Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Recall on Gas Pedal

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-07-2014, 02:11 AM
blue_skies is just really niceblue_skies is just really niceblue_skies is just really niceblue_skies is just really niceblue_skies is just really nice
Recall on Gas Pedal

Just wondering, has anyone had this fixed yet (the second, recent recall)? I placed an order with AM Beverly Hills and it's been a little over 3 weeks, with no word or ETA from the factory on the part.

I ordered a trim piece and it took about 2 months, but I thought the pedals were sourced from someone else.

Old 01-07-2014, 06:47 AM
jj525 is on a distinguished road
No pedals available yet.

Old 01-07-2014, 06:49 AM
WG_moots has a spectacular aura aboutWG_moots has a spectacular aura aboutWG_moots has a spectacular aura about
I put my order in for the recall in mid-December. The local dealership told me there was a huge back up. Since AM sent out hundreds of letters but only sent them a couple dozen sets to fix the pedal problem.

They also told me not bring my car in until they called and confirmed the parts were in since they have to quarantine the car ... and they are running out of storage space with customer cars.

I guess we just have to be patient.

Old 01-07-2014, 07:02 AM
jj525 is on a distinguished road
I'll get an update and post later today.

Old 01-07-2014, 07:39 AM
bluebarchetta is a glorious beacon of lightbluebarchetta is a glorious beacon of lightbluebarchetta is a glorious beacon of lightbluebarchetta is a glorious beacon of lightbluebarchetta is a glorious beacon of lightbluebarchetta is a glorious beacon of light
I had mine fixed 2 weeks ago, because it was in for another issue. However I overheard a conversation and think they had a limited number sent out initially, and they we're slated for new stock inventory. They used one of those

Old 01-07-2014, 08:34 AM
karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by WG_moots
I put my order in for the recall in mid-December. The local dealership told me there was a huge back up. Since AM sent out hundreds of letters but only sent them a couple dozen sets to fix the pedal problem.

They also told me not bring my car in until they called and confirmed the parts were in since they have to quarantine the car ... and they are running out of storage space with customer cars.

I guess we just have to be patient.
So you could, potentially, bring your car in for a minor service and have the car quarantined for weeks or months due to the recall? :yikes:

Old 01-07-2014, 08:48 AM
XJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond repute
Sounds like dealer BS to me. There a very few Quarantine Notices by Aston (lots of Service Actions, Bulletins and some Recalls). AFAIK, only Quarantine Notices actually require AM dealers to quarantine the car, not Safety Recalls such as this.

Maybe our tech buddies can comment?

Old 01-07-2014, 09:11 AM
drcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond repute
They can Quarantine my car all they like so long as they give me a Vanquish loaner....

Old 01-07-2014, 10:31 AM
HarveyV is on a distinguished road
Great. I also ordered through AM Beverly Hills 4 weeks ago. I guess I'll be waiting for a while.

Old 01-08-2014, 07:13 AM
WG_moots has a spectacular aura aboutWG_moots has a spectacular aura aboutWG_moots has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by karlfranz
So you could, potentially, bring your car in for a minor service and have the car quarantined for weeks or months due to the recall? :yikes:
That is exactly what I was told. My yearly service is up and they told me not bring it in until my gas pedal fix came in. They don't have room to store any more cars.

And by the way, my local dealer no longer provides courtesy loaner cars but "we can arrange a rental car through Enterprise for you."

Old 01-08-2014, 09:28 AM
drcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond repute
Well, they really can't keep your car if you don't want them to....

Old 01-08-2014, 10:46 AM
karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !
I can't see how it would be legal for them to keep your car unless they give you a loaner.

Old 01-08-2014, 11:33 AM
AMFixer is a name known to allAMFixer is a name known to allAMFixer is a name known to allAMFixer is a name known to allAMFixer is a name known to allAMFixer is a name known to all
Yes pedals are on back order. Aston did only send out what they had at first, to fix our stock units. The holding of cars is really only for our stock units. When people call us we get there information and get a pedal order. The pedals are ordered with a vin that way we can track what has been done.

What happens with the pedal is when you press it all the way to the floor they hit the firewall plate and break. If you had the recall done the first time the don't break has easy, as if you never had it done. So the recall replaces the pedal with a new material one, and we adjust the back plate on the firewall. We found on v8 is where a lot of the problem with the backing plate.

Old 01-08-2014, 02:48 PM
Basic Sponsor
Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by AMFixer
Yes pedals are on back order. Aston did only send out what they had at first, to fix our stock units. The holding of cars is really only for our stock units. When people call us we get there information and get a pedal order. The pedals are ordered with a vin that way we can track what has been done.

What happens with the pedal is when you press it all the way to the floor they hit the firewall plate and break. If you had the recall done the first time the don't break has easy, as if you never had it done. So the recall replaces the pedal with a new material one, and we adjust the back plate on the firewall. We found on v8 is where a lot of the problem with the backing plate.
Hehe..check Policy Letters just posted Jan 3rd...3rd times a charm I guess

Velocity Automotive Performance Limited

214 Maple Ave.
Oliver, B.C
Canada V0H 1T9
Office: (1)250-485-5126
Email: Tuning@VelocityAP.com

www.velocityap.com

Old 01-08-2014, 03:01 PM
AMFixer is a name known to allAMFixer is a name known to allAMFixer is a name known to allAMFixer is a name known to allAMFixer is a name known to allAMFixer is a name known to all
Originally Posted by irish07
Hehe..check Policy Letters just posted Jan 3rd...3rd times a charm I guess
LMAO.....REALLY!!!?? No wonder we can't get pedals.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Recall on Gas Pedal