Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

My Search for the right Vantage! Purchase in Spring/Fall.

Old 01-31-2013, 11:46 AM
CobaltC4S is on a distinguished road
My Search for the right Vantage! Purchase in Spring/Fall.

Hi Guys,

I've been browsing the U.S market often, and the Canadian market occasionally and cannot seem to find any white V8V’s anywhere with respect to my search criteria. I’m looking for a 2007 – 2008 white V8V with lower mileage, preferably a black interior & with thick white stitching. I have to factor all my expenses in regards to the import process as well if I choose the U.S route. That is why I’m FUNDamentally looking for the best price/car out there.

If anyone has one or knows of one, please let me know. I plan on selling my current vehicle, and purchasing a Vantage in the spring/summer depending on a month long Romania trip that I’m working around and more so depending on my search for the right car.

My second/third options are a Vertigo Blue with black interior or a black on black.

Also, if anyone is thinking of trading in a car that matches these characteristics, please let me know before and we might be able to work something out. I have bought 2 previous cars from the U.S and I’m well aware of the process and logistics behind it. I actually love making a little trip out of it...best way to get to know the car off the bat!

I’m going to be 27 years old on the 13th a Feb and I’ve always been a car guy growing up. I started off with a 91 accord, slowly moved up to a 03 Carrera 4S. I’ve researched all my options in my price range and I am lusting the Vantage. I’m fully content with performance numbers and all that... I see way past that actually as I personally think the Vantage is a extreme delight to own and drive.

Budget wise, I would love to purchase a car for the 55K price that I've seen 2 owners buy at, that would be beyond amazing to me but I'm willing to go up a bit more for the right car.

Thanks for your time, Very good forum! And hopefully I can be a owner soon.

Alin

Old 01-31-2013, 01:25 PM
AXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to behold
Hang in there... you'll find the right car at that price when your time comes. Don't be scared of well maintained higher mileage cars as they have been ferreted out (case-in-point... my '07 vantage with 20K miles on it). Be aware though that servicing the car can be expensive.

Old 01-31-2013, 02:38 PM
Originally Posted by AXARUNNER
Hang in there... you'll find the right car at that price when your time comes. Don't be scared of well maintained higher mileage cars as they have been ferreted out (case-in-point... my '07 vantage with 20K miles on it). Be aware though that servicing the car can be expensive.
Thank you for the positive words. I do not consider 20K miles to be high. So we're on the same page there...

I understand the expenses in regards to service as well. I am pretty picky on that note, and I never cheap out on any expense. If my car feels good, I feel good and as the saying goes, you gotta pay to play!

Old 02-01-2013, 02:34 AM
Grant3 is just really niceGrant3 is just really niceGrant3 is just really niceGrant3 is just really nice
The Vantage looks great in white, but this colour only really became popular recently, so you won't find many at the age you are looking at as Stratus and Morning Frost were only introduced for the 08MY and most would be 09-010my+.

If you are coming out of a C4S I would also recommend stretching your budget to an 09MY car with the 4.7 litre engine (plus lots of other upgrades well worth the extra stretch from an 08 car) maybe with the Sportpack if you are a press on driver.

I know I'm biased, but it is well worth buying the Definitive guide to Gaydon Aston's if you are looking to buy as it will have all the information you need to make an informed decision, including when various colours became available... Best of luck.

Old 02-01-2013, 06:15 AM
Originally Posted by Grant3
The Vantage looks great in white, but this colour only really became popular recently, so you won't find many at the age you are looking at as Stratus and Morning Frost were only introduced for the 08MY and most would be 09-010my+.

If you are coming out of a C4S I would also recommend stretching your budget to an 09MY car with the 4.7 litre engine (plus lots of other upgrades well worth the extra stretch from an 08 car) maybe with the Sportpack if you are a press on driver.

I know I'm biased, but it is well worth buying the Definitive guide to Gaydon Aston's if you are looking to buy as it will have all the information you need to make an informed decision, including when various colours became available... Best of luck.
White is my first choice (any white), but that would explain the shortage in the 07-08's that I've been searching.

Unfortunately, I don't think I can stretch my budget for a 09. I understand the added features associated with the 09's, mainly the upgraded engine, but once all is said and done meaning after registration and all the tax's, it would be too much for me.

Keep in mind I'm buying the car all cash.... meaning wire transfer (U.S purchase) or draft cheque if it's in Canada.

Old 02-01-2013, 12:24 PM
AstroAston is on a distinguished road
Might be tough to find it in white... took me a long time to find my white 08.. but hang in there and one may come on the market! I think you could find a few good 07's from private sellers in the 60-63k range..

Old 02-02-2013, 09:19 PM
Originally Posted by AstroAston
Might be tough to find it in white... took me a long time to find my white 08.. but hang in there and one may come on the market! I think you could find a few good 07's from private sellers in the 60-63k range..
Ideally a private sale would be best in my situation.

Forgot to mention 6spd manuual is a must.

Well, the search is on... Hopefully a white one will pop up somwhere.

Old 02-04-2013, 05:31 AM
drcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond repute
Here's one that just came up locally to me (Wash DC area) as a For Sale by Owner on Craigslist that I've not seen offered before:

http://washingtondc.craigslist.org/n...591217387.html

Old 02-04-2013, 03:17 PM
Originally Posted by drcollie
Here's one that just came up locally to me (Wash DC area) as a For Sale by Owner on Craigslist that I've not seen offered before:

http://washingtondc.craigslist.org/n...591217387.html
Price is too high for my budget (negotiating considered). I'm not really feeling the color either. I appreciate the link though!

Cheers,

Alin

Old 02-04-2013, 04:17 PM
drcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond repute
I happen to really like that color, but of course the seller took shots with a crappy cell phone. Here's what it REALLY looks like, very unique:

Attached Images  
Old 02-04-2013, 05:30 PM
Banned
Rotes is a splendid one to beholdRotes is a splendid one to beholdRotes is a splendid one to beholdRotes is a splendid one to beholdRotes is a splendid one to beholdRotes is a splendid one to beholdRotes is a splendid one to behold
Thumbs up

awesome pic drcollie, saved it....

good luck on the search OP, hope to get there myself someday maybe

Old 02-04-2013, 05:41 PM
yvr
yvr has much to be proud ofyvr has much to be proud ofyvr has much to be proud ofyvr has much to be proud ofyvr has much to be proud ofyvr has much to be proud ofyvr has much to be proud ofyvr has much to be proud ofyvr has much to be proud ofyvr has much to be proud of
OP, there's a well-priced white one right here: https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...powerpack.html

Old 02-04-2013, 07:55 PM
[QUOTE=drcollie;3760805]I happen to really like that color, but of course the seller took shots with a crappy cell phone. Here's what it REALLY looks like, very unique:

It is very unique indeed, and it suits the Aston brand very well. I'm just looking for the modern punch and I think that color is very laid back in terms of appeal.

Old 02-04-2013, 08:02 PM
Originally Posted by yvr
OP, there's a well-priced white one right here: https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...powerpack.html

That's a fantastic package and very low mileage. The price is a little high for me though. Also, I'm looking for a car with zero history of any sort of incident, even minor.

Jeez I sound like a picky old rich lady or something.... But I just feel like at this price point, I should get exactly what I'm looking for.

I have a question for V8V owners about oil consumption. I've read of a fewV8's having excessive oil consumption issues, and there is no real way of checking this except asking the owners themselves?... a PPI will not cover this. This is one of my only worries.

Last edited by CobaltC4S; 02-05-2013 at 07:04 AM.
Old 02-04-2013, 10:07 PM
I don't think you are going to find what you want for $ 55K, or even $ 60K. The market is not yet there. I just bought my super-pristine 2007 with 4,800 miles on it 90 days ago for $ 72K - and I shopped them pretty hard. Of course mine has never been so much as in the rain and had a pampered life from the 1st owner (even if he didn't know how to drive a stick!) and that was worth a premium to me. Most the cars in $ 55K to $ 60K land have some flaws or higher miles, etc. Good luck!

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: My Search for the right Vantage! Purchase in Spring/Fall.