Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Well this looks familiar

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-19-2015, 06:37 AM
karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !
Old 08-19-2015, 07:19 AM
Senatorblutarsky will become famous soon enoughSenatorblutarsky will become famous soon enough
What a beauty!

Old 08-19-2015, 07:24 AM
telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !
LOL! At least you know your old car is still in one piece. Looks like they did a pretty clean installation so hopefully it's in good hands.

Old 08-19-2015, 10:25 AM
skywagon is a jewel in the roughskywagon is a jewel in the roughskywagon is a jewel in the rough
Funny he should post that...

Through this forum I was able to locate karlfranz. I just purchased the vehicle after it was sold to a local dealer here in Arizona. I am currently in the process of removing the blue wrap. The owner after karlfranz did not treat the car in the best manner. It was not damaged in any way, just not cared for with the best respect. I am picky, so I tend to scrutinize more than most when it comes to car care. Thankfully, that wrap was on it to protect the beautiful paint underneath. I am about half way through the removal process. Once I have that part complete I will fully detail the car and have a clear bra installed (most if not all the car). The roads here in Arizona are horrible on paint with the rocks and sand/dust.

That stereo equipment is still in the car. There have been some changes since that was posted though. I will open up the interior and evaluate what has been done once I have the exterior completed.

Karlfranz can rest easy as the car is in caring hands now. I recently sold my Lotus Elise in preparation for an Aston Martin purchase. This car popped up sooner than I planned. My Lotus search took 8 months and I figured this one would take just as long or even longer. Again, I am picky. Looking over this car I could see the potential. The dealer was stupid and scared of the car not knowing what was under the wrap. The stereo probably scared them as well. Thanks to this forum, and emails with karlfranz, I knew what was under the wrap before I bought it. I inspected it for damage from the latest owner. I only found minor blemishes that can be fixed. Therefore, I gladly purchased the vehicle from the dealer.

Here is a quick snapshot in my garage last night after I completed unwrapping the front end. Please excuse the quality as all I had was an LED shop light to add side lighting. A proper photo session with this car will happen once I have it where I feel it should be quality wise.

Last edited by skywagon; 08-19-2015 at 10:27 AM.
Old 08-19-2015, 10:59 AM
Ron Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to behold
You are one lucky man,. Does it have the power pack option? It is a 2007? Nice color by the way.
Thanks,
Ron

Old 08-19-2015, 11:54 AM
skywagon is a jewel in the roughskywagon is a jewel in the roughskywagon is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by Ron Avery
You are one lucky man,. Does it have the power pack option? It is a 2007? Nice color by the way.
Thanks,
Ron
Ron,

First off, it is amazing to see how car guys travel from forum to forum. I remember seeing your posts on Lotustalk.

This car is a 2007. It does not have the power pack upgrade that I know of. It does have red calipers with the sport pack wheels, the same wheels you have on your car. Karlfranz installed the wheels when he owned it. They are my favorite wheels as well.

This car lucked out to be almost exactly what I was looking for. Tungsten silver with a bright finish grille (Bond, James Bond). It has the 6-speed manual (I was not even considering the auto), HID headlights, heated seats (not really needed in AZ), and no navigation. I actually prefer the look of the waterfall without the nav screen. And with smartphones you can have a more advanced interface and unlimited updates.

-Clay

Old 08-19-2015, 12:15 PM
RolexDaytona1 has a spectacular aura aboutRolexDaytona1 has a spectacular aura aboutRolexDaytona1 has a spectacular aura about
Good luck with the new ride! I am sure it will treat you well. My 2006 has been my daily driver for the last two years and has been perfect.

You are not missing anything without the factory Nav. Never use mine.

FYI the chin spoiler isnt actually that expensive to replace if you want the front to look perfect.

Enjoy!

Old 08-19-2015, 12:20 PM
Ron Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to behold
Clay,
I do miss my Evora, I sold it and my Fiesta ST earlier this year. I just had to many cars. I bought my Vantage about one year ago. I had always wanted one, but i had to wait for a good used one to come down enough in price. I had the power pack installed last fall. It is a nice upgrade, but only in the very top end of the power band (the last 1500 RPM's). I think with the Vantage the only way for me to go was with the Stick.It just adds so much to the driving experience> I still do have my 2005 Elise in the family, I gave it to my daughter. The fact that your car already has the Split spoke wheels is very cool, and will save you over $3000
Ron

Old 08-19-2015, 12:21 PM
Thin chin spoiler is already on my list along with a few other parts I want or need to replace. Thankfully, Aston Martin Bits has most everything I am looking for. I priced a few items through my local dealer, Penske in Scottsdale, and some things were 2X the price of Aston Martin Bits.

The only issue I currently have is removing the front side strakes, the inserts on the front fender vents. Karlfranz wrapped the material under them. I removed the fender liner and still cannot get to 2 of the nuts. I am wondering what else I will have to pull to get access.

Old 08-19-2015, 12:26 PM
Ron,
Quite funny as I had a Focus ST and my Elise at the same time, both were yellow. I as well cleared my fleet down so I could justify the purchase price of an Aston. I started looking and this car came up rather quickly. I am very lucky. The wheels were the bonus to me as I was going purchase a set if the car did not have them. I think they are one of the best looking wheels for this car. Karlfranz also installed the N420 side sills. They further add to the look of this particular car. This is still a second/toy car for me. I have an older Lincoln LS as a daily driver.

-Clay

Last edited by skywagon; 08-19-2015 at 02:10 PM.
Old 08-19-2015, 01:00 PM
karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by skywagon
Thin chin spoiler is already on my list along with a few other parts I want or need to replace. Thankfully, Aston Martin Bits has most everything I am looking for. I priced a few items through my local dealer, Penske in Scottsdale, and some things were 2X the price of Aston Martin Bits.

The only issue I currently have is removing the front side strakes, the inserts on the front fender vents. Karlfranz wrapped the material under them. I removed the fender liner and still cannot get to 2 of the nuts. I am wondering what else I will have to pull to get access.
I wouldn't bother removing the side strakes. You can probably pull off the material without it. Also, almost every Vantage gets the paint under the strake chipped by the factory when they torque down the nuts. Pulling the wrap with the strake off may risk pulling off paint around the chipped area.

Also, check for parts prices with Stuart from Velocity. Bits prices used to be cheaper years ago, than they are now and their shipping charges are way too high most times.

Last edited by karlfranz; 08-19-2015 at 06:15 PM.
Old 08-19-2015, 02:16 PM
Originally Posted by karlfranz
I wouldn't bother removing the side strakes. You can probably pull off the material without it. Also, almost every advantage gets the paint under the strake chipped by the factory when they torque down the nuts. Pulling the wrap with the strake off may risk pulling off paint around the chipped area.

Also, check for parts prices with Stuart from Velocity. Bits prices used to be cheaper years ago, than they are now and their shipping charges are way too high most times.
Thanks for the pointer on the side strakes. I had to remove the fender liner anyway to remove the side marker lights. Thankfully, I only have the bolt and 2 nuts removed from the strake on the passenger side. I was concerned about dropping/losing the other 2 nuts and not being able to retrieve them.

I will check with Velocity as well. Even with shipping charges it still is cheaper than buying parts from a US dealer. The local one here in Scottsdale doesn't even stock most parts.

Old 08-19-2015, 05:54 PM
Originally Posted by skywagon
Ron,
Quite funny as I had a Focus ST and my Elise at the same time, both were yellow. I as well cleared my fleet down so I could justify the purchase price of an Aston. I started looking and this car came up rather quickly. I am very lucky. The wheels were the bonus to me as I was going purchase a set if the car did not have them. I think they are one of the best looking wheels for this car. Karlfranz also installed the N420 side sills. They further add to the look of this particular car. This is still a second/toy car for me. I have an older Lincoln LS as a daily driver.

-Clay
Clay,
I have a 2015 Mustang GT stick with the performance package and Recaro seats as my DD. I love it, great car.
Ron

Old 08-19-2015, 09:05 PM
Prefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud of
I have a 15 mustang also, loaded everything but have ecoboost - daily driver... Looks mean... It ain't! The lack of power and noise makes the car seem ponderous and huge. Wish i'd have a v8 but did not to have a daily driver with more power than my Vantage. My son just ordered a 16 camaro ss yesterday.