Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

- New V2 Tune for 4.3L Vantage, More Power! -

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-05-2014, 04:17 PM
darren08 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by AXARUNNER
NOTE: The one in the trunk is what is recommended by Aston. The cigarette lighter may not be "live" if the ignition isn't on.

I'll take some photographs if necessary…

It's under the foam on the passenger side.

no don't do that till I have time to look at it again when the weather clears around here.. I appreciate the help.. if I can't figure it out I will post again..
thanks for the help!!

Old 02-05-2014, 05:31 PM
007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of
The reason you need battery charger is because when you reflash the ECU, the ECU cannot tell the fans to stay shut off, for that reasons the cooling fans run at 100% for 2min & 30seconds (which is a lot of draw on the battery). On mine we did not need to use one because we were running it on the dyno charging it a ton constantly (and I have new battery), but in very cold climates where battery performance is low due to extreme cold, it definitely helps and is recommended.

This is true on all cars when you flash the ECU file (Mercedes, BMW, ETC)

Old 02-14-2014, 10:42 AM
Vergis has a spectacular aura aboutVergis has a spectacular aura aboutVergis has a spectacular aura about
OK Guys and Girls had the Eurocharge Tune installed.

My set up is High Flow Manifolds, Cat Delete, Muffler Delete, X Pipe (Acts as a sound reducer as well) and air filters. So safe to say the car breathes very well. In addition I am lighter then a Vantage S since I have shed over 35 KG from various mods.

I am impressed. The throttle response really got me first of all. It is 50% more sensitive then before which is great. Not too much and not too little. There has always been a slight delay in the throttle pedal to the engine but this is reduced fractionally. I can also reverse and slow park without jerkyness which can be a problem with a sensitive throttle.

The torque is definately increased. 1st gear really revs up now from idle about 25% faster then my previous map and gets going properly 2800 revs up in particular. 2nd gear is a peach and thats where you really feel the power. I have nt had time or the weather conditions to push it to the limit in 3rd + but impressions are great.

The rev limit is now 7800. This is brilliant. 3 red lights and next gear which then takes the batton and pushes the revs back up very quickly. This is since it starts from a higher baseline then before.

I think the valves open up at about 2800 now which means more power ofcourse and a throatier noise.

Noise wise the car is loud but there is no drone in the cabin which is a big no no for me. I have installed some soundproofing under the parcel shelf which does help a lot from the shrill after 5k. The difference between having a parcel shelf and no parcel shelf is very noticable. So the soundproofing has further helped.

All in all a great upgrade and my estimate is that I am pushing out at least 440 BHP. This is certainly a very very interesting map and thanks 007 Vantage for the the information on this. I went on his recommendation and was rewarded. I need a rolling road ASAP !!!

Last edited by Vergis; 02-14-2014 at 10:49 AM.
Old 02-14-2014, 01:25 PM
jmargolese will become famous soon enoughjmargolese will become famous soon enough
Vergis, good writeup. I have pretty much the same mods as you on my 2008 v8v. I also know that you are in the UK, how did you install the ECU tune remotely? Did they send you an ECU reader or do it online? Care to share how much you paid?

Old 02-14-2014, 05:18 PM
007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of
7800!! I am so jealous haha.

I cannot wait to catch up to you and get a full Stage 3 v2 setup! I am sure it revs like a maniac on the top end past the stock redline. 7300rpm+ In these cars is a completely different world with the right mods and tune.

Looking forward to hearing more impressions...

Still working on my tune, going to go back soon for some more refinements and unlocking hopefully even more power. High flow cats coming soon there after!

Old 02-15-2014, 02:22 AM
ArtB is a jewel in the roughArtB is a jewel in the roughArtB is a jewel in the rough
Will be ordering my tune Monday! I am completely stock for now, so I am interested to feel the difference once installed. 007, are there different Stages to the tunes? I want the latest, most potent version for mine!
Art

Old 02-15-2014, 06:44 AM
Usadewolfe is on a distinguished road
Eurocharged have a dealer here in VA. I was thinking if going to see them but have a dumb question first. I have an 08 V8V with no mods. Do I have to get v1 done before doing v2 ? Or can I just go straight to the results you are showing here ?

Old 02-15-2014, 06:50 AM
ArtB is a jewel in the roughArtB is a jewel in the roughArtB is a jewel in the rough
Not a dumb question, seeing as how I asked them the same exact question last week when I called the Houston shop. You can have this version installed without doing the V1. They will update the versions for free as you add mods too, no one else offers that from what I have seen.
Art

Old 02-15-2014, 08:18 AM
Hey Guys,

Great question, the v1 was the old tune, v2 has now replaced it so essentially there is no more V1 tune. The V2 tune is still a stage one. You can then get stage 2 tune (high flow cats) and then the stage 3 tune (headers) once you install those hardware upgrades. No other mods really require a tune so it's those 3 basic stages.

Correct, Eurocharged has a free retunes for life policy. You get to reflash your car free as many times as you like for as long as you own the car, very few other companies offer this program. This was another reason why I chose Eurocharged (not to mention they are local which makes life so easy.)

Curious to hear your impressions Art , request the 7700 Rpm redline it's amazing. You don't need 7800 on stock car, stock cats are too restrictive to push any more rpms stock really. With cats you can do 7800.

Old 02-15-2014, 10:56 AM
jyeatman is on a distinguished road
These results look impressive. I am curious if anyone has used Eurocharged to flash a 4.7L engine's ECU?

Can the flash be performed by the consumer?

TIA!

Old 02-15-2014, 03:40 PM
Hey J,

Yes, they can send you the loaner flasher tool and you can reflash your own car in the convenience of your own home. You do need a fast broadband internet connection and wirelessly connected laptop I believe.

They have the V1 4.7 tune already, makes like 26hp @ the wheels with a conservative tune. I am sure once they get a local test car they will be able to do a V2 for it. I do know that sometimes sportshift cars cannot run too aggressive of a power increase so they have to be dialed back a bit (hence V1). Manual cars can run whatever you throw at them (the one big advantage of the manual cars).

Hope that helps

Old 02-15-2014, 08:39 PM
jyeatman is on a distinguished road
Thanks for answering my questions, 007. Fortunately I have a manual so yet another bonus for rowing my own gears! I'll drop them a line and mention your excellent sales skills! ;-)

Will keep everyone posted of my progress.

John

Old 02-15-2014, 10:30 PM
Awesome, just relaying my personal experiences, I have been very happy with the new results so far. Just gotta see if I can unlock more torque. But even as is, the new higher redline is more than worth it. 7700 sounds absolutely fantastic on these little short stroke 4.3Ls

Old 02-16-2014, 10:20 AM
dicktahoe is a glorious beacon of lightdicktahoe is a glorious beacon of lightdicktahoe is a glorious beacon of lightdicktahoe is a glorious beacon of lightdicktahoe is a glorious beacon of light
".....7700 sounds absolutely fantastic on these little short stroke 4.3Ls" Also a quick check of piston speeds shows how conservative Aston is. The accepted range for "Mean Piston Speed for High Performance Engines" (like the Aston) is 20-25m/s. At 7200 RPM Mean Piston speed on the 4.3L engine is about 20.7m/s, and at 7700 is still a conservative 22m/s.

Old 02-16-2014, 04:18 PM
Great little bit of info.

The real limitation on rpms in these performance motors (especially short stroke motors) is not the Rpm, it's the hydraulic valve lifters and valve springs.

Not sure how much the hydraulic lifters can handle but most usually top our around 8k. Valve springs is harder to tell, only way to measure those is buy one from the factory and have it tested to measure its spring rate.

Either way, revving it to 7700rpm all the time, no problems whatsoever.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: - New V2 Tune for 4.3L Vantage, More Power! -