to 3rd in heavy stop and go traffic, the low RPM clunk that the transmission periodically makes was less noticeable. As the throttle response is better, I think the engine RPMs come up faster to make the shift smoother (just my guess here).

I'll have to run the car for 105 miles to let the ECU readapt and then I'll see if the gas mileage is any different too. Jags told me the car will continue to get faster as the ECU relearns. Can't wait till I hit 105 miles to see the full effect.

Overall, a very good experience and I'm happy with the results. Jags knows his stuff, is really friendly and helpful with questions. Thanks for the good experience Jags.

Hope this was helpful to you guys.