Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Astonmartinbits 50% cheaper than dealer?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-08-2014, 02:58 AM
lovingit is on a distinguished road
Astonmartinbits 50% cheaper than dealer?

Hi all, I am looking to retrofit N400 sills to a 2009 model. I have called a few dealers here and they all quoted me around $1500-1650 for a pair of UNPAINTED N400 sills.

I went to astonmartinbits and found these. I think these are the same ones- N400 sills for left and right sides.
http://astonmartinbits.com/models/5-V8-Vantage/parts/866

I think I did the conversion from euro to USD.......but I am not sure how a new pair cost $782 USD (if I did the conversion correctly from $576 euro) Does the dealer give something that this site doesn't include like installation parts. How could it be 50% cheaper than what the dealers are quoting me? Unless shipping is a few hundred bucks? Please advise.

Old 02-08-2014, 06:28 AM
yvr
yvr has much to be proud ofyvr has much to be proud ofyvr has much to be proud ofyvr has much to be proud ofyvr has much to be proud ofyvr has much to be proud ofyvr has much to be proud ofyvr has much to be proud ofyvr has much to be proud ofyvr has much to be proud of
Shipping big parts to North America can cost almost as much as the parts. I bought 2 new front fenders (wings) from AMbits for about $600 each -- $1,200 in total. Shipping was about $800 (one really big box). So about $2K delivered plus a bit of import tax paid.

My local dealer wanted to charge about $3K for each wing, or $6K in total so it made sense for me.

AFAIK AMBits only ships by air. I wasn't in a rush & would have been happy to wait a month or two for the slow boat, but they didn't offer that at the time.

Old 02-08-2014, 09:26 AM
captain Greg is a splendid one to beholdcaptain Greg is a splendid one to beholdcaptain Greg is a splendid one to beholdcaptain Greg is a splendid one to beholdcaptain Greg is a splendid one to beholdcaptain Greg is a splendid one to beholdcaptain Greg is a splendid one to behold
I have used AM bits their service and helpfulness was great, got a new key and fob for 1 quarter of dealer price just had to have it coded, my engineer is looking at a clutch l[kit and will be in contact with them, having had great serives from them

Old 02-08-2014, 04:06 PM
FatFrank has a spectacular aura aboutFatFrank has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by captain Greg
I have used AM bits their service and helpfulness was great, got a new key and fob for 1 quarter of dealer price just had to have it coded, my engineer is looking at a clutch l[kit and will be in contact with them, having had great serives from them
Me too, absolutely great service from them and great prices

Old 02-08-2014, 05:26 PM
007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of
HWM Aston Martin dealership in UK has always quoted the lowest prices for me (and that's including shipping). Typically they are 15-20% cheaper than any other dealer or online retailer. Give them a try to see if they can give you better price. Ask for Rob.

hope that helps

Old 02-08-2014, 05:28 PM
Originally Posted by 007 Vantage
HWM Aston Martin dealership in UK has always quoted the lowest prices for me (and that's including shipping). Typically they are 15-20% cheaper than any other dealer or online retailer. Give them a try to see if they can give you better price. Ask for Rob.

hope that helps
Cheaper than Aston Martin bits?

Old 02-09-2014, 04:24 AM
CARAIBAM is a glorious beacon of lightCARAIBAM is a glorious beacon of lightCARAIBAM is a glorious beacon of lightCARAIBAM is a glorious beacon of lightCARAIBAM is a glorious beacon of light
I fully agree, Rob at HWM is a great guy,also been using Astonmartinits with great sucess .

Old 02-09-2014, 07:26 AM
programmatore has a reputation beyond reputeprogrammatore has a reputation beyond reputeprogrammatore has a reputation beyond reputeprogrammatore has a reputation beyond reputeprogrammatore has a reputation beyond reputeprogrammatore has a reputation beyond reputeprogrammatore has a reputation beyond reputeprogrammatore has a reputation beyond reputeprogrammatore has a reputation beyond reputeprogrammatore has a reputation beyond reputeprogrammatore has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by lovingit
I think I did the conversion from euro to USD.......but I am not sure how a new pair cost $782 USD (if I did the conversion correctly from $576 euro) Does the dealer give something that this site doesn't include like installation parts. How could it be 50% cheaper than what the dealers are quoting me? Unless shipping is a few hundred bucks? Please advise.

Sorry, you did the conversion wrong. The price quoted in Aston Martin Bits is in British Pounds, not Euros. £576.42 is about $950.

Old 02-09-2014, 11:42 AM
Basic Sponsor
Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !
All the UK parts suppliers will be able to quote lower prices due to the shipping to North America not being priced in already. In reality, if the US dealers are not marking up from retail prices there is not much difference in it. As an example, I can supply at $1200 + ground shipping from the US East coast. There's not much in it at that price, shipping a pair of sills from the UK is going to run you $250-300.

206 Maple Avenue
Oliver, BC
Canada V2A 4W6
Office: (1)250-485-5126
www.velocityap.com
Old 02-09-2014, 04:03 PM
Originally Posted by programmatore
Sorry, you did the conversion wrong. The price quoted in Aston Martin Bits is in British Pounds, not Euros. £576.42 is about $950.
Thanks for the correction. I wonder how much shipping and VAT is?

Old 02-09-2014, 06:10 PM
007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of
Even with shipping HWM is still the cheapest for me by far, never hurts to check them out as a good price comparison. If they usually aren't the cheapest they will do their best to match prices too and give you great technical support. I have never had any other dealer be nearly as helpful as them. Shipping times are slightly longer but for the 30% discount I get over the Houston dealers prices it's well worth it (Star in Houston is a massive ripoff, most expensive aston dealer by far in USA for some reason)

Old 02-09-2014, 07:13 PM
telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !
I've ordered through Stuart a couple of times (and have another order pending after I move into my new place). He's always beaten my dealer by a nice margin with excellent service and quick shipping.

If you're looking to get the cheapest price on parts, shoot some emails off to AM Bits, HWM, and Stuart and see what each says. Factor in the money conversion (Euro/Pound/Dollar), and shipping costs. That's the most accurate way to get your answer.

Old 02-09-2014, 08:21 PM
timwhayden is on a distinguished road
VAT (value added tax) is 20 or 25% I believe but only for Great Britain residents. Since you are ordering from the US you DO NOT have to pay it. I have ordered several things from them and was charged no VAT.

Old 02-10-2014, 12:51 PM
mikey k is a name known to allmikey k is a name known to allmikey k is a name known to allmikey k is a name known to allmikey k is a name known to allmikey k is a name known to all
Originally Posted by timwhayden
VAT (value added tax) is 20 or 25% I believe but only for Great Britain residents. Since you are ordering from the US you DO NOT have to pay it. I have ordered several things from them and was charged no VAT.
GB VAT is currently 20% but isn't charged on sales outside the UK
You will pay higher transport and I'd guess local import tax (and possibly a handling charger by the carrier)

Old 11-03-2016, 04:36 PM
harperb is on a distinguished road
From what I can tell, http://www.astonmartinparts.net does not seem to have much available for parts, so there doesn't seem to be much comparison between them and astonmartinbits. Do you have to call to get quotes on all of their parts?

Is astonmartinbits somehow a part of a dealer? I'm not sure how they are able to order some of the VIN-specific and customized parts.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Astonmartinbits 50% cheaper than dealer?