Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Porsche GT3, Aston Martin V12 Vantage S, Mercedes C63 AMG Black Series

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-12-2014, 09:09 PM
scottblack has a spectacular aura aboutscottblack has a spectacular aura aboutscottblack has a spectacular aura about
Porsche GT3, Aston Martin V12 Vantage S, Mercedes C63 AMG Black Series

http://youtu.be/794j_U6Hau4

What do you think of their analysis?

Old 02-12-2014, 09:30 PM
RossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond repute
Chris Harris spoke very highly of the Aston. His only dig was the tech being old but who cares about that. Overall a good review.

Old 02-12-2014, 11:01 PM
V12V will become famous soon enough
A good review of the Aston which he would like better with a manual. Just like every other review. The ball is in your court Aston.

Old 02-13-2014, 06:07 AM
telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !
Good review, I really enjoy Chris's videos. He's got a great balance of being informative, interesting to listen to, and unbiased.

Originally Posted by V12V
A good review of the Aston which he would like better with a manual. Just like every other review. The ball is in your court Aston.
haha...
"I want it with a manual" - Almost everyone.
"I want it with a dual clutch" - Everyone else.
"I want it with an automated manual" - Nobody. At all.

Old 02-13-2014, 08:12 AM
mikey k is a name known to allmikey k is a name known to allmikey k is a name known to allmikey k is a name known to allmikey k is a name known to allmikey k is a name known to all
I always enjoy a "Monkey Harris" review

Wibble Wibble Button

Old 02-13-2014, 09:18 AM
AXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by scottblack
http://youtu.be/794j_U6Hau4

What do you think of their analysis?
Scottblack: Thanks for finding this. Chris Harris… Is there anyone better at reviewing cars?

Regarding the three: I love the GT3. A Porsche dealer friend loaned me one for a weekend and found I the car to be a really remarkable machine but I couldn't live with it an a daily basis as its too pure a race car, not a sports car. The MB is just too "boy race"r for me what with those wings and "Darth Vader" looks; that I'm just not a fan of most MB products as they come across as to pretentious. That leaves the V12S which is my choice despite its auto-manual gear box. I hate flappy paddles so perhaps I'd swap-out the gearbox for a proper manual (I'm in dream land anyway so why not). Also, in my opinion, the color Yellow is only suitable for NYC taxi cabs. But as a daily driver the Aston suits me the best.

Old 02-13-2014, 09:56 AM
Racer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by telum01
"I want it with a manual" - Almost everyone.
"I want it with a dual clutch" - Everyone else.
"I want it with an automated manual" - Nobody. At all.
Ha, that's a pretty good summary of the way it is.