Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Opinion...2009 DBS or 2010 DB9...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-21-2014, 01:24 PM
rscultho is on a distinguished road
Opinion...2009 DBS or 2010 DB9...

Which one should I get? Appreciate any feedback you can provide.

Old 03-21-2014, 02:24 PM
Bleen is a glorious beacon of lightBleen is a glorious beacon of lightBleen is a glorious beacon of lightBleen is a glorious beacon of lightBleen is a glorious beacon of lightBleen is a glorious beacon of light
If it was me... I'd chose the 09 DBS. I love all those racy bits they put on it, I'd like knowing I have the top of the line model, and 1 year older car is not a big deal (miles would be though).

Old 03-21-2014, 03:08 PM
N91K is on a distinguished road
I would go with the DBS too, but any more info? Mileage? Colors? Etc.

Old 03-21-2014, 05:34 PM
XJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond repute
A no brainer.

DBS: top of the line by a huge amount, CCM brakes, CF body panels & body structure, more HP, wider wheels, wider stance, B&O audio, aniline leather, and 'looks'.

Old 03-21-2014, 05:55 PM
karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !
DBS for sure.

Old 03-21-2014, 06:32 PM
RossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond repute
Pretty much a no brainer... DBS

Old 03-21-2014, 06:44 PM
Aerome is on a distinguished road
DBS, unless it's priced higher than a new DB9.

Old 03-21-2014, 09:03 PM
They're both Black, with Obsidian interiors.

Correction...DBS has 30K miles, DB9 has about 9K miles.

The DBS is $119K, and is a manual, the DB9 is $104950.00 and is an auto

Is the clutch in these tranny's durable?

What is the warranty length/# of miles on these?

Last edited by rscultho; 03-22-2014 at 06:19 AM.
Old 03-23-2014, 06:30 AM
The sales guy went with me...he drove the DBS to a point and we swapped out. When we got back we did the same thing with my XKR.

The DBS was black with what is called an Obsidian black interior...basically the exact same color as my interior.

His opinion of my XKR was that it was very refined and had more power than he expected. It was very comfortable and quiet in the cabin.

Both the DBS and the XKR have 510HP, but the DBS is a 6 speed manual. The Aston is normally aspirated, and generates its power from displacement only (as we know). The throttle response in the DBS was massively better than my XKR, even though it supposedly generates 40 ft-lbs less torque, at a higher RPM. When I got on the interstate and floored the DBS, it put me in the back of the seat hard. DBS ride was comfortable cruising but took some corners very hard. The exhaust was loud and intoxicating even with the windows up. Louder when accelerating, very nice when cruising. The XKR (or an XKR-S) exhaust does not compare. This is my opinion based on driving both.

The DBS is 200 to 300 lbs less in weight, but "feels" more "substantial" than the XKR. Fit and finish in the DBS was excellent and it "felt" like an expensive car. The interior of my XKR is nice and has a closer "feel", but not quite there. There is no pretense of rear seats in the DBS.

The biggest difference, which the salesguy even agreed with, was the difference in "sensation" of speed in the two. At one point in the drive I floored the DBS and after a few seconds it felt like I was going pretty fast - I looked at the speedometer and speed/readout was 87MPH. I did the same thing in my XKR and we were doing close to 100MPH and still did not "feel" like it was extremely fast. I guess because of the hard acceleration in the DBS it gives that faster sensation.

I am driving a hard price on my car and the DBS. If we meet at a number (my target is $109K) I will trade my XKR for the DBS.

Old 03-23-2014, 04:22 PM
mfrankel is on a distinguished road
This has been a fun thread to read and appreciate your details & impressions comparing the two.
I hope the numbers work out as you hope!

Old 03-23-2014, 06:15 PM
Work those prices, they're a little stout.

Old 03-24-2014, 05:51 AM
Originally Posted by Aerome
Work those prices, they're a little stout.
Help me out here...what do you think the 09 DBS with 30K miles is worth?

Thanks!

Old 03-24-2014, 01:50 PM
FatFrank has a spectacular aura aboutFatFrank has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by RossL
Pretty much a no brainer... DBS
+1
I didn't realize that You could buy a DBS so cheaply. Wow, their price has fallen quite a bit in the last year.

FF

Old 03-24-2014, 08:01 PM
30K mileage is high. An '09 with that on the clock should be less than 100. If it's in the northern part of the US, perhaps even further. DOn't look at asking prices around the country, look at real selling prices.

Old 03-25-2014, 04:14 AM
Originally Posted by Aerome
30K mileage is high. An '09 with that on the clock should be less than 100. If it's in the northern part of the US, perhaps even further. DOn't look at asking prices around the country, look at real selling prices.
Thanks!

Well I managed to call another dealership and based on their opinion if I get them below $115K (provided the car is in really good condition) I will be getting a really good deal. Also, the replacement clutch's are supposed to be improved, so that is good. But clutch life is also very driver dependent. (The car recently had the clutch replaced)

If I can get them down another $2500 then I will get it. We're to that point in the negotiations.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Opinion...2009 DBS or 2010 DB9...