Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Aston Martin V8 Vantage S Question

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-22-2020, 04:04 PM
Mark Conway is an unknown quantity at this point
Aston Martin V8 Vantage S Question

Hi guys. I’m considering buying a 2017 Vantage S I have found from a main dealer - it has every item I would want for spec and looks fantastic BUT the only thing I wouldn’t want is the red stitching throughout the interior. I cannot find one that comes close in terms of spec so changing the interior might be the way forward. Does anyone know of a solution to change the colour of the stitching without reupholstering the whole interior? Thank you so much!

Old 04-22-2020, 04:07 PM
MRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Mark Conway
Hi guys. I’m considering buying a 2017 Vantage S I have found from a main dealer - it has every item I would want for spec and looks fantastic BUT the only thing I wouldn’t want is the red stitching throughout the interior. I cannot find one that comes close in terms of spec so changing the interior might be the way forward. Does anyone know of a solution to change the colour of the stitching without reupholstering the whole interior? Thank you so much!
I guess you could dye it black

Old 04-22-2020, 05:59 PM
Dalecannavan is a splendid one to beholdDalecannavan is a splendid one to beholdDalecannavan is a splendid one to beholdDalecannavan is a splendid one to beholdDalecannavan is a splendid one to beholdDalecannavan is a splendid one to behold
I love the red stitching on mine. In fact, it gets lots of complements against the black leather.

Old 04-22-2020, 06:31 PM
Zettinger is a glorious beacon of lightZettinger is a glorious beacon of lightZettinger is a glorious beacon of lightZettinger is a glorious beacon of lightZettinger is a glorious beacon of light
What specs are you looking for? Pictures?

Old 04-23-2020, 12:18 AM
Originally Posted by Zettinger
What specs are you looking for? Pictures?
this is the car. I want grey. With low mileage, year 2017 and the spec of this vehicle basically. These wheels. Parking camera. Memory seats. Upgraded speakers. These lights. The exhaust in black. Black trim around the outside of the windows. The car is perfect. Bar the red.

https://preowned.astonmartin.com/pre...ntage-s-coupe/

Old 04-23-2020, 03:24 AM
MRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond repute
ha! my vantage is meteorite silver, phantom grey interior with white stitching on dash and doors and black stitching on seats, blacked out trim, widened stance with 20" black satin wheels, front and rear cameras...
it's a nice combo...

seats are the big cost... if you can dye the stitching in the seats to black, the rest of the interior should be relatively easy to take apart and redo... most of thr dash is modular and door cards are easy to remove. if you redo the interior sans seats, you could also not be tied to BOW leather but you may be able to get it easier in the UK.

Old 04-23-2020, 04:01 AM
Originally Posted by MRCW
ha! my vantage is meteorite silver, phantom grey interior with white stitching on dash and doors and black stitching on seats, blacked out trim, widened stance with 20" black satin wheels, front and rear cameras...
it's a nice combo...

seats are the big cost... if you can dye the stitching in the seats to black, the rest of the interior should be relatively easy to take apart and redo... most of thr dash is modular and door cards are easy to remove. if you redo the interior sans seats, you could also not be tied to BOW leather but you may be able to get it easier in the UK.
ive been quoted 5k for a complete re trim.

Old 04-23-2020, 04:51 AM
Originally Posted by Mark Conway
ive been quoted 5k for a complete re trim.
for that kind of money you should be able to really customize...seems reasonable

Old 04-23-2020, 08:13 AM
brightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond repute
I would move on to another car if the red stitch is that much of a deal breaker.