Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

2007 Vantage vs. 2013 Vantage S

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-29-2014, 10:50 AM
AXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to behold
2007 Vantage vs. 2013 Vantage S

Here are some comparison photos of my old 2007 V8 Vantage in Goodwood Green vs. the new 2013 V8 Vantage S in British Racing Green. I prefer the color Goodwood Green over British Racing Green but I'm getting more compliments on the new car vs. the old… which boggles me as the cars look so similar. The 2013 is so much superior over the 2007 its like a different vehicle altogether. Cheers, Dan

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0784.jpg
Views:	233
Size:	3.52 MB
ID:	326688   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1104.jpg
Views:	426
Size:	2.03 MB
ID:	326689  

Last edited by AXARUNNER; 01-29-2014 at 10:58 AM.
Old 01-29-2014, 11:17 AM
telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !
Thanks for the comparison shots! The V8VS is a very different car than an '07 V8V. I was pretty impressed when I test drove one. As soon as I got back into my 4.3L, I immediately missed the 4.7L. I agree with you on the colors. I like the Goodwood better, but I think the compliments are coming from the way the British Racing "pops" visually.

Old 01-29-2014, 12:34 PM
captain Greg is a splendid one to beholdcaptain Greg is a splendid one to beholdcaptain Greg is a splendid one to beholdcaptain Greg is a splendid one to beholdcaptain Greg is a splendid one to beholdcaptain Greg is a splendid one to beholdcaptain Greg is a splendid one to behold
Maybe the brand has gained desirability? and has its own cult status it did not have in earlier years? younger ***** and there studs will still chant ferrari or lambo (having never driven either) chicks over 40 who know how to use there bodies now recognise us Aston drivers for what we are .... simply superior... with their hubbies nodding approval )

Old 01-29-2014, 12:34 PM
b_gust99 will become famous soon enough
Every time I see a Vantage in a color I haven't previously, I say to myself, wow, that color looks great on an Aston. The only one I can think of not liking is the yellow on the new V12S launch. Like both of your cars, thanks for sharing.

Old 01-29-2014, 12:35 PM
fbiguy is on a distinguished road
I love both colors.

Can I ask what color the interior if the new one is? It looks like Havana Tan, and works perfectly with the British Racing Green.

Cheers to you, Kevin

Old 01-29-2014, 02:05 PM
AXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by fbiguy
I love both colors.

Can I ask what color the interior if the new one is? It looks like Havana Tan, and works perfectly with the British Racing Green.

Cheers to you, Kevin
The interior is chestnut brown with yellow/beige heavy stitching. I love it.

Name:	IMG_0163.jpg
Views:	168
Size:	137.5 KB
ID:	326741   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0170.jpg
Views:	153
Size:	1.88 MB
ID:	326742   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0171.JPG
Views:	139
Size:	2.15 MB
ID:	326744  
Old 01-29-2014, 02:27 PM
fbiguy is on a distinguished road
Interesting. I might have the guys look my old car up when I get to the dealership next time. Might be that my interior was actually Chestnut. Either way, and sounds weird to say, I love that brown!

Old 01-29-2014, 02:34 PM
I believe that your interior is Red Fox or Kestrel… My 07 had Red Fox with Obsidian seat and door panel inserts (on the left)… Note that I kept the floor mats.

Name:	photo.jpg
Views:	99
Size:	278.3 KB
ID:	326771   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0162.jpg
Views:	117
Size:	2.08 MB
ID:	326772  

Last edited by AXARUNNER; 01-29-2014 at 02:37 PM.
Old 01-29-2014, 02:55 PM
blue_skies is just really niceblue_skies is just really niceblue_skies is just really niceblue_skies is just really niceblue_skies is just really nice
Originally Posted by captain Greg
Maybe the brand has gained desirability? and has its own cult status it did not have in earlier years? younger ***** and there studs will still chant ferrari or lambo (having never driven either) chicks over 40 who know how to use there bodies now recognise us Aston drivers for what we are .... simply superior... with their hubbies nodding approval )
Astons have a small IQ test that weeds out on the Lambo/Ferrari crowd (figuring out how to open the door).

Looking back, my recollection of the correlation between my dating life and the cars I had:

Lambo - sorority girl
Ferrari - stripper
Aston - theoretical chemist and attorney

None over 29.

Old 01-29-2014, 02:59 PM
I added this Union Jack

So I added this Union Jack to the flanks of my car… It's a very high quality piece... but try and guess which vehicle manufacturer this "part" was originally sourced from? Hint the vehicle was built in the UK but is not a British automaker.

Name:	union jack on BRG.jpg
Views:	123
Size:	4.56 MB
ID:	326773  
Old 01-29-2014, 03:27 PM
Originally Posted by blue_skies
Astons have a small IQ test that weeds out on the Lambo/Ferrari crowd (figuring out how to open the door).

Looking back, my recollection of the correlation between my dating life and the cars I had:

Lambo - sorority girl
Ferrari - stripper

None over 29.
This has got to be the funniest response ever… Big Reps for sure.
Looking back for me:
Fiat X1/9: my future wife
Lancia Scorpion: my future wife
Various Toyota company vehicles: my wife
Mercedes 190E, Mazda RX7, Corvette C5, 911 Carrera, Boxster S, Audi R8, AMV8 Vantage, AMV8 Vantage S…. all my wife.

Old 01-29-2014, 03:58 PM
Prefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud of
Great colors

I gotta tell you beggars can't be choosers, but when I found my used 09 in meteorite and Sahara tan interior that's as close I thought to ideal for me. Perfection however, would be your colors! Wow!

Old 01-29-2014, 04:42 PM
MichaelD will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by blue_skies

Lambo - sorority girl
Ferrari - stripper

None over 29.
Was this all the same woman? She sounds like a keeper

Old 01-29-2014, 04:43 PM
MichaelD will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by AXARUNNER
So I added this Union Jack to the flanks of my car… It's a very high quality piece... but try and guess which vehicle manufacturer this "part" was originally sourced from? Hint the vehicle was built in the UK but is not a British automaker.
Mini? Or could have been off an old Triumph, which is probably where they got the idea

Old 01-29-2014, 04:43 PM
Texas F1 will become famous soon enough
The BRG with that interior is my absolute favorite color combination! I was looking for a green Vantage before ending up with my 2007 Oyster Silver V8 last spring. Sounds like the upgrade to the newer S model was significant. Congratulations!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 2007 Vantage vs. 2013 Vantage S