Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Wheels opinion

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-14-2013, 08:18 AM
Former Vendor
One@D2Forged has much to be proud ofOne@D2Forged has much to be proud ofOne@D2Forged has much to be proud ofOne@D2Forged has much to be proud ofOne@D2Forged has much to be proud ofOne@D2Forged has much to be proud ofOne@D2Forged has much to be proud ofOne@D2Forged has much to be proud ofOne@D2Forged has much to be proud ofOne@D2Forged has much to be proud of
Well said. Those can go, that's for sure!

Old 03-15-2013, 12:18 AM
DoubleLow7 is a glorious beacon of lightDoubleLow7 is a glorious beacon of lightDoubleLow7 is a glorious beacon of lightDoubleLow7 is a glorious beacon of lightDoubleLow7 is a glorious beacon of lightDoubleLow7 is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by adsl3897
Your car is stunning and the wheels are perfect! I was going to get the V12 Vantage wheels for my 07 Vantage until the dealer tried them on today and the rear doesnt fit and rubs against the suspension...annoying...anyway I was turned off the idea of getting 20's as the ride is already slightly firmer with my H&R Springs and I was worried getting 20's would make it real bad.

What are you thoughts on the ride of 20's vs 19's?

I assume you needed no spaces and car doesnt rub either?

And what springs/suspension are you running?

Sorry for all the questions and for hijacking this thread a bit....
I didn't notice that much of a difference between my OEM 19" and the 20" HRE's. I'm sure the major component is the selection of tires as up-sizing the rims will result in a thinner profile tire. The Nitto INVO's I'm running have been relatively quiet and smooth, and I have no complaints with them.

The specs on the HRE's are perfect, resulting in no rubbing or spacers needed. I've been big on aftermarket rims on all my past cars and spent lots of time learning offsets and true proper fitment. The biggest help came from a fellow 6spd'r (Korn58) who helped me find the best offsets as seen.

I'm currently on H&R springs with my OEM V8VS dampers which are stiffer than the standard suspension. I feel the stiffer setup versus my OEM V8VS springs (which are for sale btw ) but am used to the ride based off my prior cars (Lotus, Z4M, S2000's, etc.)

Thanks for the compliments on my car and here's another picture to enjoy..!

Attached Images  
Old 03-15-2013, 11:20 AM
sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !
Wow the Vantage body really lends iteself well to lowering and mesh style 20"wheels...very impressive

I think what would look great on Vantage is not neccassarily the same as what may look good on DB. with shorter wheel base the Mesh style fits & looks aggreive and more sports car like and just works....I think on a longer chassis like DB, Vanq, Virage, Rapide....a split spoke with a deep concave which says GT car or sports cruiser may work well.

Old 03-17-2013, 03:58 PM
Former Vendor
One@D2Forged has much to be proud ofOne@D2Forged has much to be proud ofOne@D2Forged has much to be proud ofOne@D2Forged has much to be proud ofOne@D2Forged has much to be proud ofOne@D2Forged has much to be proud ofOne@D2Forged has much to be proud ofOne@D2Forged has much to be proud ofOne@D2Forged has much to be proud ofOne@D2Forged has much to be proud of
Sunir completely agree with you. Split five spokes would work great on it.