Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Tail light condensation

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-19-2013, 10:03 AM
Malibu101481 is on a distinguished road
Uggghhhh, this just happened to my left lamp after I pressure washed the car last week.

Go figure.

Aston Martin bits wants 275 pounds for a replacement, any crafty people have any ideas?

Old 03-19-2013, 04:22 PM
ksbenz is a name known to allksbenz is a name known to allksbenz is a name known to allksbenz is a name known to allksbenz is a name known to allksbenz is a name known to all
Seems normal on these cars. My friends V8V has it and the Virage Volante I had recently also had it.

Old 04-19-2013, 05:43 PM
JScarrow is on a distinguished road
Anyone have their system cluster report lamp failed associated with this dampness. My is failing and I think it's related to the moisture. I mean they are LED they should not go bad this easy.

Old 04-20-2013, 10:55 AM
scottblack has a spectacular aura aboutscottblack has a spectacular aura aboutscottblack has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by Malibu101481
Uggghhhh, this just happened to my left lamp after I pressure washed the car last week.

Go figure.

Aston Martin bits wants 275 pounds for a replacement, any crafty people have any ideas?
I may have the original red pair from my 2007 V8V in the garage. They were mint when I put them away. If so, I'll let them go very reasonably.

Old 04-21-2013, 10:01 AM
DoctorWill is on a distinguished road
It seems to happen with mine as well every time I wash my car.

Old 03-05-2015, 04:35 PM
Townshend is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by DoctorWill
It seems to happen with mine as well every time I wash my car.
Does it eventually clear up?

Old 03-05-2015, 04:44 PM
DoctorWill is on a distinguished road
Most of the time it cleared up by next day. Sometimes takes a few days!

Originally Posted by Townshend
Does it eventually clear up?

Old 03-05-2015, 05:56 PM
goto35 will become famous soon enoughgoto35 will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by Breezman
The dealer just called me and they are installing 2 brand new tail lights.
Now lets tell them i am interested in your old tail lights.

Old 03-05-2015, 10:17 PM
Bleen is a glorious beacon of lightBleen is a glorious beacon of lightBleen is a glorious beacon of lightBleen is a glorious beacon of lightBleen is a glorious beacon of lightBleen is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by Malibu101481

Go figure.

That's what I paid for a clear from them. They get you with the shipping though.

Still, it's a pretty good price.

Old 03-07-2015, 02:19 PM
Breezman will become famous soon enoughBreezman will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by jateshk
Now lets tell them i am interested in your old tail lights.
LOL- you are two years late

Old 03-07-2015, 08:28 PM
goto35 will become famous soon enoughgoto35 will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by Breezman
LOL- you are two years late
Haha. I know.

Old 01-20-2016, 12:45 PM
knickc is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by irish07
if it's under warranty, get it fixed before it's up..if off warranty, for a aston it's normal..hehe well not in the fact that this is ok and normal to happen..just saying I can't count how many I've seen..

There is a fix, it requires drilling a hole in the bottom of the light assembly near the back, blow out water with air..not to much air and don't make hole air tight with air nozzle otherwise lens will explode from to much air pressure build-up. Where the water leaks out is where the lens in not sealing...cover that area with 5min mix epoxy and let dry..done deal, light is not water tight..

If left for a long duration with water, you will need a new light assembly for the LED circuit board will corrode and fault
So where do you drill the hole? Do you remove the assembly, then drill hole in the back per your suggestion, seems the only way to really do it right. Haven't looked yet to see how hard it is to access the back of the assembly.

Old 01-20-2016, 10:38 PM
007JB has a spectacular aura about007JB has a spectacular aura about007JB has a spectacular aura about
I had mine replaced 3 months ago under warranty. Both had condensation, clear lights.

Old 01-21-2016, 10:23 AM
RolexDaytona1 has a spectacular aura aboutRolexDaytona1 has a spectacular aura aboutRolexDaytona1 has a spectacular aura about
Luckily my V8V isnt having the fogging tail light issue, but I have had it on other cars. My NSX was remedied by drilling a 1/8" hole on the back side down low in the corner... so you couldn't see the hole from the outside when installed, and its not in a spot where car washing will let water in.

Trick was I left the hole open... so if water did get in.. It evaporated in less than a day. And never actually fogged up. If there is a 'crack' in the enclosure.. water can get in, but then takes forever to get out.. The open hole let it evaporate easily and fast. I do live in a hot area which helps.

Just 2cts for a free solution. Perfectly sealing a cracked enclosure may be more work than its worth if you are out of warranty.

Old 07-30-2016, 05:34 PM
adnanm3 can only hope to improve
I hate to revive an old thread...but I just noticed my LH tail with condensation earlier this week. The LEDs all stopped working. I removed the tail and drilled 2 holes to dry all of the air out but unfortunately the damage has been done to the LEDs themself..and the lights are no longer working.

Does anyone have any idea if there is a way to revive? Or am I stuck buying a new tail?
If so, does anyone have a LH tail for sale? Stock red color. I don't mind if there is condensation as long as the LED itself works. I need working lights! Thanks

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Tail light condensation