Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Time for new brake pads for my Rapide

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-10-2013, 01:29 AM
RussianS4 will become famous soon enoughRussianS4 will become famous soon enough
Time for new brake pads for my Rapide

Guys maybe you can help me
looking for a good deal on pads. saw few sets on ebay brand new from 350$ and Up

where do you bu your parts from ?

Old 07-11-2013, 12:05 PM
dan87951 is a name known to alldan87951 is a name known to alldan87951 is a name known to alldan87951 is a name known to alldan87951 is a name known to alldan87951 is a name known to all
I put EBC Red's on my DB9 and have been satisfied. I also had to use the factory anti-squeal kit that is provided with the old pads to get them to be just as quiet but no big deal. I plan on doing the front pads when I put the car away for winter. EBC makes a quality product at less than 1/4 the cost of factory.

Old 07-11-2013, 12:18 PM
mikes300 is on a distinguished road
I have the porterfields on my DB9, very happy so far, WAY less dust than the stockers

Old 07-11-2013, 12:29 PM
dan87951 is a name known to alldan87951 is a name known to alldan87951 is a name known to alldan87951 is a name known to alldan87951 is a name known to alldan87951 is a name known to all
Oh yes forgot to mention since the EBC red's are ceramic there is virtually no dust on the wheels. Big change from the stockers!

Old 07-11-2013, 01:30 PM
karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !
What? I thought the Rapide had CCM brakes like the DBS, V12V, Vanq II, etc which would mean you can't just use any kind of pad.

Old 07-11-2013, 01:36 PM
XJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by karlfranz
What? I thought the Rapide had CCM brakes like the DBS, V12V, Vanq II, etc which would mean you can't just use any kind of pad.

It doesn't.

Old 07-12-2013, 07:25 AM
vonFerro is on a distinguished road
I swapped my OEM pads with EBC Reds on my Vantage and they gave me nothing but problems. Screeching so loud it could break windows, I had to start using the eBrake to avoid scorns. CEO replaced them with "better" ones from their race line but honestly despite having milled the rotors when the pads were changed, they still tend to squeal, especially if they've been cleaned from a wash\rain. Stuart at RSC has some leads on some good pads I hear

Old 07-12-2013, 09:21 AM
mikes300 is on a distinguished road
Stuart is now with velocity not RSC, but he recommended me the porterfields
http://www.porterfield-brakes.com/

http://www.topbrakes.com/seriesDetai...FTDZQgodCXoAdA

Old 09-07-2013, 10:09 PM
Fubar has a spectacular aura aboutFubar has a spectacular aura about
I can not find any aftermarket replacements for my front brakes. I have a 2012 Vantage V8-S. It uses the same pad as the Rapide. It is a much larger pad than the DBS and so far no one makes a match. It looks as tho AM has moved the brake pad pins inward so that the standard Brembo pads do not match... of course AM charges triple the price for similar compounds. I'm sure the pin movement has significant performance enhancing characteristics (that are unclear to me). Interestingly, the pad shape does match Range Rover's new lineup (specifically the pin movement), except for the height.

I hope that I am wrong on some level here and one of you learned gentlemen can ease my search for a better, cheaper, street compound pad.

Note to vonFerro: you might try switching to track mode on your car to lesson the squeaking brakes. I think the stability management control is a little over active and tends to heat up the rear pads to much. Once the glaze over your toast but you might be able to keep them from getting that hot by turning down stability management. I have no data to back up this suspicion, Im just your average Internet know-it-all.

Cheers
F

Last edited by Fubar; 09-07-2013 at 10:13 PM.
Old 09-08-2013, 08:08 AM
007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of
Carbotech can make any custom pad in any size in any of their pad compounds, it's a fantastic option. For the street their best pad is the 1521 compound, completely silent, zero fade, good cold bite, and no dust.

Pads are like $200-250 a set for custom, but well worth it in my opinion.

Call and talk to mike Jr.

Old 09-08-2013, 12:38 PM
THanks, I will call them on Monday. I have had about three people point me in their direct but I kept hoping to find an "off-the-shelf" option. I can't believe AM charges $2000 just for the pads, that's ridiculous. The car has been a great daily driver but the maintenance expense is prohibitive. $1,500 oil change, $2000 brake pads (service not included), $700 gearbox oil... for real?

Old 09-08-2013, 09:07 PM
AstonAddict is a jewel in the roughAstonAddict is a jewel in the roughAstonAddict is a jewel in the roughAstonAddict is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by 007 Vantage
Carbotech can make any custom pad in any size in any of their pad compounds, it's a fantastic option. For the street their best pad is the 1521 compound, completely silent, zero fade, good cold bite, and no dust.

Pads are like $200-250 a set for custom, but well worth it in my opinion.

Call and talk to mike Jr.
007 Vantage:

My 2009 V8V will soon need pads all around. I never track it, but am fed up with the dust. If I buy the 1521 pads from them off the website instead of the factory pads do I assume correctly they will just go straight on without any problems with no other impacts?

Old 09-08-2013, 09:40 PM
timwhayden is on a distinguished road
I have a '13 V8V that has the S brakes and can't stand the dust so I am researching options also. The rears are the same on all Vantages but the S fronts are larger. Carbotech and Porterfield will custom make pads in 1521 compound and R4-S compound respectively if you send them a pad or a tracing, measurements and photo. Girodisc Magicpad says he has them in stock but has 3 thickness's and he doesn't know which is the S but I measured mine and it looks to be 10mm. I think I am going with Girodisc because I don't have to send my pad and because I've had them on my Gallardo for 2yrs now and no squeal and Very little dust.

Old 09-08-2013, 10:27 PM
Pad thickness is 10mm, the base is 5.5mm and the two shims on the back add another 1mm. I have some new pads from Aston that I would really like to return to them but I wouldn't mind sending them to carbotech for sizing.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	344
Size:	1.10 MB
ID:	278390  
Old 03-26-2014, 09:46 PM
Josh123 is on a distinguished road
I purchased brand new Aston Mastin rear pads for a Rapide. I made this purchase in error. I own a DB9 and called the local dealer to get the part number for pads for a DB9 and instead was provided the part number for Rapide rear brake pads. Please let me know if you're interested. Whatever you do, don't buy anything but original Aston Martin Brembo pads.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Time for new brake pads for my Rapide