Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Johnny 550 is Coming!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-20-2013, 06:15 PM
phun-ky is on a distinguished road
Any progress on the monster? Is it alive?!

Old 11-21-2013, 06:39 AM
mikey k is a name known to allmikey k is a name known to allmikey k is a name known to allmikey k is a name known to allmikey k is a name known to allmikey k is a name known to all
Had a text this morning to say the engine is nearly ready to go in!

Old 11-21-2013, 07:07 AM
Vergis has a spectacular aura aboutVergis has a spectacular aura aboutVergis has a spectacular aura about
Subscribed !

Old 11-22-2013, 01:39 PM
DeskJob1 is on a distinguished road
My oh my.
Subscribed!

Old 11-27-2013, 12:02 PM
mikey k is a name known to allmikey k is a name known to allmikey k is a name known to allmikey k is a name known to allmikey k is a name known to allmikey k is a name known to all
Johnny's new heart is ready for going in!

Bamford Rose are going to run it up with the "stock" intake and exhaust so we know what the 5.0 GT4 engine on it's own will put out

Then comes the twin throttle intake, ceramic coated headers and 200 cell cats

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	11084850834_60ab3ba124_o.jpg
Views:	48
Size:	110.1 KB
ID:	306198   Click image for larger version

Name:	11084850834_60ab3ba124_o.jpg
Views:	681
Size:	110.1 KB
ID:	306199  
Old 11-27-2013, 03:27 PM
Basic Sponsor
Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by mikey k
Johnny's new heart is ready for going in!

Bamford Rose are going to run it up with the "stock" intake and exhaust so we know what the 5.0 GT4 engine on it's own will put out

Then comes the twin throttle intake, ceramic coated headers and 200 cell cats
Looks like a real Monster Mikey!!! Good thing it says Aston on the top or people might think it was a Mustang lump!!!

206 Maple Avenue
Oliver, BC
Canada V2A 4W6
Office: (1)250-485-5126
www.velocityap.com
Old 11-28-2013, 01:40 AM
Good point Stuart

Old 12-11-2013, 10:10 AM
Bamford Rose fired up the 5.0 GT4 engine in Johnny 550 and started the durability testing
It is currently set up with the standard clutch and exhaust so they can get a direct comparison to the 4.7 GT4 package.
Once it passes durability testing on with the ceramic headers, cats and twin throttle intake!

Old 12-11-2013, 11:12 AM
Basic Sponsor
Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by mikey k
Bamford Rose fired up the 5.0 GT4 engine in Johnny 550 and started the durability testing
It is currently set up with the standard clutch and exhaust so they can get a direct comparison to the 4.7 GT4 package.
Once it passes durability testing on with the ceramic headers, cats and twin throttle intake!
How does it sound? I can hear some subtle differences between the 4.3 & 4.7 when heard back to back. I'm curious how much different a 5.0 sounds from a 4.3 for example?

Amazing project mikey, I can't wait to see it come to fruition.

206 Maple Avenue
Oliver, BC
Canada V2A 4W6
www.velocityap.com
Old 12-11-2013, 12:04 PM
Not heard it yet
I'm holding off going over as it is currently in "test mule" mode and has the std intake and and exhaust on
Tempting though!
When finished it will have twin throttle manifold with mods to filters and hoses
BR ceramic manifolds with decat, 100 cell centre cats resonator to "tune" the sound
Should be a real monster!
Looking forward to tearing up the Alps in the Summer

Old 12-11-2013, 02:12 PM
karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !
Mikey, when all said and done how will your beast compare to a V12V both performance and price-wise? IOW, would one be better off selling their V8V and buying a used V12V instead?

Old 12-11-2013, 03:14 PM
Karl I thought about that early on and spoke to several dealers
I would only ever consider a roadster and the cost to change was £100k for a less powerful car with a gearbox I couldn't get on with in light weight seats
For a fraction of that I get the power of the new Vanquish in a roadster with light weight seats and ASM2/3 gearbox
As a keeper to me it was obvious

Old 12-13-2013, 03:12 AM
Mikes done over 100 miles in it averaging 30.2 mpg
Apparently pulls like a train to the redline and still wants to go on, so it looks like the redline is going up
Compression test and borescope now, then a bit more running in followed by a dyno to benchmark the 4.7 to 5.0 GT4 difference.
Then ALL the other goodies go on!

Old 12-13-2013, 09:34 AM
Basic Sponsor
You must have some serious butterflies!!!

206 Maple Avenue
Oliver, BC
Canada V2A 4W6
www.velocityap.com
Old 12-14-2013, 08:31 AM
Had a good chat with Mike this morning.
Johnny passed the compression test and borescope no problems, he's sounding pretty loud even with the standard exhaust.
Mikes "butt" dyno and air flow measurements are ahead of expectations so the dyno to compare 4.7 to 5.0 GT4 engine with standard breathing (intake & exhaust) and stock clutch will be interesting. That should be done next week.
Then its time to put on the twin throttle intake, ceramic coated pinnacle exhaust system, lightened clutch package, reinstate the gearbox oil cooler and the uprated drive shafts.
So early in the new year it will be time for me to drive it for the first time!
Mike suspects Johnny will take the lap record for BR cars round the Gaydon Loop!
I understand Woolders has already experienced the passenger seat without realising what he was in

Attached Images  

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Johnny 550 is Coming!