Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Vantage Seatbelt Strap

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-14-2013, 01:04 PM
kba
kba is infamous around these parts
dicktahoe - Thanks for the tip

I ordered my magnets earlier today & also bought Amazon Prime along with it - so these were some expensive magnets haha

Old 05-24-2016, 06:41 PM
Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !
Resurrecting an oldie but a goodie:
anyone have a link that works for these, as that old Amazon link is no longer live.
Love to find a real solution to these weak magnets.
CATTMAN

Old 05-24-2016, 07:23 PM
wem
wem is a jewel in the roughwem is a jewel in the roughwem is a jewel in the rough
Cattman,

Here is a description of the magnets I used. Remember to get nickel plated ones with a hole in the middle.

Neodymium Magnets 1/2 x 1/4 x 1/8 inch Ring N48

Old 05-24-2016, 09:51 PM
shootermcgav1n has a spectacular aura aboutshootermcgav1n has a spectacular aura about
I had just noticed that mine (which was the button type apparently on the 07s) lost part of the button on the seat part. This would be a great and simple solution however it's been difficult finding the right, small size one of these magnets. Above description did not yield any results on Amazon, closest I got was a 10mm x 3mm on Ebay, countersunk as well. Most are from China but there are a few US sellers, just bought a 10pc.

Last edited by shootermcgav1n; 05-24-2016 at 10:07 PM.
Old 05-25-2016, 10:20 AM
Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !
I found these, I'll let you know if they work. They're the same outer diameter (1/2 inch) and same inner hole diameter (1/8 inch) yet are nice and thin at just 1/8 inch thick.
CATTMAN

Old 06-03-2019, 05:08 PM
Pieter H Botha is infamous around these parts
This information is gold, thanks guys!

Old 10-31-2019, 01:57 PM
Dinomd is infamous around these parts
I even have some of these and they are the perfect size. I tried placing just one on the strap and I'll see if it holds better before gluing another to the seat side. Thanks for a great idea, Why didn't I think of such an easy solution??? DUH!

Old 11-02-2019, 01:29 PM
Dinomd is infamous around these parts
One magnet on each strap doesn't do the job so I just used the superglue on the seat side magnet and put one on the strap. You do have to make sure you have the correct polarity before gluing. This should hold them

. Those little magnets are really strong. I pinched a finger between two of them, ouch.

Old 11-02-2019, 02:03 PM
Prefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud of
I think my 2015 V8 GT and my 2015 V12S had those straps (from what I remember) never did hold, but my 2017 V12S does not have them - seems eventually maybe Aston did not see a need for them?

Old 01-21-2020, 08:28 AM
robkat is infamous around these parts
Maybe just me, but I have an 09 Vantage convertible and the seat belt strap is on my neck, not across my upper body. This tends to pull into my neck, so I can assume the strap on the seats is to hold the seat belt more "in place" for a better fit overall. I'm only 6ft tall, so I cant imagine it's a fitting issue, but those magnets suck and never stay. I'm adding this to my mods for sure!