Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

07 AMV8 Vantage Premium Stereo Issues

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-13-2013, 12:17 AM
tsang002 is on a distinguished road
07 AMV8 Vantage Premium Stereo Issues

This is my second British car, my first was a 07 RR Sport. Both cars are awesome cars but for some reason both of these cars has the worst AM/FM reception. Do any one know how to improve reception on these cars. Also can we turn off the Dolby Pro Logic on the stereo?

Old 08-13-2013, 09:37 AM
DonBond is a jewel in the roughDonBond is a jewel in the roughDonBond is a jewel in the rough
I suspect the reason is because the antenna is on the underside of the trunk......mine on the db-9 is poor also.......don't know what can be done.

Old 08-13-2013, 03:30 PM
DonL has a brilliant futureDonL has a brilliant futureDonL has a brilliant futureDonL has a brilliant futureDonL has a brilliant futureDonL has a brilliant futureDonL has a brilliant futureDonL has a brilliant futureDonL has a brilliant futureDonL has a brilliant futureDonL has a brilliant future
I believe the '07 model year Vantage was the last year with the external roof mounted antenna. The removable OEM antenna is about 12" long...
Perhaps the previous owner installed a "shorty" antenna to improve looks over reception?
FYI, both our AM & FM reception, with the OEM antenna, is quite good; although we do live in an urban area.
Instructions for disabling the Dolby Pro Logic function can be found in Section 7 of your Owners manual. It may take a few tries, as the instructions aren't the clearest

Old 08-13-2013, 04:06 PM
tsang002 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by DonL
I believe the '07 model year Vantage was the last year with the external roof mounted antenna. The removable OEM antenna is about 12" long...
Perhaps the previous owner installed a "shorty" antenna to improve looks over reception?
FYI, both our AM & FM reception, with the OEM antenna, is quite good; although we do live in an urban area.
Instructions for disabling the Dolby Pro Logic function can be found in Section 7 of your Owners manual. It may take a few tries, as the instructions aren't the clearest
Got it figured out, thanks!

Old 08-13-2013, 04:17 PM
alevine has a spectacular aura aboutalevine has a spectacular aura about
My FM stereo sounds a bit funny too when Dolby Pro Logic is active. Seems like there is not enough info for the system to process and it fades in and out. Works much better with CD's but I disable Dolby Pro Logic and the FM stereo sounds much, much cleaner.