Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Leather abrasions/scuffs easy to repair?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-25-2013, 10:07 AM
DoubleLow7 is a glorious beacon of lightDoubleLow7 is a glorious beacon of lightDoubleLow7 is a glorious beacon of lightDoubleLow7 is a glorious beacon of lightDoubleLow7 is a glorious beacon of lightDoubleLow7 is a glorious beacon of light
Leather abrasions/scuffs easy to repair?

So I'm about the pull the trigger on a V12V, but being the **** retentive owner I am I found a few issues that I'll need to negotiate. One is some abrasions/scuffs on the leather of the driver's seat near the handbrake. It's obvious that someone scratched the leather with their fingernails, but based off the picture below, is this easily repairable?

Your input and thoughts are greatly appreciated.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	2po4cbs.jpg
Views:	3167
Size:	280.8 KB
ID:	235853  
Old 04-25-2013, 11:18 AM
yvr
yvr has much to be proud ofyvr has much to be proud ofyvr has much to be proud ofyvr has much to be proud ofyvr has much to be proud ofyvr has much to be proud ofyvr has much to be proud ofyvr has much to be proud ofyvr has much to be proud ofyvr has much to be proud of
Keep the car, change the girlfriend?

Old 04-25-2013, 12:28 PM
sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !
No doubt that's a french manicure gone wrong on your leather. Not a big deal maybe you can treat it, I am not a leather expert but Dwayne may be able to shed some light on it.

How is the rest of the car? show more pics...

Old 04-25-2013, 02:39 PM
drcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond repute
These are 'finished' or 'painted' leathers in the cars, or at best semi-aniline. You have some light leather damage there, but its not real hard to fix. Since you don't have access to pro materials, easiest thing to do is contact a mobile leather repair place or go to your favorite luxury car dealer when the guy is on their lot. $ 100 to $ 150 and it will be all gone with he's done.

Option 2 is to seal and color it yourself. You can lay some leather topcoat glaze on it to even it out, and lightly sand it, then come in with a matter color to touch up. But you probably don't do that on a regular basis so it won't be worth it for you to hunt down the materials.

Quick and Dirty is to put some leather CONDITIONER on it, then dab it with a black magic marker and smudge it with your finger before it dries.

Are you going to sell the car with the HRE's on it? If you're going back to stock wheels and selling the HRE's - man, I'd love to have those!

Old 04-25-2013, 02:50 PM
sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !
^^^ Didn't you just get wheels Duane!!?? Farkeling up a new pair...does the misses know or is this to be an 'underground upgrade garage' type slick move...UUC style!!! hahaha

Old 04-25-2013, 03:14 PM
drcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond repute
Yeah, but I got the Chinese-made Ace wheels, dem ain't HRE's Sunir!

My wife doesn't miss a trick, she caught the wheel upgrade but it took a week after they were on. She just goes out and gets a new expensive handbag at Saks for a little payback - what am I going to say?

Old 04-25-2013, 04:14 PM
jmargolese will become famous soon enoughjmargolese will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by drcollie
Yeah, but I got the Chinese-made Ace wheels, dem ain't HRE's Sunir!

My wife doesn't miss a trick, she caught the wheel upgrade but it took a week after they were on. She just goes out and gets a new expensive handbag at Saks for a little payback - what am I going to say?
Duane,

That is so funny as the exact same thing happened to me. I did not tell her about the headers. Had them installed, all good, then she sees the invoice on my desk and says WTF? Follows up with fine, I am going to Gucci to get me a new purse!

sheesh, women!

Old 04-25-2013, 04:21 PM
^^^ that makes no sense guys...I'm not married (yet) but under the basic premise here is that she makes a purchase to counter yours or essentially trying to become mathematically even I would think that (1) you each have seperate accounts in which case whate each of you spent has no impact on the other person or (2) if you had joint account and you made a large purchase and she followed it up, it's not getting even...it's more like depleting the account twice or 2x the spend.

Again, not a married guy yet...but with girlfriends it's easier...I spend what I want and can buy her a gift without having her keep score...which who knows she might anyways lol

Old 04-25-2013, 04:42 PM
DoubleLow7 is a glorious beacon of lightDoubleLow7 is a glorious beacon of lightDoubleLow7 is a glorious beacon of lightDoubleLow7 is a glorious beacon of lightDoubleLow7 is a glorious beacon of lightDoubleLow7 is a glorious beacon of light
LOL. Thanks for the tips on the leather. Luckily I'm holding onto my HRE's Still needing to review a few issues with the V12V before I pull the trigger (maintenance records, exterior condition, etc.)

Old 04-26-2013, 10:06 AM
dicktahoe is a glorious beacon of lightdicktahoe is a glorious beacon of lightdicktahoe is a glorious beacon of lightdicktahoe is a glorious beacon of lightdicktahoe is a glorious beacon of light
"Men are from Mars, Women are from Venus" and we don't think the same or even speak the same language--Sheeesh. Here's an ad from a BMW Motorcycle Magazine: "For sale nearly new BMW R1200RT, at much reduced price. I guess I didn't understand when I was going to buy it and my wife said, 'Do whatever the F%$K you want'!"

Old 04-29-2013, 09:00 AM
AXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to behold
It's really funny as I purchased elude's old V8Vantage S wheels & tires, a carbon fiber front lip spoiler and a 6 bar grill and my wife didn't notice any of these modifications!

I'm beginning to wonder if I could replace my V8 with a V12. I've found one in Goodwood Green (my color) however the interior is black vs. my car's red fox... That I'm sure she'll notice!

Old 04-29-2013, 12:14 PM
LOL, it's so funny cause I had an hour long discussion with the fiancee comparing my obsession with cars and her vice with make-up. Bottom-line, I'm getting away with upgrading my V8VS to a V12V and all I have to do is buy her a new make-up palette set thing-a-ma-bob... I'm sure I'll still pay for it in the end...

Old 04-29-2013, 09:00 PM
DetomasoGTS74 has much to be proud ofDetomasoGTS74 has much to be proud ofDetomasoGTS74 has much to be proud ofDetomasoGTS74 has much to be proud ofDetomasoGTS74 has much to be proud ofDetomasoGTS74 has much to be proud ofDetomasoGTS74 has much to be proud ofDetomasoGTS74 has much to be proud of
haha, my wife really wanted a trip to Africa for a safari. I told her fine but I get a sports car. She said anything I wanted so Aston it was. We both enjoyed the safari.

Old 04-30-2013, 06:35 PM
FatFrank has a spectacular aura aboutFatFrank has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by dicktahoe
"..... I guess I didn't understand when I was going to buy it and my wife said, 'Do whatever the F%$K you want'!"
Made me laugh. I think my misses said something similar at first......but she only really got upset when I bought a $600 cover for it and then parked it up for 6 months in the winter....

BTW my dealer as fixed worse marks on my leather FOC.

Old 04-30-2013, 06:41 PM
I got this the other day.... "Why do you even have that car in the garage, you never drive it?"

"Because I don't want it sitting in the parking lot at work collecting door dings 6 days a week, so that only leaves Sundays."

'Well I think its silly to have a car you don't drive, just sitting there paying taxes and insurance on it and that money could go elsewhere".

.....So the Aston HAS been going to work a couple of times a week now, door dings be damned. lol

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Leather abrasions/scuffs easy to repair?