Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Anyone have a Quicksilver exhaust on their DB9?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-11-2014, 07:40 PM
SaidK1985 is on a distinguished road
Anyone have a Quicksilver exhaust on their DB9?

Hey guys,

im thinking of getting the quicksilver exhaust for my 2005 DB9. I was wondering how the sound compares to the stock exhaust? Obviously it has a better sound, but is there a huge difference? Is it worth the $3000 extra?

Also, anyone have a DB9 with quicksilver exhaust in the bay area i could meet? I'm in the south bay

Thank you folks!

Old 03-11-2014, 11:33 PM
Banned
jyu12 is on a distinguished road
I have the quick silver ss fitted on my07 its sounds great and there is quite a huge difference compared to stock. The vacuum breaker system for the stock exhaust will not function anymore so removing fuse 22 will not make a difference in sound. This is a good thing b/c i have heard of issue arising from have fuse 22 pulled.

Personally i really love the sound of this system. It has a very loud roar when starting from cold (border line frightening if you fire it up cold in an closed garage with your windows down) but after the initial roar it is not too outrageous. I have not had any complaints from my neighbour but I always keep in under 3000 rpm when I'm in neighbourhood areas. There is a sweet spot around 3500 - 4000 rpm that is quite loud if you blip the throttle. Once you get use to the system you will figure out how to control the sound from the exhaust.

Old 03-11-2014, 11:35 PM
mfrankel is on a distinguished road
Well, this is a completely subjective topic, so good luck in deciphering anything of use....

I have the "Sport", which is basically the tame version. I went with one step up from stock to reduce weight and accentuate the stock note (versus creating a different sound).

While I went conservative due to my initial dislike of cars being too loud, I love it so much that I now wish I went for Super Sport. With windows up driving freeway speed, I have almost no change in cabin noise from stock. Of course revs & shift changes are more fun now, but it's amazing to me how little the Sport version makes a difference while in gears 4 & 5.

So, love the sound, wish I had more....and that's something I thought I'd never say. For full disclosure, fuse 22 is not pulled/vacuum tubes open.

Lastly...search for used...you might get lucky. It's an easier call at $1500-$2000.

Old 03-12-2014, 12:24 PM
speedracer800 is a jewel in the roughspeedracer800 is a jewel in the roughspeedracer800 is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by SaidK1985
Hey guys,

im thinking of getting the quicksilver exhaust for my 2005 DB9. I was wondering how the sound compares to the stock exhaust? Obviously it has a better sound, but is there a huge difference? Is it worth the $3000 extra?

Also, anyone have a DB9 with quicksilver exhaust in the bay area i could meet? I'm in the south bay

Thank you folks!

I sent you a Pm..

Old 03-12-2014, 05:02 PM
CARAIBAM is a glorious beacon of lightCARAIBAM is a glorious beacon of lightCARAIBAM is a glorious beacon of lightCARAIBAM is a glorious beacon of lightCARAIBAM is a glorious beacon of light
I also went for the Sport,as I found a cheap one but would recommand choosing the Super Sport as there is not much impovement with the Sport.

Old 03-12-2014, 05:09 PM
SaidK1985 is on a distinguished road
As for the labor, how long does it take to install? Their website suggests as little as 45min as the exhaust is supposed to be very easy to install:
http://www.quicksilverexhausts.com/A...ctbulletin.htm

I called their sales representative, he also said this one is a very easy install, but quoted me 90min. A shop i called quoted me 2-3 hours.

Do you guys remember how long it took you, or your shop to install it?

Old 03-12-2014, 07:34 PM
4leafcloverz is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by mfrankel
I have the "Sport", which is basically the tame version. I went with one step up from stock to reduce weight and accentuate the stock note (versus creating a different sound).

While I went conservative due to my initial dislike of cars being too loud, I love it so much that I now wish I went for Super Sport. With windows up driving freeway speed, I have almost no change in cabin noise from stock. Of course revs & shift changes are more fun now, but it's amazing to me how little the Sport version makes a difference while in gears 4 & 5.

So, love the sound, wish I had more....and that's something I thought I'd never say. For full disclosure, fuse 22 is not pulled/vacuum tubes open.
Exact same feeling for me, I have an '05 DB9 with the quicksilver sport. Sound is great but really wish I had gone for super sport. Does anyone want to trade their super sport for my sport?

Old 03-12-2014, 07:35 PM
CARAIBAM is a glorious beacon of lightCARAIBAM is a glorious beacon of lightCARAIBAM is a glorious beacon of lightCARAIBAM is a glorious beacon of lightCARAIBAM is a glorious beacon of light
we fitted it at our workshop,a two post ramp is a must,90 minutes seems right as you will need to aligne the silencer with the tail pipes,I fitted scews to the valves rubber hoses as I didn't want to take the fuse 22 out.

Last edited by CARAIBAM; 03-12-2014 at 07:38 PM.