Vantage 6-speed Gear Oil Grades Explained - Page 4 - 6SpeedOnline - Porsche Forum and Luxury Car Resource

Go Back  6SpeedOnline - Porsche Forum and Luxury Car Resource > British > Aston Martin
Reload this Page >

Vantage 6-speed Gear Oil Grades Explained

Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models
Sponsored by:

Vantage 6-speed Gear Oil Grades Explained

Old 03-21-2017, 03:24 PM
goto35 will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by Lve2xlr8 View Post
Got it. Order submitted! Do these bottles require a pump? I think I recalled reading somewhere that they have a neck that enables you to pour it into the fill location.
I got this done last week and holy cow the shifts were smooth as hell. We have the exact same car (08 sportshift roadster) so you will notice a nice difference.

Old 03-21-2017, 05:37 PM
Lve2xlr8 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by goto35 View Post
I got this done last week and holy cow the shifts were smooth as hell. We have the exact same car (08 sportshift roadster) so you will notice a nice difference.
I actually have an 09 6 speed coupe, but glad to hear you're noticing a difference. Did you go with the OEM BOT oil?

Old 05-04-2017, 04:31 AM
irish07 has a reputation beyond reputeirish07 has a reputation beyond reputeirish07 has a reputation beyond reputeirish07 has a reputation beyond reputeirish07 has a reputation beyond reputeirish07 has a reputation beyond reputeirish07 has a reputation beyond reputeirish07 has a reputation beyond reputeirish07 has a reputation beyond reputeirish07 has a reputation beyond reputeirish07 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Carlhenrik View Post
Great thread - My issue isn't with hard gear shifts (7-speed SportShift 13MY V8S), but my differential makes a whining noise around 60mph at half throttle. High pitched, not very pronounced but you can hear it. I've replaced the oil in my transmission with the OEM oil, didn't help. AM replaced the entire transmission, still didn't help.

Have you guys experienced the same noise? Is it just supposed to be that way?
I've yet to notice any bearing type notices from the 6-speed nor 7-speed, not saying it'll never happen but being your on a 2nd transmission..I'd be thinking it's not trans related.

I've had a few driveshaft front and rear bearing go. Which this also wears out the pilot bearing. Not sure if the pilot wears first and then the shaft bearing or vise versa. So pilot bearing gets replaced along with sending the shaft out for replacement of shaft bearings...btw, this noise actually echos and sounds like it's inside the transmission.

Not saying this is your issue, but what I've had in the past.