Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

New V8 Vantage Shipped

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-14-2012, 01:40 PM
V8VANTAGE is on a distinguished road
Talking New V8 Vantage Shipped

So, my dealer informed me that the car has been shipped and should be here early January The next 4 weeks are going to be loooooonnnngggg

On another note, they also informed me that AM was not able to fulfill a couple of requested options:

1. Metal Seat Adjuster Buttons - Initially AM had said, no problem. We'll replace the plastic buttons with metal ones from the Virage. Now they say "No, can't be done".

2. Full Piano Black interior trim - Seems like they would not do it for the non-S version.

If anyone has any ideas for the above, I am all ears

Old 12-14-2012, 04:51 PM
AXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to behold
You simply won't miss them. What's the color combo? I'm envious!

Old 12-14-2012, 06:51 PM
Thanks! Not that I would lose sleep over them. But if there was a simple way, I would rather have them. But you're right. I think once I have the car, I probably wouldn't even remember

Its rosso corsa exterior with black interior and red stitching.

Old 12-14-2012, 07:35 PM
sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !
What do u mean by metal seat belt button? Nice color combo.... Have your camera ready we want pics when that baby comes!!!!

Old 12-14-2012, 08:04 PM
RossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond repute
Nice! Can't wait to see pictures! I was just picking up my Aston tonight and it always brings a smile to my face.

Sunir, You'll be happy to know I was able to show restraint and not buy the DBS. Primarily because Pieter sold it . I was talking to the new owner while waiting for them to finish my car.

Old 12-14-2012, 08:18 PM
Originally Posted by sunir
What do u mean by metal seat belt button? Nice color combo.... Have your camera ready we want pics when that baby comes!!!!
Sunir,

Its the plastic buttons you use to adjust seat height, position etc. I wanted them in metal like the Virage.

Camera is all set to go

Old 12-14-2012, 08:20 PM
Originally Posted by RossL
Nice! Can't wait to see pictures! I was just picking up my Aston tonight and it always brings a smile to my face.

Sunir, You'll be happy to know I was able to show restraint and not buy the DBS. Primarily because Pieter sold it . I was talking to the new owner while waiting for them to finish my car.
Wow...you just picked up your car tonight? I'm jealous

Pictures...???

Old 12-15-2012, 01:51 AM
jonby is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by V8VANTAGE
So, my dealer informed me that the car has been shipped and should be here early January The next 4 weeks are going to be loooooonnnngggg

On another note, they also informed me that AM was not able to fulfill a couple of requested options:

1. Metal Seat Adjuster Buttons - Initially AM had said, no problem. We'll replace the plastic buttons with metal ones from the Virage. Now they say "No, can't be done".

2. Full Piano Black interior trim - Seems like they would not do it for the non-S version.

If anyone has any ideas for the above, I am all ears
I requested silver seat buttons on my V12VR which is at the end of the line as we speak but Q, who are doing quite a few trim upgrades for me, simply said it couldn't be done

for piano black, if that's what you want, you can buy kits for door pulls/handles & top of ski slope, but I haven't seen kits for the centre stack (where the majority of the controls are) or the bit where the ashtray/gearstick (If there is one!) are

you can also buy carbon fibre kits for all those sections

look at aston parts sites or speak to vantage collection (US & UK) or look up Sarah Maynard (UK)

Old 12-15-2012, 05:46 AM
RossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by V8VANTAGE
Wow...you just picked up your car tonight? I'm jealous

Pictures...???
I picked it up from getting service. My bluetooth speaker was vibrating. The issue I have is anytime I go to the dealership I seem to walk in with 1 car and leave with another.

Old 12-15-2012, 06:29 AM
AXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to behold
Astons look great in red. The red stitching contrasting against the black leather is a nice touch too. I hope the weather holds for you when you car finally arrives in January. (I noticed you're from Chicago). I did European delivery with my Audi R8 in 2007... It took 5-6 weeks for my car to arrive after dropping it off in Amsterdam. The wait was painfully long.

Old 12-15-2012, 07:29 AM
Originally Posted by jonby
I requested silver seat buttons on my V12VR which is at the end of the line as we speak but Q, who are doing quite a few trim upgrades for me, simply said it couldn't be done

for piano black, if that's what you want, you can buy kits for door pulls/handles & top of ski slope, but I haven't seen kits for the centre stack (where the majority of the controls are) or the bit where the ashtray/gearstick (If there is one!) are

you can also buy carbon fibre kits for all those sections

look at aston parts sites or speak to vantage collection (US & UK) or look up Sarah Maynard (UK)
Yeah, same for me regarding the buttons except that initially they said yes. I believe there is a thread over at PH and Tony Hall is researching the feasibility of the metal buttons.

With the MY13, the top of the ski slope (navigation screen area) can be ordered in piano black as standard. The center stack, ash tray and door pulls are in grey. I remember talking to Nicholas over at the Vantage Collection a while back and he had mentioned that they should be able to do the full piano black thing. Time to give him a call

Congrats on the new car! What colors / options did you select?

Old 12-15-2012, 07:34 AM
Originally Posted by RossL
I picked it up from getting service. My bluetooth speaker was vibrating. The issue I have is anytime I go to the dealership I seem to walk in with 1 car and leave with another.
Hahaha...I don't see an "issue" there.

Old 12-15-2012, 07:39 AM
Originally Posted by AXARUNNER
Astons look great in red. The red stitching contrasting against the black leather is a nice touch too. I hope the weather holds for you when you car finally arrives in January. (I noticed you're from Chicago). I did European delivery with my Audi R8 in 2007... It took 5-6 weeks for my car to arrive after dropping it off in Amsterdam. The wait was painfully long.
Yeah, so far it has been a snowless winter here. Fingers crossed

I wish AM did european delivery. That would have been fun. I bet you can't wait to do it again.

Old 12-15-2012, 02:55 PM
European delivery was an adolescent dream come true... driving on the Autobahn's unlimited sections simply mind-blowing. The car was remarkably stable at speed although I was limited to "just" 150 mph because I was breaking-in the engine and couldn't exceed 5000 rpm. Sadly I had to sell the car after just 12 months of ownership due to the onset of the recession. I picked up my Aston V8 Vantage two years later. The color is "goodwood green" which is appropriate as I'm sporting good wood whilst driving it.

Old 12-15-2012, 04:01 PM
I was limited to "just" 150 mph
I'm sporting good wood whilst driving it.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: New V8 Vantage Shipped