Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Aston martin vantage interior changes

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-22-2014, 09:06 AM
drcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Mochachino
Beautiful car! What color is the interior?

Has the $ 500 Aston Martin brand floor mats, too! XM radio module is just behind the shift lever on the console in case you were curious what that box is....

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Interior_zpsfde3e72c.jpg
Views:	1495
Size:	86.0 KB
ID:	337477  
Old 02-23-2014, 09:42 PM
elmfd3s is on a distinguished road
Well thats all I needed to hear...So my search continues... Thanks.
This car is an 09 with the interior you are looking for.

http://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-s...ngId=366405616

Old 02-23-2014, 11:07 PM
Mochachino is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by elmfd3s
This car is an 09 with the interior you are looking for.

http://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-s...ngId=366405616
thanks. I notice this car has 36,000 miles on it. What's your thoughts on buying an aston with
That many miles??

Old 02-24-2014, 06:03 AM
Prefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud of
I bought my 09 with 31,000 miles - no regrets but I had an Aston 'certified' car that was bought WITH a 2 year extended warranty for the same price - including shipping (covered) from CA to MN. The Autotrader ad said a few interesting things - one that it was served by a 'dealer' in January. Was that an Aston martin dealer? If it was then things like the clutch and brakes were certainly looked at - if not it could have been simply fluid changes. The color is listed as blue yet it looks pretty close to the colors of my car - Meteorite Silver with Sahara Tan...

The wheels are not stock and the car seems to be lowered - why no mention of that in the ad? That is a really big thing to advertise and miss. What other mods were done, as those two are not exactly cheap, and who did the mods? Was the car modified to be tracked? How does the mods affect the handling and ride? My 09 does not have the Sports Pack, so it's probably a softer ride, but I do not like the wheels. How many owners? After I bought mine I looked up it's history, and found three owners, one leased the car for just one year. Normally that would have been a red flag (I had already purchased the car and it was in transit), but it seems as tight and almost new condition.

Old 02-24-2014, 09:08 AM
XJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond repute
thanks. I notice this car has 36,000 miles on it. What's your thoughts on buying an aston with
That many miles??
36K miles and not stock? Walk away.

Old 05-24-2020, 04:53 PM
Christian Cameron will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by XJRS Owner
If you want to change the interior so it looks likes the last photo, you should simply forget about it. Probably cost you $10K, maybe more
Sorry to resurrect an old thread, but I'm interested in this as well. Are you saying $10K for the dealer to do this, or would it be possible and cheaper to order leather from Bridge of Weir and have a local shop do it? I've also been looking for a V8 Vantage with Kestrel Tan interior, but it also needs to be Tungsten Silver, manual, a coupe, and my budget prevents me from looking at anything other than the early '06-'07 models, so it might be a while before one pops up (I've come across one, but it was rebuilt title, which I'm not willing to consider). However, there's no shortage of Tungsten Silver manuals, and some are fairly cheap, in the low $30K. So I'm just wondering if this is a viable option. I'm talking replacing all the leather -- seats, dash, doors, panels -- with Bridge of Weir Kestrel Tan leather but done by a shop that's not the dealer.

Last edited by Christian Cameron; 05-24-2020 at 04:56 PM.
Old 05-25-2020, 09:23 AM
Prefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud of
I'd check with independent shops that do leather work

Old 05-25-2020, 09:36 AM
MRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond repute
if you're changing interiors, why settle for bridge of weir leather? just because it's "oem?"
id find a local guy with high quality leather...

Old 05-25-2020, 12:01 PM
Christian Cameron will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by MRCW
if you're changing interiors, why settle for bridge of weir leather? just because it's "oem?"
id find a local guy with high quality leather...
I guess so. When you say "settle" you mean Bridge of Weir is not that high quality? I mean I would prefer an oem leather, but if it's up to the standard of oem I guess I don't care. I don't intend to sell the car anytime soon (if at all), but resale value is a consideration -- I suppose if it is high quality and well done, that can't hurt the resale value.

Old 05-25-2020, 02:13 PM
MRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond repute
not necessarily quality, rather availability, especially if you're not in the UK...I tried to get a small piece if leather for my Aston and reached a roadblock. no help, no local suppliers, etc... I'm sure they are reasonably suppliers to UK companies...

after 10 years in my vantage, garaged and only 25k miles, the leather has not aged and worn that well...

perhaps you can do better, that's all