Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

My new (to me) 09 Vantage

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-09-2014, 08:45 AM
dicktahoe is a glorious beacon of lightdicktahoe is a glorious beacon of lightdicktahoe is a glorious beacon of lightdicktahoe is a glorious beacon of lightdicktahoe is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by jroback
Dick: 2 points. 1) I've never looked under that panel. Is there actually usable storage space there? I have to check it out tonight. 2) I bought a PPK/S (been on a handgun buying spree for last year), but unfortunately I don't like it -- anyone want to buy a slightly used Walther to compliment their AM?
I'm sorry you don't like the Walther, because it's the Perfect 007 handgun to go with the Aston. I think it was in the very first Bond Movie that "M" took away Bond's Beretta and gave him a 32-caliber Walther PPK. Then in Skyfall they upgraded the PPK to a 9mm/380ACP, which is what I have (and you probably have also). Maybe this comment will help you like it better: The Walther is a dual-action handgun, so the first pull can be very hard. However, if you first flip off the safety, then push the hammer back, the trigger-pull is much, much lighter and this approach works well for me. (I've even installed a Chrimson-Trace Laser hand-grip on my Walther).

And Yes there is a small compartment behind the Driver's seat, just big enough for the Walther--at least that's the case with my '08 Vantage.

Last edited by dicktahoe; 03-09-2014 at 08:49 AM.
Old 03-09-2014, 03:58 PM
jroback is on a distinguished road
Dick: Thanks for the suggestions -- yes, the DA pull is pretty heavy, but for me that's not one of the big issues: People talk about it as being very "pointable", but for me its much less accurate than my other handguns; and, it chews up my thumb webbing like no other gun! I ended up reversing M's move. Got a Beretta 85 Cheetah to replace PPK as my carry gun.