Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

My Search for the right Vantage! Purchase in Spring/Fall.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-05-2013, 09:51 AM
CobaltC4S is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by drcollie
I don't think you are going to find what you want for $ 55K, or even $ 60K. The market is not yet there. I just bought my super-pristine 2007 with 4,800 miles on it 90 days ago for $ 72K - and I shopped them pretty hard. Of course mine has never been so much as in the rain and had a pampered life from the 1st owner (even if he didn't know how to drive a stick!) and that was worth a premium to me. Most the cars in $ 55K to $ 60K land have some flaws or higher miles, etc. Good luck!
I agree with your point, but at the same time I believe in the possibility of a good deal. 55K is a little far fetched, but it's still possible. I personally think I could find a car around 67K and negotiate to around 61-62K (private seller) with the features I want.

Also, I've noticed that a lot of 2006-2008 V8V owners are upgrading around this time by way of trade-ins. Dealers tend to really low-ball, and I'm willing to pay more than the dealers unreasonable offers thus still making it a good deal for me, and a better deal for the PO.

For example, in about 3 months I'll be selling my car and I will take any reasonable offer and I'll consider giving a very good deal to the right buyer. It's the way of life and I'm sure you know all about it with your furniture biz.

I'll do my best searching for now, and I appreciate the links people send my way! If for any reason I cannot find what I'm looking for, I'll flip a home with the funds instead & keep my C4S for another season.

Thanks,

Alin

Old 02-05-2013, 03:57 PM
CJPatel has a spectacular aura aboutCJPatel has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by yvr
OP, there's a well-priced white one right here: https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...powerpack.html

Originally Posted by CobaltC4S
That's a fantastic package and very low mileage. The price is a little high for me though. Also, I'm looking for a car with zero history of any sort of incident, even minor.

Jeez I sound like a picky old rich lady or something.... But I just feel like at this price point, I should get exactly what I'm looking for.

I have a question for V8V owners about oil consumption. I've read of a fewV8's having excessive oil consumption issues, and there is no real way of checking this except asking the owners themselves?... a PPI will not cover this. This is one of my only worries.
Understandable, I was the same way until I saw that actually damage picture -- It was comical to me to see that minor of a scratch. Anyway, let me know if you want to put an offer in on my car, I would prefer it to go to a nice home . Also, I have been talking to a gentlemen who's swapping his 2013 bumpers (front and back) off his newly ordered Stratus White coupe with me.

My car seems to be exactly what youre looking for, a 2008 Stratus White with Brown Leather and the white stitching 6 speed, and loaded up with only 14,400 miles. It also has the Powerpack and the Quicksilver Exaust which will put you close to the 2009 4.7 liter engine numbers all for about 2k over wholesale. Only reason I'm selling is because I want a 430 spider.

Edit: As far as the oil consumption, I have not heard of anything about it. I had two inspections done at the dealer which included the oil change and my service advisor never mentioned anything about consumption of oil. I'll see if I can check the oil level on my car when I get home, its been about 1k miles since the last inspection.

Last edited by CJPatel; 02-05-2013 at 04:11 PM.
Old 02-05-2013, 05:42 PM
GT650-25 has a brilliant futureGT650-25 has a brilliant futureGT650-25 has a brilliant futureGT650-25 has a brilliant futureGT650-25 has a brilliant futureGT650-25 has a brilliant futureGT650-25 has a brilliant futureGT650-25 has a brilliant futureGT650-25 has a brilliant futureGT650-25 has a brilliant futureGT650-25 has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by drcollie
I don't think you are going to find what you want for $ 55K, or even $ 60K. The market is not yet there. I just bought my super-pristine 2007 with 4,800 miles on it 90 days ago for $ 72K - and I shopped them pretty hard. Of course mine has never been so much as in the rain and had a pampered life from the 1st owner (even if he didn't know how to drive a stick!) and that was worth a premium to me. Most the cars in $ 55K to $ 60K land have some flaws or higher miles, etc. Good luck!
I agree with DR collie. You are being too picky for that price point. You can find vantages in low 60's or high 50's but they will not be mint 07-08's with low miles and perfect color combos. You will mots likely also have to let go of the NAV at that price. I have owned 3 vantages so far. All between 07-08 and study the market very hard. Mid 60's is what you will pay for the right car, high 60's for a very low mile pampered right car.

good luck

Old 02-05-2013, 06:32 PM
millsjq has a spectacular aura aboutmillsjq has a spectacular aura about
I think CJ Patel's car seems to exactly fit your requirements. The minor repair if done correctly (as it seems) should have minimal effect if any on the value of the car. Replacing entire panels should be a no brainer.

Old 02-06-2013, 07:39 AM
Originally Posted by millsjq
I think CJ Patel's car seems to exactly fit your requirements. The minor repair if done correctly (as it seems) should have minimal effect if any on the value of the car. Replacing entire panels should be a no brainer.
Yup ! The work was completed at an Aston Martin Dealership.

Last edited by CJPatel; 02-06-2013 at 07:42 AM.
Old 02-06-2013, 07:59 AM
RossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond repute
I regularly shop the market for deals on cars and while a great deal is out there, you are taking on a large amount of risk for it. Typically you get what you pay for. I personally meet in the middle and buy/sell on a very aggressive schedule (6 months-1 years of ownership) to avoid large depreciation hits. It's more work but a lot of fun when you can enjoy all of these cars without costing a fortune.

Last edited by RossL; 02-06-2013 at 08:06 AM.
Old 02-06-2013, 08:55 AM
"Understandable, I was the same way until I saw that actually damage picture -- It was comical to me to see that minor of a scratch. Anyway, let me know if you want to put an offer in on my car, I would prefer it to go to a nice home . Also, I have been talking to a gentlemen who's swapping his 2013 bumpers (front and back) off his newly ordered Stratus White coupe with me. "

I agree, I'm not to worried about the damage as it was fixed properly with a new panel. Wondering if the panel came painted from factory or if they painted it at the dealership?

Also, I wouldn't be interested in the new 2013 bumpers, nor the upgraded rims. Stock's are what I'm looking for. The exhaust work you have done is a + in my eyes. Wondering if you still need to pull fuse 22 with all the work? Also, do you have the original OEM parts?

Is the minor bumper incident recorded anywhere on the vehicle's history?

If you want to PM me any of the answers, feel free.

Alin

Last edited by CobaltC4S; 02-06-2013 at 09:05 AM.
Old 02-06-2013, 10:05 AM
Originally Posted by CobaltC4S
Originally Posted by cjpatel
"Understandable, I was the same way until I saw that actually damage picture -- It was comical to me to see that minor of a scratch. Anyway, let me know if you want to put an offer in on my car, I would prefer it to go to a nice home . Also, I have been talking to a gentlemen who's swapping his 2013 bumpers (front and back) off his newly ordered Stratus White coupe with me. "
I agree, I'm not to worried about the damage as it was fixed properly with a new panel. Wondering if the panel came painted from factory or if they painted it at the dealership?

Also, I wouldn't be interested in the new 2013 bumpers, nor the upgraded rims. Stock's are what I'm looking for. The exhaust work you have done is a + in my eyes. Wondering if you still need to pull fuse 22 with all the work? Also, do you have the original OEM parts?

Is the minor bumper incident recorded anywhere on the vehicle's history?

If you want to PM me any of the answers, feel free.

Alin

PM'd a few of your questions, but forgot about the Fuse 22; it didn't have to be pulled, but I will double check this for you.

Oh and I can bring the car to 17856 or a bit closer to, so it wouldn't be such a long drive, since I own a business up here.

Thanks,
Canon

Last edited by CJPatel; 02-06-2013 at 10:07 AM.
Old 02-06-2013, 10:18 AM
Originally Posted by CJPatel
PM'd a few of your questions, but forgot about the Fuse 22; it didn't have to be pulled, but I will double check this for you.

Oh and I can bring the car to 17856 or a bit closer to, so it wouldn't be such a long drive, since I own a business up here.

Thanks,
Canon
Thanks for the PM and I will reply shortly to it. Don't worry about the fuse 22 question... I was mainly wondering if you pulled it out or not as I wouldn't see a point with such a nice exhaust set-up.

Old 02-06-2013, 10:53 AM
CJ Patel, If you sell your car with the OEM rims, I am intersted the wheels currently on you car and I am next door in Maryland.

Old 02-06-2013, 10:57 AM
Originally Posted by millsjq
CJ Patel, If you sell your car with the OEM rims, I am intersted the wheels currently on you car and I am next door in Maryland.
I have had about 4 people contact me already, I will keep you all in mind and link you when I post it up. These are a great looking set! Very happy with them.

Old 02-06-2013, 11:10 AM
Thanks, I also have a stock muffler (with about 8K miles on it) if you find you need to sell with stock exhaust.

Old 02-16-2013, 12:28 AM
VantageV8 is on a distinguished road
I have the '07 Vantsge on Cars.com...black with saddle interior and about 6500 miles. I'm in Bishopville, just across the bridge from Ocean City, MD.
Call me to discuss if you have any interest!

David

'07 Aston Martin Vantage V8
'07 Porsche 911 Turbo (sold)
'07 BMW 650 Convertible
'05 Rampage Sportfish
'04 Mercedes SL500
'04 Land Rover Range Rover

Last edited by VantageV8; 02-16-2013 at 01:14 PM.
Old 02-20-2013, 01:53 PM
I really wish this interior was a different color!
http://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-s...gIndex=9&Log=0

Also wish this exterior was a different color!
http://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-s...Index=11&Log=0

And if only this one wasn't a vert!
http://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-s...Index=17&Log=0

This one is priced very well! But I'm not feeling the exterior color.
http://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-s...Index=23&Log=0

My search goes on.....