Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

About photographing Astons

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-10-2013, 05:49 PM
karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !
About photographing Astons

As some of you already know, I'm kind of a serious amateur photographer and long time Photoshop user. A friend of mine, Scott Kelby, is president of the National Association of Photoshop Professionals (NAPP) and his Kelby Training division features online training by many experts in the trade. One of these experts happens to be Tim Wallace who is the official photographer for Aston Martin. You can see some of Tim's amazing work at his site: Ambient Life

Tim had several online classes on photographing cars on Kelby Training. After watching these, I decided to put my new-found skills to the test and the results were posted here on 6Speed. I showed my results to Scott and he asked if he could shoot my car as well. His results were seen on his blog and this Facebook post.

A few months ago I commented to Scott that Tim didn't have a class on photographing car interiors and he said he would ask him to make one the next time he came over from the UK. Well, last week, Tim came in to film his new class and Scott called me over to spend the day at the set with him!

Tim is a great guy and I got to observe the master at work and pick his brain on all matters. One thing he mentioned is that he has been working for the past 8 months on an officially licensed 100th Anniversary book that will be available for sale through your dealer.

He also shared some hints of a couple of exciting things to come before the end of the year, but I'm not at liberty to divulge these. Just know that there are still a few surprises left for the anniversary celebration.

You can follow Tim on Twitter by clicking this link.

Scott Kelby's Twitter page is here.

Some of Tim's brilliant work:

Attached Images      

Last edited by karlfranz; 04-10-2013 at 06:37 PM.
Old 04-10-2013, 06:09 PM
karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !
BTW: for those who care, Tim normally shoots with a 200 Mega-pixel (!!) Hasselblad H4D-200MS which costs a measly $36,000US!

Old 04-10-2013, 06:19 PM
Former Vendor
Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by karlfranz
BTW: for those who care, Tim normally shoots with a 200 Mega-pixel (!!) Hasselblad H4D-200MS which costs a measly $36,000US!
Wow, that is insane!!! I remember when we were all amped up about 5 megapixel cameras and now every phone camera out there has one!

Old 04-11-2013, 06:59 AM
scottblack has a spectacular aura aboutscottblack has a spectacular aura aboutscottblack has a spectacular aura about
Fantastic images. He is talented at telling a story, creating drama with his work.

Old 04-11-2013, 08:52 AM
Aston502 will become famous soon enough
Beautiful Pics

Old 04-11-2013, 01:33 PM
sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !
Very nice pics thanks for sharing

Old 04-12-2013, 07:13 AM
WG_moots has a spectacular aura aboutWG_moots has a spectacular aura aboutWG_moots has a spectacular aura about
Karl, thanks for sharing. I do a little photography for fun and it is always humbling to see the pros at work and the results.