Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Opinion...2009 DBS or 2010 DB9...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-28-2014, 03:36 AM
rscultho is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by FatFrank
RS,
I have been stalking some McLarens but when you mentioned DBS for $109k I thought that sounds like a good alternative (not sure if I might lose a sh$t load on money on the Macca) but I can't find any for sale near that price!? Am I missing something?

FF

Well, I found this one at the Aston Martin of Atlanta dealership, which has a business name of Motorcars of Georgia.

I believe I got mine for the price that I did ($112K is what I got them down to...) because it had clutch issues that were repaired by AM, and because it has 30K miles on it. I was told by the service manager that AM doesn't normally cover clutches but they knew that some of the clutches in the 09's had defective materials and so they paid for it.

After driving it for a day now, I understand what people have said about it. I know it is classified as a GT, but the way it drives, the noise from the exhaust, the power...I would call it a sports car. It may not be as fast as a McClaren but it is *not* a GT like a Jaguar XK/R...no way, no way, no way!!!

AND, I found out that the 09's came with Sirius Sat Radio - FOR LIFE!!! It is activated forever, and I do not have to pay for it!!! I was gonna sign up for it when I got the car so that's about $150 (a year) I don't have to pay, which will probably cover a couple weeks of gas...

Last edited by rscultho; 03-28-2014 at 03:39 AM.