Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Coolant level low message. Help

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-24-2013, 08:41 PM
tko211 is a jewel in the roughtko211 is a jewel in the roughtko211 is a jewel in the rough
Coolant level low message. Help

Anyone ever have a coolant level low message come on and off regularly? I've had my 2006 Vantage for a week now and it seems to pop up every so often each time I drive it. I had my mechanic (not aston dealer) check out the coolant level and he said it was full? Is it a faulty code? something else? It comes on for only a second then shuts itself off by itself. Any advise would be helpful. My nearest dealer is Las Vegas apparently.

Old 03-24-2013, 09:54 PM
drcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond repute
Not much mystery in low coolant. Check your tank and fill if needed. Watch for leaks.

Old 03-25-2013, 12:24 AM
tko211 is a jewel in the roughtko211 is a jewel in the roughtko211 is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by drcollie
Not much mystery in low coolant. Check your tank and fill if needed. Watch for leaks.
No leaks of any kind. The tank reads full, but I still get the code on and off every time I dive it. I'm curious if this has happened to anyone else? Is it related to something else? faulty sensor? I guess thats my question.

Old 03-25-2013, 08:39 PM
drcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond repute
Have you popped the hood and removed the reservoir cap (its black, up near the hood strut on the driver's side) and actually looked in there to see if there is fluid in the tank? You have to press down on the cap to remove it and re-install.

Old 03-26-2013, 07:43 AM
mikey k is a name known to allmikey k is a name known to allmikey k is a name known to allmikey k is a name known to allmikey k is a name known to allmikey k is a name known to all
IIRC some one on here or Piston Heads had this late last year and it was traced to a faulty sensor.

Old 03-26-2013, 09:46 AM
Originally Posted by mikey k
IIRC some one on here or Piston Heads had this late last year and it was traced to a faulty sensor.
Thanks! I'm suspecting that might be my issue... Helps to know that there is someone else out there who has had this happen before. I'll have to get it checked out properly.

Old 03-26-2013, 01:22 PM
Basic Sponsor
Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !
Float usually sticks in the bottle..or I've had the sensor cracked...You can get the switch but it's really a 50/50 cause you can't get inside the bottle at the time of the fault and confirm the float is still free..so everytime I get an older vehicle I replace the resevoir complete which comes with a sensor, and also do a flush if not done recently..gummed coolant is what causes the float to stick..aka 2 birds 1 stone

Velocity Automotive Performance Limited

214 Maple Ave.
Oliver, B.C
Canada V0H 1T9
Office: (1)250-485-5126
Email: Tuning@VelocityAP.com

www.velocityap.com