Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Johnny 550 is Coming!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-24-2013, 11:38 AM
mikey k is a name known to allmikey k is a name known to allmikey k is a name known to allmikey k is a name known to allmikey k is a name known to allmikey k is a name known to all
Johnny 550 is Coming!

Looks like Johnny 550's starting to come together already!

Shiny new 5.0L block with new liners and machined block to head face / surface

IMG_5515 by mikey k V8VR, on Flickr

Lovely prep on the liners

IMG_9151 by mikey k V8VR, on Flickr

IMG_0078 by mikey k V8VR, on Flickr

Custom head gasket is here as well!

IMG_6724 by mikey k V8VR, on Flickr

Looking forward to this now!

Attached Images      
Old 01-24-2013, 12:04 PM
Pavel will become famous soon enough
Very nice. Where did you source the sleeves and headgaskets? What bore/stroke will this motor be?

Full build details?

Old 01-24-2013, 12:36 PM
karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !
Hey Mikey, I was wondering since you first started talking about your project: Is BR going to make a custom plenum cover that says "5.0 V8" on it?

Old 01-24-2013, 03:09 PM
mikey k is a name known to allmikey k is a name known to allmikey k is a name known to allmikey k is a name known to allmikey k is a name known to allmikey k is a name known to all
Pavel - BR have had the liners and head gaskets custom made not sure by who. I wiil check on bore vs stroke for you

Karl - a very new intake/plenum it will be a twin throttle one! Not decided on how to badge it yet

Old 01-24-2013, 03:59 PM
IbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant future
I hear that Aston Martin are looking for new engines. Maybe you should make a few extras and tell Bez to come have a look. Least that way they'd still be Aston engines.

Old 01-24-2013, 09:53 PM
007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of
Those cylinder walls look almost dangerously thin ... Heat isn't going to be an issue between cylinders?

Old 01-25-2013, 01:53 AM
Ibis - the guys doing this used to work for the Dr can't see him welcoming them back when their V8 has more power than the factory V12
007 - the Bamford Rose guys are VERY experienced with this engine,it is design to run at high revs for endurance races so I am confident it will be OK.
Besides they will be testing and running mine in on a bench dyno, we will then test the car round Millbrook where I sign it off if I am happy, if not it gets reworked. Once I sign it off it is warrantied to end of 2014 with unlimited mileage

Old 01-25-2013, 09:11 AM
scottblack has a spectacular aura aboutscottblack has a spectacular aura aboutscottblack has a spectacular aura about
Wow, what a beautiful work of art! It is a shame that you won't see it once the engine is installed. Will it be more focused on HP or torque? Just curious.

Old 01-25-2013, 10:27 AM
Speedraser has much to be proud ofSpeedraser has much to be proud ofSpeedraser has much to be proud ofSpeedraser has much to be proud ofSpeedraser has much to be proud ofSpeedraser has much to be proud ofSpeedraser has much to be proud ofSpeedraser has much to be proud of
Mikey,

Sounds like it'll be extraordinary. Even the sign-off process sounds fun!

Old 10-08-2013, 06:56 AM
Well I know this has been a bit quiet for a few months
BUT the engine is now nearly done and will be going in the car in a couple of weeks
Really looking forward to this!
I've had to really stop myself buying a V12 Roadster but this will be so worth it!

Old 10-08-2013, 09:07 AM
Basic Sponsor
Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by mikey k
Well I know this has been a bit quiet for a few months
BUT the engine is now nearly done and will be going in the car in a couple of weeks
Really looking forward to this!
I've had to really stop myself buying a V12 Roadster but this will be so worth it!
Keep the updates coming. Sounds and looks like it is going to be a phenomenal build!

206 Maple Avenue
Oliver, BC
Canada V2A 4W6
Office: (1)250-485-5126
www.velocityap.com
Old 10-08-2013, 09:58 AM
Banned
R_Rated is just really niceR_Rated is just really niceR_Rated is just really niceR_Rated is just really niceR_Rated is just really nice
Looks like a nice Jag engine

Old 10-08-2013, 07:20 PM
DonBond is a jewel in the roughDonBond is a jewel in the roughDonBond is a jewel in the rough
big whoop........it's just an 8 cyl......... just sayin' Johnny

Old 10-09-2013, 05:32 AM
Yep jag and ford did something right
It will have pretty much the same power as the new Vanquish and Vantage V12S

Old 10-09-2013, 05:56 AM
Racer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by DonBond
big whoop........it's just an 8 cyl......... just sayin' Johnny
On the last episode of "Real Time with Bill Maher," Bill said that when someone ends an internet comment with "just sayin' " they're almost always making a dickish comment. Guess Bill was right!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Johnny 550 is Coming!