Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Carbon Fiber Side Mirror Covers

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-22-2013, 08:00 PM
Racer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud of
Carbon Fiber Side Mirror Covers

Anyone here get these? If so, pls post a pic and tell us where you got them. I'm considering adding these to my V12V. Seems like they would compliment the existing carbon as well as the Quantum Silver paint well. Thanks.

Old 02-22-2013, 08:25 PM
XJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Racer_X
Anyone here get these? If so, pls post a pic and tell us where you got them. I'm considering adding these to my V12V. Seems like they would compliment the existing carbon as well as the Quantum Silver paint well. Thanks.
MA Carbon

Old 02-23-2013, 09:57 AM
Racer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud of
Have you purchased from these guys? I'm mainly wondering about quality of the weave. Aston offers shells for $1,500 and various aftermarket providers, including MA, offer them for around half the price. Although I like saving money, I don't want to end up with something that looks aftermarket.

Old 02-23-2013, 12:04 PM
drcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond repute
Tell you what Racer X, get some 3M dinoc film off Ebay in Carbon Fiber for about $ 20 and put it on. The mirror is not that complex a shape and if you have a little patience and a heat gun, you can make it look like the real deal and no one will know the difference. I'd done more complex shapes than a mirror with it. Here's photo of the cheap plastic lid on my KTM 990 Adventure that I covered, just as a data point, and it has some sharp creases on it. At worst, you're out $ 20 or so...

Attached Images  
Old 02-23-2013, 12:59 PM
XJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond repute
Have you purchased from these guys? I'm mainly wondering about quality of the weave. Aston offers shells for $1,500 and various aftermarket providers, including MA, offer them for around half the price. Although I like saving money, I don't want to end up with something that looks aftermarket.
You asked if anyone bought some, and that's why I replied with MA Carbon.

Old 02-23-2013, 05:56 PM
karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !
Dave, Some guy on Pistonheads bought his mirror shells from Robson-Designs and was pleased with the quality of their products. Their prices are very low. The only problem was the high cost of shipping from China. Maybe we need to do a group buy to share the costs. Here a link to their post on 6-Speed:
https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...on-martin.html and here is the price list.

Old 02-23-2013, 07:05 PM
No32 is a glorious beacon of lightNo32 is a glorious beacon of lightNo32 is a glorious beacon of lightNo32 is a glorious beacon of lightNo32 is a glorious beacon of lightNo32 is a glorious beacon of light
ill be happy to join, not sure which items improve looks without being too flashy

Old 02-23-2013, 09:04 PM
Originally Posted by drcollie
. . . get some 3M dinoc film off Ebay in Carbon Fiber for about $ 20 and put it on.
Racer X doesn't do fake carbon fiber!

Originally Posted by XJRS Owner
You asked if anyone bought some, and that's why I replied with MA Carbon.
Okay, so should I also assume from your cryptic response that you think the weave is good quality?

Originally Posted by karlfranz
. . . Maybe we need to do a group buy to share the costs.
Sounds like a good idea KF. I'd be up for that too.

Old 02-23-2013, 10:12 PM
EnataiV12V is on a distinguished road
I would get the OEM version so that the weave matches. I have the carbon strakes and just added the carbon exterior door pulls. I liked that look over getting the mirror caps. I also added the carbon ski slope which is a big improvement over the piano black

Astonbits sells the OEM caps but at current exchange rate I think it's right at the $1500 you indicated. Also added glass buttons and black grill. Happy with results but don't get the car til Monday...was hoping for today

Old 02-24-2013, 09:58 AM
MA Carbon weave matches OEM weave...can't tell the difference side by side.

Old 02-24-2013, 04:16 PM
^^Okay, thanks.

Old 02-25-2013, 12:29 AM
sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !
Racer X doesn't do fake carbon fiber! .
lmao ... That was funny! Nice use of the 3rd person narrative lol !

Old 02-25-2013, 01:51 AM
karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !
^^^^ "George is getting upset!" Yelled in your best Costanza voice.

Old 02-25-2013, 02:16 AM
Former Vendor
Robson-Design has much to be proud ofRobson-Design has much to be proud ofRobson-Design has much to be proud ofRobson-Design has much to be proud ofRobson-Design has much to be proud ofRobson-Design has much to be proud ofRobson-Design has much to be proud ofRobson-Design has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by karlfranz
Dave, Some guy on Pistonheads bought his mirror shells from Robson-Designs and was pleased with the quality of their products. Their prices are very low. The only problem was the high cost of shipping from China. Maybe we need to do a group buy to share the costs. Here a link to their post on 6-Speed:
https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...on-martin.html and here is the price list.

hi,

Thanks for mentioning our company here, just want to clarify the price list is from other company not from us,

Robson Design is a company based in Singapore with headquarters in Japan and a production factory fully owned by us. We specialized in doing Genuine Carbon Fiber for automotive parts both interior and exterior We have also developed into the fabrication of Carbon fiber Bonnets and parts of other things like Motorcycles, home furniture, accessories and etc..

thank you!

Last edited by Robson-Design; 02-25-2013 at 07:49 PM.
Old 02-25-2013, 04:42 AM
Jarod has a spectacular aura aboutJarod has a spectacular aura about
Depending on your model year, Volvo mirror caps are used on the AM Vantage. For my V8V MY 2008 I ordered the following ones:

http://www.vivaperformance.com/carbon-fiber-mirror-caps-s60-v70-s80/

Its full carbon, quality is flawless, though I do not have them mounted yet, thus I cannot say anything about the fitting accuracy.

Jarod

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Carbon Fiber Side Mirror Covers