Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

how to start after winter

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-31-2014, 09:34 PM
black penguin has a brilliant futureblack penguin has a brilliant futureblack penguin has a brilliant futureblack penguin has a brilliant futureblack penguin has a brilliant futureblack penguin has a brilliant futureblack penguin has a brilliant futureblack penguin has a brilliant futureblack penguin has a brilliant futureblack penguin has a brilliant futureblack penguin has a brilliant future
how to start after winter

I remember someone posting the preferred starting procedure after the car has been in storage. Ther was a trick to getting the car to pre-oil etc so when you did start it, there would be some lubrication in the system.

Anyone out there remember, or did I dream it?

Old 03-31-2014, 10:54 PM
Basic Sponsor
Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by black penguin
I remember someone posting the preferred starting procedure after the car has been in storage. Ther was a trick to getting the car to pre-oil etc so when you did start it, there would be some lubrication in the system.

Hold the throttle pedal to the floor and turn over the starter. It will cut fuel. Allow the oil pressure to build up and then start as normal.

206 Maple Avenue
Oliver, BC
Canada V2A 4W6
Office: (1)250-485-5126
www.velocityap.com
Old 04-01-2014, 02:54 AM
07sportspack will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by Stuart@VelocityAP
Hold the throttle pedal to the floor and turn over the starter. It will cut fuel. Allow the oil pressure to build up and then start as normal.

Make sure you wait until the oil pressure light goes "off". It makes me nervous to wait while the starter is spinning........but its the sure fire way to KNOW you have oil pressure. I also think there is a clutch "reset" that will happen about 10 seconds after the start. I can't recall the exact process but have heard it. Stuart, can you refresh our memories on this as well. Thanks!

Old 04-01-2014, 06:41 AM
XJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by black penguin

It is described in your owner's manual (it is in mine).