Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-15-2013, 11:15 AM
Former Vendor
TAGMotorsports will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by HRE_Mickey
I'll just leave these here...........

Yeah.... That happened.

I just cant get enough of Jon's car... Every time he comes in we just fall in love all over again... Less is def more

Attached Images  
Old 01-18-2013, 01:03 PM
Breezman will become famous soon enoughBreezman will become famous soon enough
Old 01-18-2013, 01:09 PM
mikes300 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Breezman
of those D2, I like the HRE finishes better personally
this is my DB9 with HRE P40's, brushed tinted clear, finish
https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...rings-put.html

Old 01-18-2013, 03:23 PM
IbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by One@D2Forged
We can make MB1's in an abundance of finishes, here's an example done recently

mmmmmmm

Matte - y
Them's the ones.

Old 01-18-2013, 05:43 PM
Banned
Rotes is a splendid one to beholdRotes is a splendid one to beholdRotes is a splendid one to beholdRotes is a splendid one to beholdRotes is a splendid one to beholdRotes is a splendid one to beholdRotes is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by elude
ooh, I love seeing pictures of my car. But yes, they are 20" HRE P40SC in a Brushed Tinted Finish.

+1

Anyhow, I would advise that you strongly reconsider your choices to something of higher quality and craftsmanship than something like Konig Wheels or the others you originally posted. Unless you are some type of NFL player or Rap star that doesn't understand that the hand craftsmanship of Aston Martin should be matched with a high quality manufacture like HRE and a few other wheel brands.

I also have a vendor locally in SoCal who is great to work with and can provide options with high quality brands as HRE, ADV1, etc. PM me for their info.

Good luck with your wheel choice, cause I believe that it will "make" or "break" the image of your car, especially when the V8VS is beautiful right out of the box.
mother of all things heavenly that is some sweet goodness right there!

I am a big fan of the brush tint clear too, have a set on my TT, a set on the way for my 550, and planning on shipping the set on my CLS back to HRE to be refinished in CBT......it's a very nice finish, and wow, did I mention you guys have awesome cars?????

Attached Images   
Old 01-18-2013, 05:45 PM
Banned
Rotes is a splendid one to beholdRotes is a splendid one to beholdRotes is a splendid one to beholdRotes is a splendid one to beholdRotes is a splendid one to beholdRotes is a splendid one to beholdRotes is a splendid one to behold
game over!

Attached Images  
Old 01-18-2013, 07:04 PM
Breezman will become famous soon enoughBreezman will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by IbisRider
mmmmmmm

Matte - y
Them's the ones.
Can you say it again?- lol

Old 01-19-2013, 12:22 PM
b_gust99 will become famous soon enough
Ah crap, now I sound like a snob. The Art Center reference was actually meant to be self depricating.

I only claim to be an expert at having my own, rather boisterous opinions. But if you you'd really like to chat about things wheels/Aston/car design, I'd love to. I'll PM you.

The trick with aftermarket wheels is to find those that don't look "aftermarket". I know this is difficult because there are so many examples of failure and so few that look great. The wheels on my '08 were a huge part of my selection criteria. They are a factory option, just metalic gray powdercoat on the factory wheels. But that gray just seals the deal. The car still looks clean and refined while the subtle wheels let the red callipers pop without drawing too much attention to the rims.

On a black car, you have a few options:
All black, "murdered out" as the kidz say, either gloss or satin. If your brakes are red, this could look cool but it's a bit goofy in my opinion.

Satin finish on gray. Like the wheels in the pic I pasted in, that gray will keep the wheels from overwhelming the look while still providing some brightness and visual interest.

Satin finish on alloy (raw alluminum color). Here you can get away with a slimmer visual mass, like slim multi spoke or slim, minimal mesh. Too slim and you run into the weirdness of too-hollow wheels. Some people like this look, I find it unappealing. You just see too much undercarriage, too much wheel well.

My personal taste is to avoid, in most cases, any wheel with multiple finishes (e.g. black paint and machined alloy). There are exceptions like the wheels on my '11 GTI. I think these work because the machined area is so large that it provides enough mass to support the car (the black is meant to fall away and be invisible so that the tire looks like it's only supported by the visible, machined shape).
http://www.seriouswheels.com/pics-20...-1920x1440.jpg

But those ^^^ wheels would look HORRIBLE on an Aston (I'm pretty confident you already knew that).

So if you are looking at a wheel with exposed alloy and black paint, imagine that the black paint is invisible. Does the alloy mass look substantial enough to visually support the car?

Hope this hell
I'm curious as to your thoughts on the v12 carbon vantage wheels? I think the black painted wheel complements the black touches of the carbon side strakes, carbon hood vents, and and matte exhaust very well. I may be biased though

Old 03-13-2013, 02:27 PM
Former Vendor
One@D2Forged has much to be proud ofOne@D2Forged has much to be proud ofOne@D2Forged has much to be proud ofOne@D2Forged has much to be proud ofOne@D2Forged has much to be proud ofOne@D2Forged has much to be proud ofOne@D2Forged has much to be proud ofOne@D2Forged has much to be proud ofOne@D2Forged has much to be proud ofOne@D2Forged has much to be proud of
mmmmmmm

Matte - y
Them's the ones.
Gotta appreciate a fan! If you need wheels anytime, I'm here for you.

Old 03-13-2013, 02:33 PM
IbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant future
Gotta appreciate a fan! If you need wheels anytime, I'm here for you.
Sadly, I'm very much in love with the OEM wheels on my Vantage and I don't treat my GTI gently enought to justify nice wheels.

But in the (rather likely) event that I ruin my wheels, you're on!

Old 03-13-2013, 02:37 PM
Former Vendor
One@D2Forged has much to be proud ofOne@D2Forged has much to be proud ofOne@D2Forged has much to be proud ofOne@D2Forged has much to be proud ofOne@D2Forged has much to be proud ofOne@D2Forged has much to be proud ofOne@D2Forged has much to be proud ofOne@D2Forged has much to be proud ofOne@D2Forged has much to be proud ofOne@D2Forged has much to be proud of
Gotta respect that! GTI? Golf?

Old 03-13-2013, 08:10 PM
Gotta respect that! GTI? Golf?
Yeah, 2011 VW GTI 4 door, 2.0T w/ stage 1 ECU tune from APR. Couldn't be much different from an Aston but I love them both.

Old 03-13-2013, 09:25 PM
DoubleLow7 is a glorious beacon of lightDoubleLow7 is a glorious beacon of lightDoubleLow7 is a glorious beacon of lightDoubleLow7 is a glorious beacon of lightDoubleLow7 is a glorious beacon of lightDoubleLow7 is a glorious beacon of light
Yeah, 2011 VW GTI 4 door, 2.0T w/ stage 1 ECU tune from APR. Couldn't be much different from an Aston but I love them both.
Wow, I guess I'm not the only Aston/GTI owner, lol.

Old 03-14-2013, 06:16 AM
Former Vendor
Yeah guys, that's why I was asking! Gotten another earlier this year, same thing. Crazy! Would love to see a set of wheels on both Aston and VW matched tho. But funny still how this is not just a coincidence. Great car that GTI, nice tuning and upgrade options on that. IbisRider, what numbers does it crunch?

Old 03-14-2013, 07:58 AM
Numbers? I have no idea.
It spins the front wheels if I'm to eager at a stop light.
I can pass driving-while-txting clowns in a heart beat.
When I punch it, it goes.
And I suspect that in some performance range, it's quicker than my Vantage.

'nuf for me.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Wheels opinion