Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Power upgrade

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-15-2014, 06:32 AM
Usadewolfe is on a distinguished road
Power upgrade

I have an 08 V8V and have had it for a year. I love it, but since a friend with his Maserati GT (I guess it was a 4.7) left me behind a lot it's time to get some more umph.i guess it's about hp and torque but so many options.......

I have read about ECUs and TCS's, but on a bit of a budget so will have to do in stages. Can anyone make any recommendations other than go and get an 09 with a 4.7

Old 02-15-2014, 07:31 AM
oo7
oo7 will become famous soon enoughoo7 will become famous soon enough
Explore this forum and you will find many ways to garner more hp and keep you with the maser. Torque is a little tougher but many here success and dyno results to confirm

Old 02-15-2014, 07:48 AM
jmargolese will become famous soon enoughjmargolese will become famous soon enough
I have an 08 and have gone toe to toe with a Maserati gt on the track, we were pretty much the same with my mods. It helps that the vantage is a little more nimble in the corners too.

Here is how I started with things.
Cats and filters
Headers
Two piece rotors and michelin PSS
Exhaust

I have no tune, but considering the eurocharged. I have not done a dyno but the throttle feel and acceleration feels better. There is also nothing like the rumble of the car at high RPM. Will scare the crap out of that Maserati.

Old 02-15-2014, 08:10 AM
007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of
Mods in this order will give you best bang per buck:

- Eurocharged ECU tune (by far the most cost effective power mod)
- high flow cats
- Headers
- 2-piece rotors
- Exhaust

Old 02-15-2014, 10:06 AM
Basic Sponsor
Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Usadewolfe
I have an 08 V8V and have had it for a year. I love it, but since a friend with his Maserati GT (I guess it was a 4.7) left me behind a lot it's time to get some more umph.i guess it's about hp and torque but so many options.......

I have read about ECUs and TCS's, but on a bit of a budget so will have to do in stages. Can anyone make any recommendations other than go and get an 09 with a 4.7
I was just in Vienna this week, shooting some video of this car!!!

My company Velocity offers the most cost-effective and dyno proven power gains on the market for Aston Martin. Our complete package upgrade includes headers, catalysts, filters & ECU tuning and can be done in stages to suit any budget.

http://www.velocityap.com/Aston-Mart...pnoexhaust.htm

Our ECU Tuning program is the most advanced in the world for Aston Martin, with many in-house developed map & includes over $3,000,000 public liability insurance covering your drivetrain and vehicle. Available changes include ignition timing, fuel trim adjustments, throttle mapping, exhaust valve mapping, RPM limit adjustment and idle air control to combat stalling.

http://www.velocityap.com/Aston-Mart.../velv8vecu.htm

I have partnerships in place with both Aston Martin of Washington DC, or if you prefer an independent for installation, with Exotic Car Specialties of Virginia. Both would be excellent choices for installation of any of the components.

206 Maple Avenue
Oliver, BC
Canada V2A 4W6
Office: (1)250-485-5126
www.velocityap.com
Old 02-15-2014, 11:23 PM
telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Stuart@VelocityAP
I was just in Vienna this week, shooting some video of this car!!!

I have partnerships in place with both Aston Martin of Washington DC, or if you prefer an independent for installation, with Exotic Car Specialties of Virginia. Both would be excellent choices for installation of any of the components.
Stuart's gettin' all up in my hood.

AM of Washington is a fantastic dealership, several of us on this forum have worked with them. And Josh at ECS is a friend of mine. Great guy with plenty of wisdom and experience.

Old 02-16-2014, 07:00 AM
Usadewolfe is on a distinguished road
I like AMDC too they help me a lot. I'll check out ECS too thanks to all of u. I'll let you know what I do.